Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Um blur is what makes the design beautiful in my opinion. Maybe people should stop complaining that high end features aren't working well on phones they bought in 2011&2012

I agree the blur is very aesthetically pleasing but it's not just old devices that it's causing performance issues with. The 6 plus and 6S plus are both experiencing performance issues here as well, most likely due to the increased demand from the high rendering resolution (1242x2208) when compared to its 4.7" or smaller counterparts. I think users with these phones have a reasonable complaint considering these are the new top of the line devices.

Fingers crossed Apple does some performance tweaking of that effect to make it more resource efficient. Smooth and responsive interface interaction has always been one of the primary elements that attracted me to iOS over Android.

The 4.7 inch iPhone 6 has minor issues with the blurring here and there and I've even seen small hiccups on the iPhone 5. My iPad mini 2 has NEVER done well with it even on iOS 7.x.x. It's just so annoying how Apple can't get it right, it's a taxing process but not *that* taxing is it?

The iOS 7/8/9 design would look awful without the blurring but I think it causes way too many issues for it to be worth it. Change the design to not need to blurring so much, or limit the unnecessary use of it. Like the keyboard, app switcher, pop up menus, spotlight, power down screen, headers, text entry boxes... It's too much. Control center, dock, folders, passcode screen, Notification Center, and that's about all you need.

Reactions: DoctorKrabs

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
You may or may not have been following the forums since 9.0 has been released but people have been giving that response since the 9.0 betas. "It's a beta it'll be fixed in the final!"

But as we've seen that doesn't always happen. It's important for us to make an issue of bugs so they don't go unnoticed. Don't get me wrong I love apple products but some of you take it so personal when someone reports an issue.
I've been on every beta since iOS 9.0 beta 1, I've reported over 100 bugs to Apple since then, and 100s more here on this forum. You're suppose to report bugs on the beta. That's what they're for. The problem some of us have is when people say things like bad apple, apple sucks, apple is losing it about the betas! If you want to complain about the GM go for it, I could talk for hours about some of the bugs that still exist in the latest public version of iOS 9. But complaining about a beta is really a cheap shot that gets us no where.

Reactions: 0004986 and jhuynh

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
You may or may not have been following the forums since 9.0 has been released but people have been giving that response since the 9.0 betas. "It's a beta it'll be fixed in the final!"

But as we've seen that doesn't always happen. It's important for us to make an issue of bugs so they don't go unnoticed. Don't get me wrong I love apple products but some of you take it so personal when someone reports an issue.

Apple doesn't read these forums.

Reactions: The Doctor11

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA

Could not have said this better myself. Yes, it's a beta, but if nobody reports or even raises attention around the issues, they'll never be fixed. You can't assume stuff will be fixed because I was convinced each 9.0 beta would get better for performance but it never really did. 9.0-9.1: disaster. 9.2: fair. Still not great, but much better than before.

Reactions: pat.b

Baby12

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2015
Stavanger
I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it. I'm not gonna say it.

**** IT I'M SAYING IT!

It is a beta!!!!!
Please sit on chair and hit your face your own hand than say that you have right. Man tone of people complain about overheating since 9.0. Sometimes I wonder why I did update to latest system. Wait until nex 9.3 beta...

jhuynh

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2012

He wasn't complaining about someone reporting a bug. He was complaining about someone vilifying Apple for a bug that's in a beta release("bad apple"). If you want to blame Apple for not fixing a bug, do it when they release the final version of the release and not during the beta.

You are justified in complaining if the bug is still there in the final release.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Apple doesn't read these forums.
Then how are devices with unreleased iOS versions visiting the site?

You kind of blew that out of proportion by the way. This is a forum. You discuss, in this case, about beta software. That includes issues. Yes, even for betas. You can see if other people are having your issues, if they are, they can report it as well so the bugs might have a higher chance of being fixed.

Reactions: dmnc

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
I don't under how some of you don't understand what betas are but install them anyway.
We are probably only 1 beta away from the final release and tbh not much has changed.Most of the bugs are still there and have been there since 9.0.This excuse is just filler at best

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Then how are devices with unreleased iOS versions visiting the site?

You kind of blew that out of proportion by the way. This is a forum. You discuss, in this case, about beta software. That includes issues. Yes, even for betas. You can see if other people are having your issues, if they are, they can report it as well so the bugs might have a higher chance of being fixed.

Saying "bad Apple" isn't discussing it.

WaruiKoohii

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2015
Boston
I haven't had a chance to try to reproduce it yet, but last night when my phone reached 20% battery, it began shutting off.

It would shut off, and when trying to turn it back on, it would report low battery. After a minute or so I'd be able to turn it on, use it for 30 seconds or so, then it would turn off again and report that it needed to be charged when trying to turn it back on. Wait a minute or so, and it would turn on again for another 30 seconds or so.

I don't usually run my battery down that low, but this seems like new behavior to Beta 4. It's a 6s and this hasn't happened to me before.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
We are probably only 1 beta away from the final release and tbh not much has changed.Most of the bugs are still there and have been there since 9.0.This excuse is just filler at best
You're wrong. Things have improved, from 9.1.

App Switcher and Spotlight are greatly improved. Safari is improved. Battery usage has been been amazing here, on both of my devices. 9.2 is definitely going in the right direction.

You're looking at things in a one dimensional way, hence you will never see any improvement.

Suspended
Nov 19, 2015

Well the concept of testing is to apply different use cases based on practical use(not something like pulling up CC while on Siri) and report the bugs unlike pecking on the company itself and exaggerating on the trivial issues, which from what I see are not happening with everyone. The purpose of having iOS 9 available for Public Testing is to ensure they find most bugs with the combined effort and not cuz they don't have enough dirt on them. And so far most people have been successful in defeating the purpose.

If people just want to complain about the quality without the knowledge of how things work, they should probably stop using the Betas entirely which makes this thread irrelevant to them.

31 Flavas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2011
Running 9.2 beta 4 on my iPhone 6. For me, an old, and I thought long fixed bug, resurfaced last night. When the iPhone is connected to Car stereo's bluetooth and I'm using Apple Maps and Siri is vocalizing driving directions -- Her voice gets cut off as she announces the street name.

e.x. "In half a mile, turn right on B....."

Has this re-emerged for anyone? Anyone else notice this behavior or bug? I think it was a bug possibly back in like iOS 7 that was fixed in a later point update or so.

Suspended
Nov 19, 2015
Please sit on chair and hit your face your own hand than say that you have right. Man tone of people complain about overheating since 9.0. Sometimes I wonder why I did update to latest system. Wait until nex 9.3 beta...

Sometimes I wonder why you're on iOS 9.2b4 instead of iOS 9.1 which would keep you off this thread and make it a less annoying environment.

Reactions: dmnc and permar

DoctorKrabs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
I've been on every beta since iOS 9.0 beta 1, I've reported over 100 bugs to Apple since then, and 100s more here on this forum. You're suppose to report bugs on the beta. That's what they're for. The problem some of us have is when people say things like bad apple, apple sucks, apple is losing it about the betas! If you want to complain about the GM go for it, I could talk for hours about some of the bugs that still exist in the latest public version of iOS 9. But complaining about a beta is really a cheap shot that gets us no where.
I could have complained for hours about bugs in iOS 9.0.2 that I was hoping would be fixed in 9.1. iOS 9.1 public release came along and many of the bugs still existed. So now I can keep complaining about them still being in 9.1 but it would have been wrong to do that while 9.1 was in beta?

That's the stage we're in at 9.2 right now. You'll say it's only a beta while the issues don't get fixed. Then the public release will come out with issues still unfixed and... oh well!

Here are some bugs that has existed since 9.0 that still exists in 9.1 beta 4. I reported it when the public release of iOS 9.1 didn't fix it and a month later and 4 beta releases in, it still goes unfixed while making the phone lock up completely.

Notice the dislikes on the Siri video. What is the rationale for disliking that video if the bug is in a public version of iOS and still not addressed in a late beta? Do people here not like the truth? It's not a fake video and I don't have magic fingers that cause it. It can be done on any device with iOS 9.

I don't care if these are not normal use cases. Being able to do this on command, whenever I decide to should not be possible. iOS should be rock solid with extremely rare exceptions. This is not an unreasonable demand since it used to be rock solid 3 years ago.

Am I supposed to excuse Apple for making this software the only option? No downgrading to the last major version? No letting users restore to the version their phone shipped with? Isn't the definition of "restore" to revert to its original condition? Why can't an iPhone 5 user go back to 6.1.4 and escape Apple's collapse in iOS quality? It makes me angry because iOS 7 was buggy and I herd nothing but excuses like "It's early! It'll get better after some updates!" After two years, iOS still hasn't recovered from 7.

It's fair that I complain about this lack of refinement, beta or not. iOS 9 was supposed to focus on refinement and polish and so far it hasn't done anything to meet that expectation. Not complaining enough is what gets us to where we are now.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I could have complained for hours about bugs in iOS 9.0.2 that I was hoping would be fixed in 9.1. iOS 9.1 public release came along and many of the bugs still existed. So now I can keep complaining about them still being in 9.1 but it would have been wrong to do that while 9.1 was in beta?

That's the stage we're in at 9.2 right now. You'll say it's only a beta while the issues don't get fixed. Then the public release will come out with issues still unfixed and... oh well!

Here are some bugs that has existed since 9.0 that still exists in 9.1 beta 4. I reported it when the public release of iOS 9.1 didn't fix it and a month later and 4 beta releases in, it still goes unfixed while making the phone lock up completely.

Notice the dislikes on the Siri video. What is the rationale for disliking that video if the bug is in a public version of iOS and still not addressed in a late beta? Do people here not like the truth? It's not a fake video and I don't have magic fingers that cause it. It can be done on any device with iOS 9.

I don't care if these are not normal use cases. Being able to do this on command, whenever I decide to should not be possible. iOS should be rock solid with extremely rare exceptions. This is not an unreasonable demand since it used to be rock solid 3 years ago.

Am I supposed to excuse Apple for making this software the only option? No downgrading to the last major version? No letting users restore to the version their phone shipped with? Isn't the definition of "restore" to revert to its original condition? Why can't an iPhone 5 user go back to 6.1.4 and escape Apple's collapse in iOS quality? It makes me angry because iOS 7 was buggy and I herd nothing but excuses like "It's early! It'll get better after some updates!" After two years, iOS still hasn't recovered from 7.

It's fair that I complain about this lack of refinement, beta or not. iOS 9 was supposed to focus on refinement and polish and so far it hasn't done anything to meet that expectation. Not complaining enough is what gets us to where we are now.

So you do something abnormal with the intent of showing a bug...

austriak

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2011

I've never had any of those issues shown in those YouTube videos. I actually think ios 9 runs really well. Very rarely have I seen a bug and even rarer where it has bothered me, especially like your over reaction.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
I don't care if these are not normal use cases.
Of course you don't and you wonder why your videos garner dislikes.

Some of the bugs you've uncovered will never show up in day to day usage. You can report them and if Apple feels they are urgent enough to address, they'll address them. Kudos you found them, but there are bugs that most likely have a higher priority.

Reactions: MEJHarrison

thed0g

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2015
You're suppose to report bugs on the beta.
And those are supposed to be fixed in "stable" releases, which they aren't. You didn't even ask if he had the same issue before on a stable release. Maybe he opted in the beta feeling hopeful it would clear his issue ?

It sure as hell wouldn't be the only one.

Suspended
Nov 19, 2015
And those are supposed to be fixed in "stable" releases, which they aren't. You didn't even ask if he had the same issue before on a stable release. Maybe he opted in the beta feeling hopeful it would clear his issue ?

It sure as hell wouldn't be the only one.

Opting-in for the beta testing implies that you shoutout the bugs, not your dissatisfaction over the software not working to your liking.

Don't people ever read the title of the thread? Just cuz there's a iOS 9.2b4 in the title doesn't mean it's the place to post your grievances. It's BUGS, CHANGES AND PERFORMANCE ADJUSTMENTS for Pete's sakes!!

rmadera

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013

I was able to replicate that Siri bug that you showed in the video. I recorded my own video of it happening on my iPhone and iPad and submitted it to Bug Reporter. I classified it as a 'Serious Bug' as it does render your device completely unresponsive unless a hard reset is performed. I'll keep you guys updated on whether or not I get a response.

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
I don't understand why some of you feel the need to defend Apple.

Because its way too early, while using a beta, to say what the final 9.2 release will be like. Just as you say, not ALWAYS fixed, but yes things do get fixed along the way.

Things are turned on and off, both visible features and features.running processes under the hood, in betas for obvious reasons. You cannot equate a beta performance to what is released in the official release.

Betas, even public betas are install at your own risk and always have been.

rexboe

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
Cant updates my 6S Plus here... on 9.2 Beta 3, downloading 9.2 Beta 4 via Developer website for 6s Plus and iTunes says its not eligible...
Same issue here I can use beta 3 in tunes but not beta 4 ended up doing the OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.