Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
i can somewhat feel for him, but his antipublic release stance makes me not care too

FWIW I would highly recommend people with 64bit devices on 7.0.x update for safari performance

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
As with all jailbreaks, I backed up my photos, wrote down tweaks I want to have again, some repo's too, and then proceeded to restore as new.

iPhone 5 jailbreak done too, and complete PPsync removal as well :D

now just added tweaks, app store apps, configuring some tweaks to my liking, and should be all set
nice, same as I always do. I'm just too lazy to do it when .1.2 is just around the corner. Will let it run in current state as of know. Thanks

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
The only real thing that's bothering me is that my third-party apps don't have icons from within Settings. I remember this happening with earlier iOS 7 jailbreaks and don't remember how to solve it.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Did you guys already read this:

Just a note from the Reddit thread:
For precautionary measures, install 'Complete PPSync Remover' (on http://cydia.angelxwind.net repo) because even though you uncheck the "PP" on step 4, it installs it anyway (internally without the app showing)

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Did you guys already read this:

Just a note from the Reddit thread:
For precautionary measures, install 'Complete PPSync Remover' (on http://cydia.angelxwind.net repo) because even though you uncheck the "PP" on step 4, it installs it anyway (internally without the app showing)

Looking through the removal script, I don't have any of the PPSync-related files that it removes, so I'd believe that unchecking the box in Pangu is legit.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Looking through the removal script, I don't have any of the PPSync-related files that it removes, so I'd believe that unchecking the box in Pangu is legit.

I believe angelxwind confirms this in the reddit thread too
says running it cant hurt it

I dont see evidence of the enterprise profile in settings app

only one non cydia/telesphero package was showing as installed on first boot, and it was the pangu untether

havent ran angelxwinds package

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
ah2nmlE.jpg

Beauty and elegance combined! Erased my iPhone's name, just cuz!

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Biggest thing I have noticed on both my iPhone 5S and iPad Air is that my push notification settings got erased and at least on my iphone (which the JB keeps failing for some reason), the app store does not work anymore. I cannot update any apps that have an update out.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
stupid question but can i restore it as a new device on my virtual windows machine, jailbreak it and then restore the backup from my mac or will it erase cydia again?

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
Is there an easy way and safe way to do this? The sites in Chinese I believe. How did others do it?

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
stupid question but can i restore it as a new device on my virtual windows machine, jailbreak it and then restore the backup from my mac or will it erase cydia again?

Restore, then restore from the backup, then jailbreak.

Is there an easy way and safe way to do this? The sites in Chinese I believe. How did others do it?

It's pretty straightforward, much like every other jailbreak. Download the software, uncheck the only checkbox, then click the black button.

More: http://t.co/8HErHYiZfr

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.