Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

urban469

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2008
Hi all,

Any news on whether these apps work in Beta 4?

Ocado
First Direct
London’s Best Coffee
Zipcar
Uber
My Vodafone
Train Times

Thanks so much.

urban469

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2008
Hi all,

Any news on whether these apps work in Beta 4?

Ocado
First Direct
London’s Best Coffee
Zipcar
Uber
My Vodafone
Train Times

Thanks so much.

I took a chance and installed iOS 8 Beta 4, and I can confirm that all of the above apps work perfectly!

wallstreetfool

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2014
New York City, NY
Thanks for posting this list.

I too have some Apps that are having some compatibility issues with iOS 8 Beta.

Hopefully, this is the last Major iOS Update from Apple, at least for the next couple years. It's really frustrating for App Developers to constantly modify their Apps, when Apple is releasing iOS Updates every other Quarter. And not just that, god forbid if the rumors are true and Apple is seriously considering a 5.5 Inch iPhone 6, that'll force developers to completely redesign their Apps to work with the iPhone 6.

gustavodonat

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2014
Ask.fm in my iPhone iOS 8 don't function. The App close immediately when i see the notifications and asks.

Google Play Music it works in iOS 8 beta 4 :D

In Chile the LAN app isn't works. Close immediately when appears the logo of the airway company.

See ya !

Sweeperdk

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
Århus, Denmark
Adjusted the list as the Danske Bank app now works flawlessly.

*Edit*

Could someone verify Instagram and Sonos app for me?

For some reason I cannot get them to work. Sonos will not connect, and Instagram will not allow me to publish images.

Last edited:

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Thanks for posting this list.

I too have some Apps that are having some compatibility issues with iOS 8 Beta.

Hopefully, this is the last Major iOS Update from Apple, at least for the next couple years. It's really frustrating for App Developers to constantly modify their Apps, when Apple is releasing iOS Updates every other Quarter. And not just that, god forbid if the rumors are true and Apple is seriously considering a 5.5 Inch iPhone 6, that'll force developers to completely redesign their Apps to work with the iPhone 6.

What?? iOS is in beta stage and developers are busy to work on their apps so they can get it right once iOS 8 is available to the public. People like you shouldn't be on the beta program, since you don't seem to get the concept of BETA. This reminds me of all the negative reviews for Kik messenger once iOS 7 beta 1 was out and all the kiddies were angry the developers hadn't pushed an update within the last 10 hours after first having heard of iOS 7 and the big changes...
Also, think about what devs have to do for android - every device is different, possibly even with different compatibility issues, different versions, screen sizes, etc. Apple is a developer dreamland.

kryptonkid07

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
Houston, TX
I've found some problems with some of the apps listed as "working".

Instagram. If you're swiping from the edge of the screen, the screen turns black you have to force quit the app before it works again.

Spotify. Sometimes while changing from song to song, the music controls disappear and you can't even back out to choose another song or playlist.

VSCOcam. After editing sometimes all the edits disappear even though the thumbnail appears to be edited. Also, the font seems to be too large and is not dependant on the font size in Settings.app. Also it seems to lock up when scrolling through filters.

I don't know if these have been mentioned before, but these problems keep popping up with me as I use these apps a lot.

urban469

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2008
I've found some problems with some of the apps listed as "working".

Instagram. If you're swiping from the edge of the screen, the screen turns black you have to force quit the app before it works again.

Spotify. Sometimes while changing from song to song, the music controls disappear and you can't even back out to choose another song or playlist.

VSCOcam. After editing sometimes all the edits disappear even though the thumbnail appears to be edited. Also, the font seems to be too large and is not dependant on the font size in Settings.app. Also it seems to lock up when scrolling through filters.

I don't know if these have been mentioned before, but these problems keep popping up with me as I use these apps a lot.

Me too: The Guardian crashes on first launch (although seems fine on the second or third attempt to launch).

Twitter: login approvals are no longer being sent as push notifications, you have to open the app and navigate through to security to authorise a web login.

urban469

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2008
And Skype: it's possible to type a message, but you can't press send unless you come out of the app and go back in. Also, the top row of the keyboard keeps disappearing.

Erasef301

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2014
Can someone test "Ringcentral". I tried it on iOS 8 beta 1 but it would not let me enter a username or password. I have since downgraded to iOS 7.1.

Thanks!

gregsapphire

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2014
Cortex Camera (crashes when opening)

----------

Tile (crashes when opening after you link a tile)

Dan70

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
England
I don't have enough posts to edit the wiki but here are some apps that I've not had any problems with while using iOS 8 beta 4 (and now beta 5).

1. Duolingo
  2. Netflix*
  3. Xbox SmartGlass (X1)
  4. Channel 4oD

* I've reported this to Netflix to look into because on iPad only (iPhone there are no issues at all for some reason); when an episode ends and a new one starts, the video will start playing from the beginning but the audio will skip ahead to a random time, sometimes 10 minutes, other times 1 minutes and I've had a couple of times where it skips to 30 minutes.

clwrs

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2014
United Airlines app does not work

Has anyone had luck accessing UAL's app with iOS 8 b5? The best mine will stay open for is 3-4 seconds.

-CLWRS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.