Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waffles123

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2009
You can swipe the widgets in the status bar, and get a forecast by swiping the weather widget.

On lock screen, you can slide the logo of the notification to open the app.

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
You can swipe the widgets in the status bar, and get a forecast by swiping the weather widget.

This sounds pretty cool for a quick reference, but it sucks that here in Australia Yahoo weather (where Apple gets their weather.app info from) is always a few degrees off.

flatfoot99

Aug 4, 2010
sorry if not new or has been mentioned....

you can turn off badge app icon which means I can still get notifications from an app but dont have to have to open it up now to get rid of that red number.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
sorry if not new or has been mentioned....

you can turn off badge app icon which means I can still get notifications from an app but dont have to have to open it up now to get rid of that red number.

yup. you can turn that off in the settings.

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
For some reason, under the App Store in Settings, I don't get Automatic Downloads for Music.

I don't get the "Purchased" tab in my iTunes app either. What gives?

iOS 5 is seriously complicated, its driving me nuts.

dspalton

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2008
Fleet, UK
For some reason, under the App Store in Settings, I don't get Automatic Downloads for Music.

I don't get the "Purchased" tab in my iTunes app either. What gives?

iOS 5 is seriously complicated, its driving me nuts.

What country are you in?
Looks like its just the US at the moment that can do the iTunes purchased lists i think.

David

dspalton

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2008
Fleet, UK
Aaah, gotcha. I'm in England. Thanks for clearing that up!

Lol, im in basingstoke so exactly the same issue.
Bit annoyed would have been cool

Though the mrs has just been able to get all her purchases back after a problem, its already filled 60GB space (thats just videos / movies )
:eek::rolleyes:

So.... lolz

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Wow all this is super cool. Can't wait for iOS 5 to come out. Now do I become a "developer" to get it eaarly? Humm...

Any major bugs that would make putting iOS 5 on phone thats needed (not hyper critical) not worth doing?

astroot

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
I had 4 updates today, and I noticed that they were downloading concurrently. As far as I know, in iOS < 5.0, app updates would download one at a time.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet.

dspalton

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2008
Fleet, UK
I had 4 updates today, and I noticed that they were downloading concurrently. As far as I know, in iOS < 5.0, app updates would download one at a time.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet.

I noticed this as well about 0400 this morning and could not quite remember if it worked with < iOS 5.

Cool feature though
:)

dspalton

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2008
Fleet, UK
Just found this when trying to 'Buy More Storage'

ARbtviXCMAIGeWE.jpg

Previously its just been, error cannot continue

David
http://twitter.com/iosbugs

Nuttyphilt

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2010
Is there any way to refresh podcasts directly on the phone? This would be the only reason I'd need to sync with iTunes in iOS 5...

Thanks in advance.

hellomoto4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Australia
Hi everyone. Glad you're enjoying the thread. I've updated the main post, thanks to all for posting your findings :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.