Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oscarod

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2010
I just received my eBay smart cover enhancer in the post, fits really well and will certainly be keeping my iPad safe till the Switcheasy canvas gets over here.
Works great with the smart cover and for the price, I couldn't not get one :)

your images of the smart cover compatible companion are down :(

C-Dub

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT

I got mine from this seller today. it is a complete piece of garbage.

sharp edges, surrounding lip loose and does not stay on iPad, very shoddy and badly made and exactly what I expected from an eBay seller.

all these people who give this guy good feedback are the people here that are looking for deals and would not know a quality product if it bit them in the ass!

don't waste your money on a skin, get a quality hard thin back for it from a reputable manufacturer.

Jhutchings

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2011

sharp edges, surrounding lip loose and does not stay on iPad, very shoddy and badly made and exactly what I expected from an eBay seller.

all these people who give this guy good feedback are the people here that are looking for deals and would not know a quality product if it bit them in the ass!

don't waste your money on a skin, get a quality hard thin back for it from a reputable manufacturer.

I am sorry but you are dead wrong. I just got the grey one and for the money it is a very fine product. I have a dodocase, Portenzo and other cases. I wanted something to use with my smart cover and this one works. It does stay on the iPad, it is not shoddy and very importantly it is not a piece of garbage. You are entitled to you opinion but in my opinion you are dead wrong.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009

Mine does not have the problem you described and FOR THE PRICE, it's a good deal. I don't mind spending money on a quality product, but there isn't one out yet that meets my criteria.

Incipio Feather - Currently does not support smart cover. New version limits your ability to remove the cover easily.

Xgear Enhancer - Strange cut-outs that leave more exposed than desired.

Joy Factory SmartFit2 - Even more exposed than the XGear, both top and bottom are cut out.

Enki Genius - Not out yet, and not enough details/pictures to determine if it will be good.

Aviiq Smart Case - Not out yet. Looks nice, but need to see more and no Navy color options (my smart cover color). Some will say pricey.

Marware Microshell - Who knows when they are finally going to ship. Limited color options, and no clear. Pictures contradict whether it's going to be glossy or rubberized matte.

I'm sure I might be missing a few, but none that I can think of that are coming out soon. I would assume some if not most of us that got the TPU did so to hold us over till something better comes around, but after the list I posted I'm not sure when that will be. To me, none of those are the definite answer for smart cover compatible cases.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
I am sorry but you are dead wrong. I just got the grey one and for the money it is a very fine product. I have a dodocase, Portenzo and other cases. I wanted something to use with my smart cover and this one works. It does stay on the iPad, it is not shoddy and very importantly it is not a piece of garbage. You are entitled to you opinion but in my opinion you are dead wrong.

I'm dead wrong but entitled to my opinion, hey thanks, that's mighty big of you!

Not exactly sure why someone who would buy two of the most expensive cases around would wNt to stoop to this quality level. None the less you have but to say I am dead wrong about something I have used and experienced problems with is a bit odd. to say your experience was different is one thing but to ridicule my post because you like to waste your money on ugly book cover type expensive cases is really rather hilarious!

I would have thought being the chief ipad2 case cover tester of the world you would know a quality product when you saw it, apparently not.

According to you I should just ignore my experience with this shoddily made, cheap piece of flimsy plastic and crappy excuse for an iPad 2 case. I lost a $30 screen protector because of the poor fit of this case yet you state I am dead wrong but entitled to my opinion, please, mr. fancy case buyer open your eyes to the experience of others!

It's still going in the garbage, as I said it's a piece of cheap junk, buyers beware unless you like wasting your money on cases like this guy!

P.S. additionally one better have good nails in order to get the smart cover open once this case is on as there is no lip, what so ever and it makes it a chore to open. It's completely flush withe body, another reason to save your money and get a proper fitting well made case!

P.s.s. and there is a little too much real estate exposed on the back where smart cover attaches in comparison to other cases like this. yet one more reason to avoid!

Last edited:

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I'm dead wrong but entitled to my opinion, hey thanks, that's mighty big of you!

I agree you are entitled to your opinion. I don't think you wrong... It's more likely that you either got a defective case or have a higher expectation for < $15 case.

Either way, I never understand why people say they are going to throw a bad case away... I'm pretty sure all the sellers that were linked have return policies. Granted you have to pay return shipping, but since it's just a envelope it's not going to cost more than a few dollars. I know people are going to say it's not worth the time or money, but the seller still keeps the dough unless you return it. If you really feel the way you do, speak with your wallet and get your money back or at least don't let them have it for free.

PWNkake

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2010
I ordered the same one as shawndoc and love it. Perfict fit and with the black smart cover it's money. Easily the best combo out there. I look for this case to be THE mold for most cases out there in about a month or two.

Jhutchings

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2011

Not exactly sure why someone who would buy two of the most expensive cases around would wNt to stoop to this quality level. None the less you have but to say I am dead wrong about something I have used and experienced problems with is a bit odd. to say your experience was different is one thing but to ridicule my post because you like to waste your money on ugly book cover type expensive cases is really rather hilarious!

I would have thought being the chief ipad2 case cover tester of the world you would know a quality product when you saw it, apparently not.

According to you I should just ignore my experience with this shoddily made, cheap piece of flimsy plastic and crappy excuse for an iPad 2 case. I lost a $30 screen protector because of the poor fit of this case yet you state I am dead wrong but entitled to my opinion, please, mr. fancy case buyer open your eyes to the experience of others!

It's still going in the garbage, as I said it's a piece of cheap junk, buyers beware unless you like wasting your money on cases like this guy!

P.S. additionally one better have good nails in order to get the smart cover open once this case is on as there is no lip, what so ever and it makes it a chore to open. It's completely flush withe body, another reason to save your money and get a proper fitting well made case!

P.s.s. and there is a little too much real estate exposed on the back where smart cover attaches in comparison to other cases like this. yet one more reason to avoid!

Wow, what a reply, I take issue when someone calls something garbage when it clearly is not. Yes I have the portenzo and dodcase and you know what they have flaws also, but for 15 bucks I found something that just works and yes that is my opinion just like you have one. And I still say you are dead wrong.

Redalert

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2011
Mine does not have the problem you described and FOR THE PRICE, it's a good deal. I don't mind spending money on a quality product, but there isn't one out yet that meets my criteria.

Incipio Feather - Currently does not support smart cover. New version limits your ability to remove the cover easily.

Xgear Enhancer - Strange cut-outs that leave more exposed than desired.

Joy Factory SmartFit2 - Even more exposed than the XGear, both top and bottom are cut out.

Enki Genius - Not out yet, and not enough details/pictures to determine if it will be good.

Aviiq Smart Case - Not out yet. Looks nice, but need to see more and no Navy color options (my smart cover color). Some will say pricey.

Marware Microshell - Who knows when they are finally going to ship. Limited color options, and no clear. Pictures contradict whether it's going to be glossy or rubberized matte.

I'm sure I might be missing a few, but none that I can think of that are coming out soon. I would assume some if not most of us that got the TPU did so to hold us over till something better comes around, but after the list I posted I'm not sure when that will be. To me, none of those are the definite answer for smart cover compatible cases.

I also noticed that Belkin have a cover that works with the Smart Cover, it's called the "Snap Shield for iPad 2". The link to the product is here: http://www.belkin.com/uk/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=544455

I'm not too sure when it will be released though.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Does the black one have matte finish? I'd like one that is not glossy and has a good grip to it.

Nightz

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2011
San Diego, CA
I got the SmartFit2 by Joy Factory and I think I will be sticking with it. Like jedolley said, both the top and bottom are exposed, but I have my carbon fiber skin covering those parts so it's not a biggie for me. I also thought the logo would bug the heck out of me, but I don't mind it too much. The case is light, easy to put on, doesn't cover the bezel and works well with the Smart Cover.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I also noticed that Belkin have a cover that works with the Smart Cover, it's called the "Snap Shield for iPad 2". The link to the product is here: http://www.belkin.com/uk/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=544455

I'm not too sure when it will be released though.

Thanks for the heads up on the Belkin case.

It looks like Speck has one too and the link below claims to have them in stock. Pictures don't show a whole lot, but do show full coverage (minus spot for smart cover), but limited color choices.

http://www.gleemobile.com/ipad/ipad-2g/cases/hard-cases/speck-ipad-2-smartshell-case-5-colors.html

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Looks like Marware started shipping Microshells. Unfortunately it's black only for now. Other colors will be shipped in 1-2 weeks.

Yeah, just saw that as well. I've already moved on... It wasn't really high on my list to begin with, and the delay just made it easy to cancel (ordered white).

Nightz

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2011
San Diego, CA
Yeah it sucks since my fiancee wanted a white shell. I haven't seen any other places with white so we might have to keep the pre-order and wait. :\

xzacm102

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2011
TheJoyFactory shell

Just got it today, this is a good quality product, perfect fit, works great with SmartCover. It's a keeper.

Attachments

• IMG_1538.JPG
    IMG_1538.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1539.JPG
    IMG_1539.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1542.JPG
    IMG_1542.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1545.JPG
    IMG_1545.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1543.JPG
    IMG_1543.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 154

zoman504

macrumors regular
May 10, 2010
Just got it today, this is a good quality product, perfect fit, works great with SmartCover. It's a keeper.

Looks EXACTLY like the $13.99 ebay one I picked up, but mine doesn't have the logos on it! That being said, it def is a great case, and I recommend it to those looking for a shell for their smart covers.

prisoner6

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2011
Looks EXACTLY like the $13.99 ebay one I picked up, but mine doesn't have the logos on it! That being said, it def is a great case, and I recommend it to those looking for a shell for their smart covers.

Zoman504, do you have a link to the one you purchased?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.