Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AKODA12345

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2010
i just ordered this same shell Monday ....I think it will be here today or tomorrow ....could you tell me whether or not you think it will fit over my icarbon skin ?...is there any wiggle room ?....do you think the sticker beneath it will prevent it from attaching correctly ?

thanks
Aaron

Nightz

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2011
San Diego, CA
i just ordered this same shell Monday ....I think it will be here today or tomorrow ....could you tell me whether or not you think it will fit over my icarbon skin ?...is there any wiggle room ?....do you think the sticker beneath it will prevent it from attaching correctly ?

thanks
Aaron

The Joy Factory one? Yes, it will fit. I put mine over my white carbon fiber skin and it fits perfectly.

zoman504

macrumors regular
May 10, 2010
I purchased this one, too! Don't have it yet, but I am happy to hear the positive review.

Yep! It's identical to the Joy Factory, which made me happy b/c I was looking to order the Joy Factory case next month. You won't be disappointed!

zoman504

macrumors regular
May 10, 2010
I got a similar tpu case from hey262mobile on ebay, and it tried to separate my ghost armor screen protector off of the edge furthest from the smart cover.

I can't speak for similar cases, just the one I purchased. Also, I dont have any other coatings on mine, so you could be right.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
Ordered the black much earlier tonight, got no verification or email yet, hate that, I like eBay sellers that respond when you pay. Hope shipping is as stated on the auction. I got this case so I might make more use of my leather smart cover. Basically for show off mode. But I might use it myself.
Probably I will order the yoobao2 for day to day use.
And I have a Killspencer iPad bag on the way! Yay.

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
Ordered the black much earlier tonight, got no verification or email yet, hate that, I like eBay sellers that respond when you pay. Hope shipping is as stated on the auction. I got this case so I might make more use of my leather smart cover. Basically for show off mode. But I might use it myself.
Probably I will order the yoobao2 for day to day use.
And I have a Killspencer iPad bag on the way! Yay.

Shipping from that seller of the black TPU cases is a bit slow but not too bad. I ordered on the 14th and should be getting mine today. From the USPS tracking, it looks like he shipped it out on the 18th -- 2 business days after I ordered.

I didn't get any response from the seller until he marked it as shipped on ebay.

WhoDatWayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
Michigan
I received my Marware Microshell today. The company also included a free gift as a token of being patient with the delayed delivery. The gift was actually a nice cell phone case that works perfect with my iPhone.

The shell itself is black and has ridges on the back to help in gripping. It fits very well even with a bodyguardz cover on the back. In addition, it integrates nicely with the smart cover.

mac-spy

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2011
I received my Marware Microshell today. The company also included a free gift as a token of being patient with the delayed delivery. The gift was actually a nice cell phone case that works perfect with my iPhone.

The shell itself is black and has ridges on the back to help in gripping. It fits very well even with a bodyguardz cover on the back. In addition, it integrates nicely with the smart cover.

Could you post a pic please? What kind of materials is it?

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
JoyFactory SmartFit 2

5639345570_e5f788309e_b.jpg

5639346078_d07d874b9e_b.jpg

5638770823_785c0a0e63_b.jpg

5638771463_84479d8fa6_b.jpg

5638772827_3efc9221d6_b.jpg

5638773511_bdd47fc987_b.jpg

5639349808_072a5fe75b_b.jpg

5638774763_2d14bf9b78_b.jpg

5639370048_7c3232cd1d_b.jpg

steveygaga

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
No, but I did ask the seller about it. If you notice, the top of the iPad is cut out, probably for 3G, but he stated they are all like that, meaning you can't get one without the cutout which is a deal breaker for me.

It is cut out, but it's not a massive amount:
photoon20110425at1258.jpg

The bottom, however, is much better than the other ones I've seen:
photoon20110425at1302.jpg

I have a Phantomskinz full body kit on it underneath, and the flexi TPU shells wrinkle the edge of the screen protector, so the hard acrylic shells are better for me!

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
To anyone with a clear hard shell (JoyFactory or otherwise):

I assume that the plastic is glossy. Does the fact that the case is clear, do a good job of hiding fingerprints? I bought a black glossy shell similar to the JoyFactory; it is a fingerprint magnet, and the fingerprints are very easy to see. I'd much rather get a clear case if it "hides" fingerprints well.

Thanks.

cozper

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2011
To anyone with a clear hard shell (JoyFactory or otherwise):

I assume that the plastic is glossy. Does the fact that the case is clear, do a good job of hiding fingerprints? I bought a black glossy shell similar to the JoyFactory; it is a fingerprint magnet, and the fingerprints are very easy to see. I'd much rather get a clear case if it "hides" fingerprints well.

Thanks.

I just got my JoyFactory case yesterday...must say it's truly great. You barely know it's there. Doesn't change the iPad's form at all, which is a huge plus.

As for the fingerprints...my case is clear like the one pictured above and there are no fingerprints as far as I can tell. I'm sure clear is much better than black at hiding them.

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
I just got my JoyFactory case yesterday...must say it's truly great. You barely know it's there. Doesn't change the iPad's form at all, which is a huge plus.

As for the fingerprints...my case is clear like the one pictured above and there are no fingerprints as far as I can tell. I'm sure clear is much better than black at hiding them.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll go ahead and order a clear case from ebay.

I totally agree with you about how great these hard shells are in terms of maintaining the iPad 2's thinness. I also have a smart cover-compatible TPU case and have a hard time deciding which I like more. The hard shell is very thin but has a glossy, smooth feel. The TPU case has a fantastic, grippy texture (much like the smart cover, only even better); however, it does slightly take away from the iPad's thinness. Granted, the iPad 2 still feels very thin even with the TPU case on, so it may just be a matter of perception since the hard shell feels more like the uncovered aluminum back than does the TPU case.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'll go ahead and order a clear case from ebay.

I totally agree with you about how great these hard shells are in terms of maintaining the iPad 2's thinness. I also have a smart cover-compatible TPU case and have a hard time deciding which I like more. The hard shell is very thin but has a glossy, smooth feel. The TPU case has a fantastic, grippy texture (much like the smart cover, only even better); however, it does slightly take away from the iPad's thinness. Granted, the iPad 2 still feels very thin even with the TPU case on, so it may just be a matter of perception since the hard shell feels more like the uncovered aluminum back than does the TPU case.

This is very hard for me to decide. I'm looking at either a hard shell or TPU case, either with smart cover compatibility. Do you know which is lighter, and easier to put on and take off in your experiences? I'm looking at the Belkin and Enki hard shells, and the Xcase Flexible Shield (TPU). http://www.xgearlive.com/products/n...or-apple-ipad-2-pre-order-shipping-april-29th

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
This is very hard for me to decide. I'm looking at either a hard shell or TPU case, either with smart cover compatibility. Do you know which is lighter, and easier to put on and take off in your experiences? I'm looking at the Belkin and Enki hard shells, and the Xcase Flexible Shield (TPU). http://www.xgearlive.com/products/n...or-apple-ipad-2-pre-order-shipping-april-29th

I have no experience with those cases/shells in particular, but the ones I bought seem to be quite similar.

The hard shells are lighter, a bit thinner, and are easier to put on and take off. They are also glossy and smooth. The TPU case is "grippier" and protects a little bit more of the back. Because of the material, the TPU case might provide a bit more drop protection (but not much because it is also pretty thin).

They both work really well. I'm having a difficult time deciding between the two types of cases myself.

FYI, I bought my cases from the following seller on eBay.
http://stores.ebay.com/Future-One-Stop

You really couldn't ask for a better ebay seller. Of the 3 cases I ordered, all were shipped the next day. And I live close enough to the seller that I received them all the day after they were shipped. I had a couple questions, and he responded the same day. And the cases are good quality at a reasonable price.

ninerfan

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2011
I too ordered my TPU case from Future-One-Stop. Excellent service!! Immediate verification of purchase, shipping the next day with email notification. The quality of the case is better than that of the Smart Cover, which is sad but true.

supermanfan

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2008
I too ordered my TPU case from Future-One-Stop. Excellent service!! Immediate verification of purchase, shipping the next day with email notification. The quality of the case is better than that of the Smart Cover, which is sad but true.

Good to hear. I just ordered one (Gray). Can't wait to get it. Off to Best Buy for a gray smart cover.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Belkin-at Best Buy

Ok guys, I just got the Belkin Snap Shield from Best Buy, Sku 2538172, for $39.99. http://www.belkin.com/uk/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=544455

It has a soft-touch hard case feel, very thin, hardly any bulk added. And even better, adds full protection! For those that don't want to wait, I definitely suggest you call your local Best Buy, and give them the sku 2538172, to see if they have it in stock.

shootingrubber

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2009

Is it possible for you to post pictures with and without the Smart Cover? Which case did you end up buying?

I am looking at the cases Future One Stop has on eBay... Basically, what is the difference between the TPU cases and the "hard cases"? I am looking at this one: Clear Hard Case for iPad 2 in comparison to this one: Green TPU Case for iPad 2.

I like the idea of the case matching the colour of my Smart Cover, but I also like the clear one. What are the main differences between these two cases?

Thanks for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.