Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nwcs

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
I bet most of the people complaining are either shills from other companies or people who just want to have a little fun. There certainly are some people who probably are very vulnerable to such conditions, though. But I'd say they are in the extreme minority.

Eduardo1971

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2006
Lost Angeles, Ca. usa
I'd quite like to switch the whole lot off too, but only because it slows everything down: things like getting from the off screen to the lock screen to be able to input the passcode and then to actually get to the home screen. It's sluggish as an old PC now!

What iPhone do you have? I just received my iPhone 5s yesterday and it is amazingly speedy. I came from a iPhone 4 with iOS 7 installed and yes, iOS 7 on a iPhone 4 is slow but managable.

FoxBJK

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2007
Chicago, IL
Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion

Why is everyone getting angry over people complaining, instead of showing them how to disable the feature? I did this on day one because I don't like the movements (and because on an iPad 2 it's not very smooth), and the OS is much better for me now!

noTe on iPhone

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2008
Why is everyone getting angry over people complaining, instead of showing them how to disable the feature? I did this on day one because I don't like the movements (and because on an iPad 2 it's not very smooth), and the OS is much better for me now!

*facepalm*

Because there isn't a option to turn the transitions off. The setting you are thinking of just turns off the background from moving slightly. The issues people are complaining about are when you open/switch apps.

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
What a bunch of fairies.

I hate this generation of pansies we live in. Always complaining about everything. No matter what someone is offended or butt hurt.

Get a palm pilot if you can't handle a bit of animation on a tablet.

I totally agree, couldn't have put it better myself. What sort of world are we living in when people are moaning about something so pathetic?!

No words to describe this!!!

Next they'll be complaining because the material on their underwear hurts their bits!!

Last edited:

Jmhoey

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2013
Give me a *********** break

There are certain organisms on this planet that should not exist. These people are part of that group. Oh my God. How do these freaks play games or watch videos? Or do they just use their devices to prop up their mutant heads? I hope Apple doesn't make ANY changes and writes these losers off as the ridiculous whiney cretins that they are.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Another Apple launch another manufactured "gate". If someone has an issue with parallax go in to settings and turn it off. Yawn.

guitarman777

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2005
Orlando, FL
I'd bet most of the complaining users are the kind of users who hold their phone three inches from their face. What the heck do you expect?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Exactly, it's just troll-bait for the rapid anti-Apple posters on that website. At least it got the Verge 500+ comments and a bump to the front page since yesterday. :rolleyes:

Yep all about page views unfortunately.

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2013
This is exactly like those reports that The Hobbit in HFR was making people nauseous. Except in this case, the reports may actually have some merit. Those zoom animations are pretty taxing on your mind.

Last edited:
S

syd430

There are certain organisms on this planet that should not exist. These people are part of that group. Oh my God. How do these freaks play games or watch videos? Or do they just use their devices to prop up their mutant heads? I hope Apple doesn't make ANY changes and writes these losers off as the ridiculous whiney cretins that they are.

Lol.. Calm down there buddy...

jrlcopy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2007
Haha I hate to say it, but drink a ton and then use your iPhone, the zooming effects totally give you a nauseous feeling.

Garfield's

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2013
The problem of making people sick is quite exaggerating however I do agree that the transition is slower compare to ios 6 and it also delays a little tracking my finger..:(

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
What ever happened to survival of the fittest?

Survival of the fittest? We live in a world of do everything possible to make the least fit succeed. I'm surprised there aren't ten warning stickers on the phone warning of every possible remote danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.