Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which feature would you be the most excited for?

• Predictor

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Custom Notifications

Votes: 11 2.5%
  • Location-Based Actions

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Dynamic Icons

Votes: 25 5.8%
  • Widgets

Votes: 43 9.9%
  • Siri API

Votes: 22 5.1%
  • Offline Siri

• Quick Reply (Messaging)

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • New UI

Votes: 240 55.3%
  • Something Else (Be sure to post what)

• Total voters

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
I don't see how having advanced features could be classified as a bad thing. Believe it or not, a large-and-growing segment of the population are quite tech-oriented. Not necessarily "power users," just knowledgeable, techy people.

I want some retooling of the core iOS functions. More gesture-based, having a Mission Control style multitasking view, integrating Dashboard to the homescreen (widgets), adding stability and more options for Siri, and a fresh coat of paint. Auto-correct is also getting annoying for some reason, and I think the keyboard could use a revamp.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
Fix the app/iTunes store
Toggles in notification center
Set default apps.
Stop limiting the number of apps that can be put into folders.
It's ridiculous that we don't have these basic things.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Apple should start by redesigning all their default apps

Fantastical is what the Calendar app should be...

so many other horrid designs (Game Center, Clock, Contacts, Notes, Reminders, etc.)

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011

so many other horrid designs (Game Center, Clock, Contacts, Notes, Reminders, etc.)

Yes, yes, yes. The UI could be retooled in many stock apps. Chrome is a better mobile browser UI, Fantastical is a better calendar UI, stuff like that.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
The biggest thing on my wish list is an integrated password manager. I use and like 1Password, but its way o cumbersome not being better integrated into the OS, especially Safari.

ilove iOS

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2012
A multi page OS so that you can use two apps at the same time in a split screen. Oh and less Bugs :)

----------

A multi page OS so that you can use two apps at the same time in a split screen. Oh and less bugs would be nice. :)

----------

I think that the new clocks app looks great. Can't argue that notes and game center needs an update.

duneriderltr450

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Oregon
Not sure if someone has mentioned it already but I would like the do not disturb setting to have more features like turn off email notifications, ect. that are not really important when you are sleeping. I mostly sleep right through it but sometimes the email notification does wake me up.

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
There should be more advanced features, especially for iPad users. Here is my wish list:

1. Multi-tasking (REAL multi-tasking)
2. Run apps side-by-side
3. Some sort of file system, with the possibility to copy/move/erase files
4. Mouse/trackpad support
5. Possibility of installing plug-ins in apps

It would be great to see iOS with the features of a real operating system. It works well for the iPhone as it is, but the potential of the iPad should be unleashed.

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
Not sure if someone has mentioned it already but I would like the do not disturb setting to have more features like turn off email notifications, ect. that are not really important when you are sleeping. I mostly sleep right through it but sometimes the email notification does wake me up.

You can just mute your sound, can't you?

----------

1. Kill all apps or option to disable multitasking

2. Google+, Tumblr, Flickr, and Instagram integration

Bishwasher

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
Portsmouth,UK

Why don't you just turn your Internet off?

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Another little thing I'd like to see asap, is on the iPhone in mail, if you swipe to the right across (>>>), it shows your email folders and accounts. Like you can with Facebook for the sidebar.

I hate using mail on the iPhone simply cause it seems tedious having to press a button then select something different.

I enjoy swiping ;-)

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
Another little thing I'd like to see asap, is on the iPhone in mail, if you swipe to the right across (>>>), it shows your email folders and accounts. Like you can with Facebook for the sidebar.

I hate using mail on the iPhone simply cause it seems tedious having to press a button then select something different.

I enjoy swiping ;-)

Yeah the way sparrow and gmail app handle that is pretty good, it just feels right.

RylanH16

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012
right on

A big important area that Apple needs to work on, hopefully for iOS 7 is the default photos app.

It would be nice to do pretty simple things, like sort by date, file size etc

And some more advance things like tagging, rating, face tagging, view the exif data, delete batch from 'xx' to 'xx' and sort by 5 star rated etc

For me, it's been one of the most neglected areas of iOS and it's such an important one!

:)

Never really thought about it before but you have a good point that'd be awesome

----------

Also I'd like to see Photo Booth for iPhone. I'm usually a person who likes to be entertained all the time, so I don't see why Apple can't have a default Photo Booth app for iPod and iPhone. IMO:apple:

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Never really thought about it before but you have a good point that'd be awesome

----------

Also I'd like to see Photo Booth for iPhone. I'm usually a person who likes to be entertained all the time, so I don't see why Apple can't have a default Photo Booth app for iPod and iPhone. IMO:apple:

Yeah, I don't understand why Apple doesn't put some stock apps in the App Store.....certainly Photo Booth....that'd be a perfect download from the store, right?

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah, I don't understand why Apple doesn't put some stock apps in the App Store.....certainly Photo Booth....that'd be a perfect download from the store, right?

LOL yea I agree. Also add in the ability to remove some of the stock apps at the same time. I've always been very eager to get rid of useless (to me) apps like Newsstand and Game Center.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I'd like to see the ability to reduce the sensitivity to orientation change. It seems as if every time I pickup my iPad it goes through gyrations going upside down and then portrait and then upside down etc. I know if you are doing some gaming you need that degree of sensitivity but for "normal" use it doesn't need to be anywhere near that sensitive. I do need to switch to portrait so I don't want to lock the orientation but I would love it not to switch so easily.

personally, I don't want access to file system and folders - I want a utility that runs applications.

raptorstv

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
IOS 7 suggestion

Why dont apple add a bunch of widgets on the "search iPhone" homescreen page? Wouldnt it be sweet?

RylanH16

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012

Yeah totally and they also need to improve iMovie. I've never used the iPad version, but the iPhone version sucks. I usually end up using the lite version of Splice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.