Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StealthGhost

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2010
"Better battery life"

How do they know? If it has a quad core instead of a dual core, that would probably take more power. I would imagine a Retina Display takes more power on its own. 2x the pixels means a lot more work for the GPU as well.

Assuming all the above is true like a normal computer, then you would need a bigger battery just to obtain the same battery life as the previous. Bigger battery =/= more battery life in this case if you look at hardware only then.

That being said I wouldn't put it past Apple to increase the battery life still. Maybe the CPU/GPU/Screen don't take much more because they've improved hardware efficiency, they increased the size of the battery by more than enough to compensate, and/or have worked a lot on software, but yeah.

oldschool006

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2009
For those who liked the music I would recommend you check out Ronald Jenkees. I believe his biggest seller was released in 2009 and titled Disorganized Fun. The single was Stay Crunchy. Good stuff.

OafTobark

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
If you didn't tell people, I don't see how they'd ever notice.

and they (apple) won't.

in regards of the battery life, i think it's really going to miss a lot of expectations.. thats if it does indeed receive a quad-core and/or 4G/LTE.

BUT, i'm still going to get one. :p

Last edited:

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
They say these cases are already available for purchase. Anyone had any luck finding one? I will not take my new iPad anywhere without a back cover on it, and I would love to buy one ASAP.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
MIC Gadget added an X-Ray photo supposedly of the iPad 3. But I'm pretty sure it's just an iPad 2.

The logic board lines up with the iPad 2 one, and not with the supposed iPad 3 one.

arn

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 342

kobyh15

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I think the form factor is going to be perfect. I hope it's a smidge lighter than the iPad 2 though. If they managed to stuff all the supposed features into that shell and cut the weight just a tad under the iPad 2 then it's going to be a home run (it'll probably be a home run anyway).

isoMorpheus

Jul 29, 2007
MIC Gadget added an X-Ray photo supposedly of the iPad 3. But I'm pretty sure it's just an iPad 2.

The logic board lines up with the iPad 2 one, and not with the supposed iPad 3 one.

arn

Do you think this Retina iPad would carry an A6, or an A5x?

isoMorpheus

Jul 29, 2007
If I had to guess, I'd go with A5X, since that's what we've seen.

arn

I guess it's not very plausible for Apple to make a bunch of dummy A5X chips with which to play prior to officially adopting A6s. But then it's not like we have any clue how an A5X would be different from an A6 anyway.

Suspended
Jul 18, 2009
Back - white apple logo?

Wish the white version had a white apple logo like Macbook Pro and white plastic strip for 3G model. Not sure why these are black on the white faced iPad.

tjmPollex

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2012
Hmm - seriously considering skipping this generation.

totally agree with you. I don't see the point of upgrading to the ipad 3 if you have an ipad 2. I would understand people upgrading from their ipad 1 but not from the ipad 2. spending 500 or 600 just because of a better display, better camera and a better processor, its not like you do a lot of demanding stuff on an ipad. I find it funny how people these days just waste money. People should stop squandering their money and do something productive with it.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (PlayStation Vita 1.61) AppleWebKit/531.22.8 (KHTML, like Gecko) Silk/3.2)

So many leaks! :D

Makes MacrRumors worth visiting tho. Looking forward to finding out the guts of this thing still.

thekris1234

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2011
This just makes me angry. Can't Apple just release a ****ing product without people constantly trying to ruin the announcement?

I hope Apple pull something out of the bag on 7th just to ****ing shoot this video down.

Exotic-Car Man

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2010
USA
The song

According to a YouTube comment on the video, the song is called "Woo Weekend (Instrumental)" by "BoA". I can't seem to find a website that streams the instrumental version of the song and doesn't offer a torrent file, but I believe the lyrical version can be found here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXAXM2DU9OM

The lyrics are about half English and half another language I don't know (albeit I'm not good at identifying foreign languages). Hope this helps! :)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
HA HA!..Front case, rear case, dock connecter...NO Electronics!!:D:D

I still have my Griffin leather case....Looks like it might save me some money after all....I gave away my rear cover though which is the really important one...

caughtinfire

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2011
Bellevue, WA
According to a YouTube comment on the video, the song is called "Woo Weekend (Instrumental)" by "BoA". I can't seem to find a website that streams the instrumental version of the song and doesn't offer a torrent file, but I believe the lyrical version can be found here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXAXM2DU9OM

The lyrics are about half English and half another language I don't know (albeit I'm not good at identifying foreign languages). Hope this helps! :)

BoA is a Korean pop artist who has also had several releases in Japanese. This would be one of those. If anyone's interested, her Korean label SM has playlist of her stuff here: http://www.youtube.com/user/sment#p/c/3298DC4E2C012C5D/0/hhBwPj7NpBk

Related to the actual video though, based on the fact that it looks like wifi/3g I'm assuming that slot is for a SIM card. I'm really hoping there's an SD card slot but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.