Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
How many of you think it's reasonable to expect a release this week?

It would be reasonable for them to release it this week, but it's not reasonable to expect them to. They'll probably wait until the end of the month like they always do, and spend as much time on the iAP changes until the deadline on March 31st. Hope I'm wrong though!

rmadera

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
It would be reasonable for them to release it this week, but it's not reasonable to expect them to. They'll probably wait until the end of the month like they always do, and spend as much time on the iAP changes until the deadline on March 31st. Hope I'm wrong though!

I hope you're wrong too. Lol. But at least we know it's coming before the end of the month.

Miguel760

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2013
Does 7.1 change anything in the music app? I'm hoping it will let me listen to individual albums again.

Donoban

Suspended
Sep 7, 2013
Does 7.1 change anything in the music app? I'm hoping it will let me listen to individual albums again.

If I click ... More I can select by Album on 7.0.

Maybe you need to group your library into Albums under iTunes.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Still hoping Apple release either tomorrow or on the Tuesday. Just anything! The GM or the public release.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
You know it would come around a lot more quickly if you guys didn't obsess over it.

You may think that a hypocritical comment considering I'm posting in this thread, but I read a lot of things on the forum; not just this. :p

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
I've had the feeling for a while it was going to come out on the 11th. But the GM would have already needed to be released to the devs by now in order for that to happen.

What about the 24th or 25th? Seems about right.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I can certainly understand the impatience and eagerness for iOS 7.1 to be released.

That upgrade will solve EVERY problem anyone has ever experienced with iOS. There will be absolutely no problems, bugs , or glitches ever again.

Everyone will be totally and completely happy with iOS 7.1. There will be absolutely nothing missed, and there won't be ANY threads opened to complain that something in iOS 7.1 was missed.

It will be miraculous, and everyone's life will be improved immeasurably.

...or possibly not.

:rolleyes:

Shaqq

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2014
Do y'all think that this is right about iOS 7.1?

Do y'all think this graph is accurate and true about iOS 7.1
etezabu8.jpg

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Yes, it is shows what has happened between releases, and is currently counting days for 7.1 beta releases.

What do you think is not correct?

Shaqq

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2014
No I didn't think it was not correct I was just wondering what y'all would think. So what day do y'all think it'll be released ?

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
At this point I'm just going to assume we won't get a gm until at least the 24th, that way I can only be pleasantly surprised.

It probably would've reached us already if they didn't have to change in app purchases at the 11th hour. Thank you FTC :|

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
I can certainly understand the impatience and eagerness for iOS 7.1 to be released.

That upgrade will solve EVERY problem anyone has ever experienced with iOS. There will be absolutely no problems, bugs , or glitches ever again.

Everyone will be totally and completely happy with iOS 7.1. There will be absolutely nothing missed, and there won't be ANY threads opened to complain that something in iOS 7.1 was missed.

It will be miraculous, and everyone's life will be improved immeasurably.

...or possibly not.

:rolleyes:

Well, we HOPE it will fix these annoying bugs. A few people are still experiencing springboard crashes on the latest beta.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Not sure how many times I've said this but...

NO-ONE KNOWS APART FROM APPLE. John Gruber THINKS he knows but doesn't.

We can only guess. My GUESS is that hopefully we'll see something, the GM or a public release either tomorrow or Tuesday.

I'm not getting my hopes up though.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I've had the feeling for a while it was going to come out on the 11th. But the GM would have already needed to be released to the devs by now in order for that to happen.

What about the 24th or 25th? Seems about right.
There doesn't necessarily need to be a GM for a public release to happen.

----------

At this point I'm just going to assume we won't get a gm until at least the 24th, that way I can only be pleasantly surprised.

It probably would've reached us already if they didn't have to change in app purchases at the 11th hour. Thank you FTC :|
I believe the FTC requirements have been known for some time, so I'm not really sure the changes for them would really be as 11th hour as various articles seem to imply.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here
Not sure how many times I've said this but...

NO-ONE KNOWS APART FROM APPLE. John Gruber THINKS he knows but doesn't.

We can only guess. My GUESS is that hopefully we'll see something, the GM or a public release either tomorrow or Tuesday.

I'm not getting my hopes up though.

This is not true. Apple informs carriers ahead of time. I'm not sure how many times that you have said this either but if it was a thousand times then you were wrong a thousand times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.