Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anotoneher

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
Ok, seriously... custom vibrations? That's one amazingly neat feature I've never even thought about before. Not being sarcastic either. Not sure if Android already offers this... but wow. That's kinda neat! :apple:

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I've seen the flash for notifications work in a video. Problem is, it doesn't work for me. Anyone else have that issue or is it just not working?

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Does anyone know if iCloud syncing can use an Apple ID that's different from the Apple ID used for the iTunes and App stores? I would like to be able to share apps among my family's other devices via one Apple ID, but I don't want to use that same Apple ID to sync to iCloud otherwise everyone else will also get my contacts, calendars, docs, etc.

zorahk

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
North Korea
Does anyone know if iCloud syncing can use an Apple ID that's different from the Apple ID used for the iTunes and App stores? I would like to be able to share apps among my family's other devices via one Apple ID, but I don't want to use that same Apple ID to sync to iCloud otherwise everyone else will also get my contacts, calendars, docs, etc.

unfortunately there are some problems with syncing multiple ids.
it locks you out of syncing the previous ID over icloud for 90 days when you switch IDs. = icloud useless for me.

breadiu

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2003
Louisville
Override silent mode?

Does anyone know if it's possible to override silent mode for particular functions in iOS 5?

I'd like to have my phone ring while having all other functions remain silent.

I'd also be nice to allow certain apps to override silent mode (a weather alerts app, for example).

I'm not quite sure how elegant Apple could make this, which makes me think this functionality isn't going to be available, but I wanted to double check.

Mr Bigs

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2010
Bklyn N.Y
I'm guessing the iPhone 5 will have some sort of less bright led notification when it comes out! I have seen patents for LEDs under the glass i think for notifications which would be awesome!
They'll probably copy the notification system the Playbook uses.

GeekAhead

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2007
BK NY
Just got i0S 5 working on my phone.

Restoring all my apps takes 2 hours via "PC FREE"

How do I disable this ****.... I like my fast steady wire

hollerz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2006
Durham, UK
Can you set reminders to show up in the lock screen? Not just alerts, but for example tasks that are due today?

Can you tweet just plain text natively? Or can you only tweet a photo, map, website etc., and plain text need a Twitter app?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.