Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
In case it might not have been mentioned in this thread before, something else that seems to have been addressed in iOS 6.1:
Another "tidbit" in iOS 6.1 that I'm surprised hasn't been reported on:
With the release of iOS 6.1 on Monday, Apple addressed a potentially serious bug introduced in iOS 6 that would override a user's Mobile Safari JavaScript settings after visiting a webpage with a so-called "Smart App Banner."
Source: http://appleinsider.com/articles/13...at-re-enabled-javascript-without-user-consent

----------

Also, some more at http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple-releases-iOS-6.1-new-features-kills-bugs_id39188.

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
Who else has problems with the proximity sensor,mine doesn't work anymore but a few days ago,my iPhone got wet cause I left it in the bathroom for 4 hours and the bathtub was full with hot water and vapors were everywhere,that's why I found water on my iPhone and the sound stopped working but yesterday the sound start working again but I noticed the proximity sensor issue today.
No way the update caused it, especially since you said it has water damage/contact.

yukari

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
As people have been saying, much much faster application run.
Also, wifi stays connected without dropping.

Finally fixed the biggest problems, I've had.

Definitely worth the update!!!

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Cute.

Notice how I said I saw no compelling reason to upgrade. I don't use Siri and everything else brings me nothing I'm gonna use.

Have you considered all the security updates? Underlying bug fixes? Its not always just about new features. But certainly you have the option to not update. Not seeing a compelling reason NOT to though. But we all have choices!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
have you considered all the security updates? Underlying bug fixes? Its not always just about new features. But certainly you have the option to not update. Not seeing a compelling reason not to though. But we all have choices!
+1

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I checked on my old iPhone 4S that doesn't have the update and it' s not there , It's only in Cellular network .

Well , I have upgrade the 4S and it doesn't show in Settings , only in cellular network , so I guess it's a i5 thing I had not noticed …..

It doesnt show on the main screen until its activated once. At least on the 4s. Then its there always.

dogKman822

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2012
USA
As people have been saying, much much faster application run.
Also, wifi stays connected without dropping.

Finally fixed the biggest problems, I've had.

Definitely worth the update!!!

This means worse battery life with the wifi dropping when you lock the iPhone. It's using up more power to keep wifi on. You wouldn't think it a big issue but it is.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
This means worse battery life with the wifi dropping when you lock the iPhone. It's using up more power to keep wifi on. You wouldn't think it a big issue but it is.

No when lock wifi cuts off like it always has unless you have something going on that needs it (streaming audio for example).

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I had an issue with iCloud backups on both iPhone and iPad. It would indicate the last iCloud backup was the minute I unplugged the device from power - sort of like it was doing continuous backups. I even did backup now on my devices since it was never 24 hours after the last backup since it was alway now. I also got messages from iCloud saying no backups in 2 weeks even though the device was showing backups.
After 6.1 my devices have returned to "normal" it did a backup once when I plugged in and in the morning it still showed that one backup from the night before rather than the minute it had been uplugged.
So for me 6.1 fixed that problem on both phone and pad.

yukari

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
So far, I haven't seen any drop in battery life. 2 hour of use with 14 hours of standby and my battery is still at 85%.

Mav451

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2003
Maryland
4s here. So far the most noticeable is that cell data in low signal situations (i.e. office bathroom) is dramatically better. This post is a living example of that hahaha.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Oh. that's what mine does as well. I thought you guys were saying that you can actually change the volume level by tilting the phone.

The actual volume knob itself has a reflection appearance as you tilt the device. Like a metal button that the reflection changes as the light hits it. You can see like 4 little fan shaped shades that move around as you tilt it.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Is it me or apps updates only download the delta instead of the whole app? I just updated a 100mb game and download tool only a few seconds.

Maybe certains apps, but I had an update for Asphalt7 for my iPad and that bitch took forever. The app itself is well over 1GB I believe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.