Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

jwoodfin2012

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2012
Kindle Works as well

The kindle app for iPhone works!

----------

Evernote does work.

----------

The Dunkin app works as well.

tmaxxtigger

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2010
Plants vs Zombies 2

Plants vs Zombies 2 does not work correctly, when it tries to download additional content beyond the first world it fails with a invalid path message.

bisnicks

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Not having any issues with Amazon and adding to the basket/cart. 32GB Verizon iPhone 5 on iOS 8 Beta 4.

seamer

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2009
Can someone test if Skylanders: Lost Islands works on iOS8 b4? I tried betas 1-3 and had zero success. The other Skylander titles were fine.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I'm reposting this from the front page story that brought me here...

Can someone please let me know if this app works in iOS 8? I designed the interface, but the developers did kind of a shoddy job in my opinion and took forever, so we're not working with them any more and I'm worried about iOS 8 compatibility. I have a dev account but after my troubles with iOS 7 last year I refuse to install betas on my personal device, and I'm still working on getting something to test this on that can run iOS 8. Previously we had an old iPod Touch. Here is the link to the iTunes Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cafnr/id874603725?mt=8

Thank you and I appreciate any help that you guys can provide! It has a few small bugs in its current state but nothing that is outright broken. It should mostly match up with the screenshots and load the thumbnails for stories, stories should open and display properly, along with events and research center information. It isn't much now, but this is actually going to be a cool little app someday that will allow residents of the state to connect with researchers in the field and get notifications for certain crop pests that move into their county, soil moisture levels, subscribe to agriculture news that interests them, etc. But we're starting small and building from there.

Zolotkey

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2014
Portland, OR
Since I dont have 25 posts, would some care to add these to the list?

iOS 8 B4 - iPhone 5S GSM

Working

WeatherUnderground
FlightAware
Opera Mini
iSSH
Google Authenticator
Instagram
RedBox
Samsung Smartview
TV Guide

Not Working

Ingress
IMDB

yyceggy

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2014
great white north
I will update the list of apps I have tested on my 4S running beta4

Not working:
--------------
Boxer - does not work at all, goes into a black screen and crashes after that

Working:
----------
Geocaching - seems to work now, I have not seen any issues yet. a bit slow but operational
Camera+ - seems to work fine, I was able to take pictures and edit, didn't go into every function but main one works
Bria - Seems to work just fine, making and receiving calls
Alarm Clock ( iHandy ) - working for me.

I will try to update later.

G.

jicon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2004
Toronto, ON
WORKING with iOS8 beta 4:

Untappd - Seems Apple modified their code to allow the application to log on to Untappd servers. Previously broken on iOS 8 beta 1-3

Great app by the way, if you want to see great beer recommendations.

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
iPhone 5C 32 GB

Beta 4 apps:

Mint is working fine for me. I was already logged in though...

Last edited:

philMBP

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2007
Can someone test TD (Canada) app?
Launched in b1 but the bottom navigation was messed up and impossible to pay bills/transfer etc.

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
Can add two that for sure are not working no matter how many devices/reboots I have tried:

AP News
Solforge

alextj

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2009
Danske Bank works fine here

I noticed there's Danske Bank on not-working apps list. I am running iOS 8 beta 4 and Danske Bank (Finnish version) on iPhone 4S and it's working fine. I haven't found any issues.

I can't fix the list, because I don't have enough posts.

geekonthepc

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2013
Don't know if it has already been mentioned but the Three UK app (mobile network) does not work - it can't distinguish whether it's on 3G or Wi-Fi in iOS 8 so is completely useless.

Superhai

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2010
Tapatalk and Viber do crash quiet often. Viber is unable to show incoming messages, and Tapatalk crash when you view posts.
TripCase app does work somewhat, but when it is spinning the circle you need to switch to another app and then go back again.

se7encrows

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2013
If someone can add Pocket Casts to the working section with the caveat that "Show Embedded Artwork" needs to be toggled off.

----------

Instagram is more buggy in this beta than any previous one. Keeps showing black screens when moving between different profiles. Don't know if anyone else is having this problem? :confused:

I had read there was some issues with video playback in both Instagram and Facebook. ymmv.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.