Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shanpdx

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!
Parts everywhere!!!

definitely looks like step away from Steve.

Mountain Lion developer preview with out a keynote and now iPad parts all over.

Apple has some other product else announce (Apple TV) other than iPad, I wonder

:D

Noctilux.95

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2010
LA
That music will play every time you touch the home button the iPad 3 leading to massive murder and suicides. :D

xxgilxx

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

That's by far the stupidest music I've heard in my entire life. I was afraid that at any moment it was going to cut into a scene from Taboo...

Icemilk

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2012
Denver
It'd be nice if iPad 2 cases fit. That'd make a lot of third-party case manufactures happy.

Last edited:

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Good thing iPad 2 cases should fit. That'll make a lot of third-party case manufactures happy.

Why do you think ipad2 cases will fit? The device is thicker supposedly. The video shows it fitting into ipad3 cases.

andy721

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2007
FL
I've messed with the iPad3. Just another iPad but somehow just like all major sites say, it'll be a hit. It's useful but hearing it is getting kind of annoying.

eoin3-

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2010
In the video those were iPad 3 cases...

"MIC Gadget, however, was also able to confirm that existing iPad 2 magnetic Smart Covers will work with the new design."

sometimes it helps to read the article as well...

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
How do we know the iPad 3 is thinker?

Yea we know the rear casing is .8mm thicker. But doesn't the bezel in the ipad2 stick out further than the aluminum case, and it looks like the bezel doesn't stick out as far in the ipad3

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
This seems like the first time we've seen a side view of the thickness up against an iPad 2 (unless I missed something earlier). The difference is so small that it really won't make much of a difference. If you didn't tell people, I don't see how they'd ever notice.

Icemilk

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2012
Denver
I'd rather have mine assembled by Brazilian slaves.

first edit: (For those that don't know, this is a reference to Brazilian Foxconn factories now producing iPads, which is often forgotten when anyone mentions the conditions in Shenzhen.)

second edit: (Wow, the down votes are impressive. Don't understand why. I was just playing off what appleguy123 above me said, then added the first qualifier because I figured the statement would be heavily misinterpreted. I don't want my iPad built by slaves at all and I don't necessarily think they are anyway.)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.