Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
I am glad Apple is still working on 7.1. Beta 5 is not as good as some of you might think. There is occasional stutter and hangs. There is no crashing (or almost nothing), but still this is not the quality we all expect from Apple. I hope that when 7.1 comes out it will solve all issues, but I doubt it. It will be definitely though a big step in the right direction.
iOS 7 will be remembered as the worst OS Apple has made, because of its stability issues. The design is not the problem.

The fact that you experienced no crashes is exactly why iOS 7.1 beta 2 should've been released 3 months ago and the rest can be worked on as 7.1.x updates or 7.2 update.

Beta 2 was the most stable release I've seen for all iOS 7 releases and it was definitely ready for the public, especially when you consider the horrible buggy iOS 7.0 version.

All the changes they're made since beta 3, everybody can wait for it.

Apple should be ashamed of themselves for taking this long, this is definitely the Vista moment for them.

SomeGuyDude

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2011
NEPA
It can depend on where you are in the world.

Don't they go by PST? I'm pretty sure morning in PST is one of the last time zones to hit morning outside of Hawaii. If it's morning in California, everyone else is already awake.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Don't they go by PST? I'm pretty sure morning in PST is one of the last time zones to hit morning outside of Hawaii. If it's morning in California, everyone else is already awake.
Well, could be Hawaii, could be New Zealand (morning of the next day perhaps), could be someone just sleeping in or waking up on a different schedule. Just like the release date, there are various possibilities. ;)

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
The fact that you experienced no crashes is exactly why iOS 7.1 beta 2 should've been released 3 months ago and the rest can be worked on as 7.1.x updates or 7.2 update.

Beta 2 was the most stable release I've seen for all iOS 7 releases and it was definitely ready for the public, especially when you consider the horrible buggy iOS 7.0 version.

All the changes they're made since beta 3, everybody can wait for it.

Apple should be ashamed of themselves for taking this long, this is definitely the Vista moment for them.

I don't know if they should be ashamed or not, but iOS 7 has been a disappointment on 64 bit devices. Stability is the most important thing in an OS. I don't care about the design as much, I want something that just works. This is not the case on the iPad unfortunately. The iPhone version is much better and works really well, especially with 7.1.

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
I don't know if they should be ashamed or not, but iOS 7 has been a disappointment on 64 bit devices. Stability is the most important thing in an OS. I don't care about the design as much, I want something that just works. This is not the case on the iPad unfortunately. The iPhone version is much better and works really well, especially with 7.1.

Will be interesting what they have done in those 35 days from beta 5 release talking about performance and stability on 64 bit devices.

ivaren

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2014
Around the corner?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 164

Edgardas

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2014
Lithuania
I am guessing it will be here in a few hours, if all apps will be updated to support 7.1 today.

App store applications approval time is about 5-7 days. Developers can optimize their applications way earlier than a public iOS release. Those applications with "7.1 support" description means nothing talking about iOS software release date.

Donoban

Suspended
Sep 7, 2013
Really looking forward to the speed boost 7.1 should bring to my 4S.

Then I can start waiting for the next release of Mavericks...

What am I doing with my life?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.