Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deeznuts

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2015
I had the slide to update error on the iOS 9 upgrade that turned my iPad 3 into a brick. I went back to iOS 8.4.1 and am staying there until at least 9.2.
Update to 9.0.1, its kinda snappy. Or wait till mid-october & update to 9.1.

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
I just tried a search of contacts on my iPhone 6+ (because Siri on my Watch can't find any contacts after the 9.01 and Watch OS 2 update). The results list is a mess with entries overlapping each other.

That's just one of many problems and I usually brush off people crying "disaster" but this is a disaster. Tons of functions that worked fine are now a problem. Seems very sloppy on Apple's part.

deeznuts

macrumors member
Original poster
May 27, 2015
Just making a note for the others LOL & safari seems snappier.
I just tried a search of contacts on my iPhone 6+ (because Siri on my Watch can't find any contacts after the 9.01 and Watch OS 2 update). The results list is a mess with entries overlapping each other.

That's just one of many problems and I usually brush off people crying "disaster" but this is a disaster. Tons of functions that worked fine are now a problem. Seems very sloppy on Apple's part.
iOS 9 needs a miracle.

Reactions: cdfarrar

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
After spending a few hours now with the update on my Mini 3 (updated via OTA), all my 9.0 issues are still issues on 9.0.1
This is starting to feel like the 8.x saga all over again.o_O I hope its not. :rolleyes:

Blaster13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
Don't know if this is new... But when in app switcher it's showing the page from my Mac at the bottom YouTube kids for boy cool thing is it says good morning Leo :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    585.5 KB · Views: 229

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Don't know if this is new... But when in app switcher it's showing the page from my Mac at the bottom YouTube kids for boy cool thing is it says good morning Leo :)
I believe that's part of handoff or continuity.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
iOS 9 is probably their most buggy release yet. Pretty sad, considering how little actually changed

Not even close to the "buggiest" release. It's funny how much gets over exaggerated when someone is displeased when something isn't 110% perfect.

And there has been a ton that's changed. A lot of it is behind the scenes stuff, building blocks for future things to come.

Reactions: Max(IT) and chrfr

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
Anyone else annoyed that you have to wait for the slide to unlock animation to finish before the home button will unlock the phone?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    178.4 KB · Views: 202

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
Has anyone noticed a delay waking up their iPad Air 2 after charging overnight? Had this on iOS 9 as well.

After charging it overnight, it doesn't wake up immediately when I open the Smart Cover. Even if I try to open the cover multiple times. Once I press the home button, it wakes with a slight delay and then the Smart Cover works flawlessly again. That slight delay sort of reminds me of the sleep/wake delay in 8.4.1.

It doesn't do this at all throughout the day. Odd.

stusgt67

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2015
United Kingdom
Has anyone noticed a delay waking up their iPad Air 2 after charging overnight? Had this on iOS 9 as well.

After charging it overnight, it doesn't wake up immediately when I open the Smart Cover. Even if I try to open the cover multiple times. Once I press the home button, it wakes with a slight delay and then the Smart Cover works flawlessly again. That slight delay sort of reminds me of the sleep/wake delay in 8.4.1.

It doesn't do this at all throughout the day. Odd.
This may have been fixed in iOS 9.1 betas. I had smart cover issues with iOS 9 Betas, seems okay now on 9.1.

Reactions: scjr

flashflooder

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Not even close to the "buggiest" release. It's funny how much gets over exaggerated when someone is displeased when something isn't 110% perfect.

And there has been a ton that's changed. A lot of it is behind the scenes stuff, building blocks for future things to come.

I'm speaking from personal experience. Get off your high horse.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Nothing about that is mentioned or would be known in practice for at least a bit of time. That said, most people weren't having "broken" battery life (at least no more than what's typical to surface with pretty much any update).
You should know: after every upgrade there's someone reporting battery life issues and lags ....

The only issues I have had on the Air 2 is a weird keyboard animation when rotating 180 degrees on spotlight. Also on the news section at the left, if I click "show more", I can't scroll down. I hope those annoying issues get fixed with this update.

I tried on my Air and I can't see any weird keyboard animation on spotlight....

Can't check the news because I'm not in the USA.

I highly recommend that you do a Google search regarding OS9 battery life issues. It should enlighten you.

With a Google search you could find battery life issues with literally EVERY iOS update.
With a Google search you could even find proofs of the aliens existence....

Battery life with 8.4 was amazing and with OS9 terrible. My 5 is two years old and my 5s is less than a year so you can believe what you want.
When 8.4 was released there were people complaining about battery life issues too .... believe what you want.

It's best to ignore C DM. Every time there's a release or update, this is his modus operandi. He's an amusing character, for sure. :)

He's modus operandi is just not to whining at every iOS release ... Many people should learn from him.

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
That's shocking.

I was startled by the fact that it wasn't fixed on iOS 9.0 when it was released, because it's such an apparent bug.

Can't believe it's still there on 9.0.1. That's just silly.
Worse still its still present in 9.1 Beta!!

Such a simple UI bug, I cannot believe it hasn't been squashed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.