Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jman240

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2009
I read somewhere that newstand itself is just a folder.

That's exactly what it is, look closely at the screen shots of it. Odd though, I wonder why they went that route.

Even funnier, if you look at the image on the apple.com website, its called "features_newsstand_folder.png"

Attachments

• features_newsstand_folder.png
    features_newsstand_folder.png
    388.7 KB · Views: 400

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
What about custom SMS sounds????? Please tell me apple added this feature.

well there's an option to buy more tones, which also leads to a library, but none of it is functional as of yet, so it's possible it's something yet to be enabled in GM or official release, but looks like there's something there for it.

or it may disappear entirely from official release!

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
well there's an option to buy more tones, which also leads to a library, but none of it is functional as of yet, so it's possible it's something yet to be enabled in GM or official release, but looks like there's something there for it.

or it may disappear entirely from official release!
that would suck big time
Still no dice here, unfortunately. We'll see as we move through the development phases.

I hope they do add custom sms tones, I can't believe that apple will add all these new amazing features but leave something so basic out, it is actually quite ridiculous.

Alex Hobbs

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2009
That's exactly what it is, look closely at the screen shots of it. Odd though, I wonder why they went that route.

Even funnier, if you look at the image on the apple.com website, its called "features_newsstand_folder.png"

Newsstand shows up in the recent app multitasking tray though :mad: That's more than likely a bug, but Newsstand is an app made to look like a folder. And I it bugs me that Newsstand is one word.

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
Didn't see this listed yet: When you are in the Camera app you can slide to the left and it goes to your current photo gallery, then slide back to the right and it goes back to the live camera view.

That is so slick. Reminds me why I own an iPhone.

Updated original post up to this post :cool:

Mascots

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
Newsstand shows up in the recent app multitasking tray though :mad: That's more than likely a bug, but Newsstand is an app made to look like a folder. And I it bugs me that Newsstand is one word.

I thought I was the only one. It's the repeating "ss" in it that is annoying.

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
And I it bugs me that Newsstand is one word.

I agree it is visually annoying; however, newsstand is supposed to be spelt as all one word. If Apple had made it two words people would be yelling at Apple for not knowing it is one word like newspaper, newsagent, etc.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
I'm guessing the iPhone 5 will have some sort of less bright led notification when it comes out! I have seen patents for LEDs under the glass i think for notifications which would be awesome!

I really hope the iPhone 5 has this, it would also be a slam on BlackBerry.

Jett0516

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2010
I'm guessing the iPhone 5 will have some sort of less bright led notification when it comes out! I have seen patents for LEDs under the glass i think for notifications which would be awesome!

the palm pre has it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.