Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bleak

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
Anyone know of a good sleeve for the ipad mini (preferably with no zipper)? I'd rather just hold it like as it is and just put it in a sleeve when moving it around.

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
I ended up sending the Apple Smart Cover back. This design is just terrible. I hate the way it sags in the middle and the magnets are weak.

I ordered a Bear Motion iPad Mini 100% Genuine Leather Portfolio case on Nov 18 from Amazon. I got it today and totally love this case. It adds bulk but not much, I fits great and overall is a damn nice case for $15. In the past on my iPads I have paid $50 to $60 for lessor quality portfolio cases. This one is a keeper! The magnets are strong and it stays closed, sleep wake function works perfectly.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I am really loving my Speck Fit Folio I picked up at Target tonight.

Hopefully not for $35... The Devicewear Ridge is similar, and IMO better because it has sleep wake and completely covers the back.

I got it off their site for $20 using a coupon from Facebook.
http://www.devicewear.com/ipad-mini/

They also have it on Amazon for $27.
http://www.amazon.com/Slim-iPad-Mini-case-Devicewear/dp/B00A10D00Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353509231&sr=8-1&keywords=devicewear+ipad+mini

dbdynsty25

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2008
Thousand Oaks, CA
If anyone is interested in "skins" for their Minis, I can't recommend the Best Skin Ever highly enough. It's significantly cheaper than the competing Zagg products and you can mix and match how much protection you have. You can do front and back, front only, back only, whatever. Installation takes a bit of time (around a half hour if you're careful), but the end result is fantastic.

One tip for all of the "wet" application skins...use a hair dryer (but on the low setting)...it allows the product to dry and become tacky faster, thus making the edges stick faster. It really is an art...these damn skins, but the protection they provide (really only scratch protection) adding literally no bulk makes it worth the time/monetary investment to me. Pair it with a smart cover and you've got the minimalist approach to protection.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/ipad-mini-skin

Now if only they'd get me my Nexus 4 rear skin!

xtalicious

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2010
If anyone is interested in "skins" for their Minis, I can't recommend the Best Skin Ever highly enough. It's significantly cheaper than the competing Zagg products and you can mix and match how much protection you have. You can do front and back, front only, back only, whatever. Installation takes a bit of time (around a half hour if you're careful), but the end result is fantastic.

One tip for all of the "wet" application skins...use a hair dryer (but on the low setting)...it allows the product to dry and become tacky faster, thus making the edges stick faster. It really is an art...these damn skins, but the protection they provide (really only scratch protection) adding literally no bulk makes it worth the time/monetary investment to me. Pair it with a smart cover and you've got the minimalist approach to protection.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/ipad-mini-skin

Now if only they'd get me my Nexus 4 rear skin!

Great tip. I've used Best Skins Ever in the past for iPods and the like, and I really like them. I'm a bit concerned about using them for a larger device, but it might be worth it. The back-only option is one that most companies don't offer.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Great tip. I've used Best Skins Ever in the past for iPods and the like, and I really like them. I'm a bit concerned about using them for a larger device, but it might be worth it. The back-only option is one that most companies don't offer.

iCarbons has offered back only options for many, if not all, the devices they support, including the Mini.

dbdynsty25

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2008
Thousand Oaks, CA
iCarbons has offered back only options for many, if not all, the devices they support, including the Mini.

Yeah iCarbons are good as well, but they are a little too thick for my liking. I have one on the bottom of my MacBook Air, and I know they are quality products, but I've just always used the clear skins for my iPads because they still allow for the design (and apple logo of course, lol) to show. On the bottom of my Air...who cares! :)

mrbunglez

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
I-unik cases for $5 bucks from Amazon got 2 of them, they both have the sleep/wake magnets, a free stylus(that I'll prolly never use), rotate the screen 360 and you can even detach the front screen cover. Now that's what I call a deal! 2 cases for $10 bucks and free 2 shipping can't get better than that!
yvyraheq.jpg

HoosierInFL

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2007
I've always used thin and light cases for my iPads, such as the Incipio feather, and always loved them. That is, until I removed it last night because I was selling it, and discovered that dirt has gotten in the case and scratched the aluminum back of the ipad. Not happy.

So, for the mini, I'm forgoing a case all together. I put a Wrapsol wet-application shield on the back to protect the aluminum. It's completely bubble-free. Perfect application. I also put a screen shield on the front glass that also ended up bubble-free with a little work (non-wet application). Brand is Splash Masque and can be found on Amazon. So I ended up with front and back protective shields without a single bubble. Good enough for me.

Marcellus

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011
Branford, CT
I think I'm going to order this one from kensington, can't decide on black or brown leather though

http://www.kensington.com/kensingto...cover-stand-for-ipad-mini---brown-marble.aspx

I like this one too, but I am concerned about the portrait mode stand. If you get it, would you please report back about how stable and sturdy it is when standing in portrait mode? Thanks.
BTW, my iPad mini is black, so I would get it in black. If you have a white mini, then either color would do.

crimsondr

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
Gauntlet Kindle Fire Sleeve

Anyone try to use the Thule Gauntlet Kindle Fire Sleeve with the iPad Mini?

The kindle fire is smaller than the mini so I'm not sure how much slack the sleeve has to support it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.