Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ablashek

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2005
Paraguay
"WE HAVE SOMETHING YOU REALLY NEED TO SEE AND TOUCH!"

man i would so love to have something that i can actually feel. imagine getting a paper cut by flipping iBook Pages!!:D

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
A quad core processor, retina display and haptic feedback seem like a little too much for a product upgrade :p

I disagree. It's a matter of degrees really. The processor could be a quad core but not that fast of one. Or a faster dual core. And haptic feedback could be restricted to the Apple native apps at the moment (with perhaps an sdk coming with iOS 6 for everyone to use it).

A quad core processor at some lighting fast speed, a retina display, full customizable haptic, pressure sensitivity, a 60fps video and 12mp camera, one multi carrier capable LTE/3g antenna and an up to 40 hour battery that recharges from solar power, etc. THAT would be way to crazy to believe at once. Although the rumors are about that out there

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
I think it's funny how everybody only refers to the "And touch" phrase, and nobody mentions the touching finger in the photo of the invitation.

Big kudos to you for breaking this story. I definitely think it will be included today.

UNMENINU

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
This is all getting too much. There is so much Hype and at the end we get disappointed. So please: be realistic, people. iPad 4 maybe, iPad 3: no.

Just look at the recently announced Android lackluster Tablets: Apple simply doesn't have to come up with a Top Spec iPad.

Somebody stated it already here in this thread: Something you have to see: Apple TV And touch: iPad 3

Apple doesn't have to come out with top spec but when Steve Jobs returned it was all about the products. Which completely changed their strategy. Their mission is to provide amazing products. And this would be amazing. If nothing else the timing of this rumor tied in with the invite is very interesting. I wouldn't count it out. I love how last week it was speculation of no home button due to the photo and "touch" line. It's clear that many believe that the "and touch" line indicates something unknown.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
This sounds pretty cool. I'm sure a lot of people would like it.

Something I'd really like to see go with this, though I know will probably not happen, is more support for styluses. While I don't need one, I work at a school and the art teacher might find it useful. Fingers are pretty big and imprecise while styluses are much more precise. Add in support for sensing various degrees of pressure and which angle you're holding the stylus at would make a world of difference for drawing/painting.

Also, styluses will be a whole lot easier for writing for some people.

I know there are some styluses that work with iPads, but the point is still fairly thick, like a pencil eraser. I'd like something thin like a pencil point.

mac.rumors

macrumors regular
May 9, 2008
London, UK
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B5141a Safari/7534.48.3)

I knew there was something about the "touch" part of the invite. This will be awesome!

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
With this, we can break one more barrier, here in DANGER SOFT we think about Digital Braille, stimulation for infants with down syndrome, etc.....

That's why DANGER SOFT calls Touch Generation. We will see nice new apps if this rumor is true

I've not seen this mentioned yet. Digital Braille!? That would be a massive MASSIVE win for Apple.

Imagine how this well help people. :eek:

grodyzo

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2011
iOS library?

Saw this on Senseg's site. iOS library???? :)

platform-300x167.png

Robin4

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2010
RTD-NC
I read an article somewhere a couple of days ago (I wish I could remember where) about someone playing a ukulele using an iPad and an iPhone. It looked and seemed ridiculous. I couldn't understand why they would do that. it is starting to make sense now. Wow

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
There's a massive difference between a little vibrate when you tap on a button to what this is proposed to be. lol
I hope that's not what this is or it can be turned off. I hated the vibrate when I used the keypad on my HTC phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.