Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tonyiowa14

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
Just received my Marware Microshell today. Ordered last Thursday, shipped Friday. Snapped right on without difficulty. Performs as advertised with the smart cover. Lightweight and sleek looking. Very happy with the product.

shootingrubber

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2009
Any advantage(s) to TPU cases or hard cases that are smart cover compatible or vice-versa? I am looking to purchase one off eBay tonight.

Thanks.

bouda

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2007
Not all hard shell cases leave the top exposed. The Belkin Snap Shield, XGear Enhancer, and possibly the Enki Genius Case all have top coverage (The XGear leaves a bit of the bottom exposed though).

TPU cases do offer more shock/drop protection, usually add more grip, but are heavier. Hard Shell cases are usually only good scratch protection, and light drop protection. Hard Shell's main advantage is being light, and some (like the Belkin) still add a bit of grip.

Belkin seems to be shipping 2 variants of this case. Same sku and everything. People can check out the pictures on the belkin thread. One looks great - full coverage, the other not so much.

ToutSuite

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere in the thread, but I'm looking for a white shell, compatible with the Smart Cover, and preferably with an Apple logo printed on it (either black or reflective). Anyone seen anything like that? I think I saw something like this in a commercial recently.

Thanks!

u5214921

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2011
Ok guys, I need help..
I tried ordering from Joy Factory.
Amazon is telling me that my shipping place cannot be shipped.
I was so pissed. Any recommended sites? OR any other cases that can fit with my CarbonFiber Skin? I just need to use it with my Smart Cover!

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
Ok guys, I need help..
I tried ordering from Joy Factory.
Amazon is telling me that my shipping place cannot be shipped.
I was so pissed. Any recommended sites? OR any other cases that can fit with my CarbonFiber Skin? I just need to use it with my Smart Cover!

I have the Belkin Snap Shield and highly recommend it.

rondz

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
Harbor Bay Isle
AViiQ iPad 2 Smart Case Arrived!

Since I pre-ordered my AViiQ Smart Case a long time ago and just arrived today I am excited to share it with everyone on the forum who was considering one and wanted a better idea of how it looks.

Stuff001.jpg

Stuff002.jpg

Stuff003.jpg

Stuff004.jpg

Stuff005.jpg

Prior to this case I was using the TPU Smart Case but this one just owns it! Perfect fit and I have a invisible shield on the back of my iPad as well.

brooka

macrumors member
May 14, 2011
AVIIQ back case....

Could you please post a picture of the gap between the smart cover and the case edge? Interested to see how much protection there is. Some of the back cases leave a massive gap.

Also how much heavier has this made your ipad?

adrian-r

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2010
To me, the Xgear Smart Cover Enhancer is perfect. It's thin. It fits well and it doesn't cheapen the iPad's look. The material feels just like the smart cover. I actually feel comfortable taking my iPad with me during the work week.

pchan87

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2011
Since I pre-ordered my AViiQ Smart Case a long time ago and just arrived today I am excited to share it with everyone on the forum who was considering one and wanted a better idea of how it looks.

Prior to this case I was using the TPU Smart Case but this one just owns it! Perfect fit and I have a invisible shield on the back of my iPad as well.

very nice case, looks like the exact thing I'm wanting

Ljohnson72

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
Denver, Co
The SwitchEasy CoverBuddy works great. I got it in clear and use it with the red leather Smart Cover. Looks great with my white iPad 2. Barely adds any bulk but offers good protection. I highly recommend it. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.