Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
Just ordered this sleeve. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A0GS3PI/ref=aw_cr_d_pc?qid=1359177704&sr=8-10

Looks nice.one reviewer says it fits with hard shell back cover.

This $16 pouch is roomy but snug with magnetic clasp. Keeps the mini trim. It's fake leather but a soft nap interior. Looks fine too. Real snitching around the edges.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361632505.653797.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361632522.194942.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361632531.980030.jpg

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I tried the Joli case for the mini, and believe it or not I was disappointed.

Construction was good, fit was firm.

But it does not smell like leather at all. I mean ZERO. Either its not leather or its been sitting around for a long while. I watched reviews online and the all talk about the great smell of leather.

Company said it was just made and their leather does not sit around too long (what ever that means). They also said "First time someone said that to us", and "we dont advertise the smell" but I buy a lot of leather goods and new leather should smell like new leather.

They effectively told me too bad, and I am not going through the headache of shipping back to the netherlands.

Pretty disappointed with Joli Originals.

Ask questions before you buy.

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
Even zoogue comes from china but he did a great job on his product. I want one. Love the angle versatility. But why don't people angle when in portrate?

stellalipschitz

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2013
Rocketfish - Skinny case

got an ipad mini for valentine's day and immediately went out to find a case. looked at the local usual places, target, best buy, etc. and didn't seem to find anything great. so surprised that most companies are taking their time before putting out great case selections for the new mini. needless to say, i bought a case without looking at this AWESOME thread beforehand.

for now...i ended up choosing the Rocketfish Skinny case (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketf...ategoryId=pcmcat218000050000&id=1218807641070) after reading a few reviews about the Devicewear Ridge, they are almost exactly alike except for the handy (pun intended) hand strap on the inside cover

pros:
- plastic backing
- wrap around PU cover
- perfect cut-outs for all ports lightning, headphone, and camera
- NO bulky feeling
- multiple landscape viewing angles
- hand strap on inside cover, to comfortably hold mini when the cover is folded back
- soft velvet-y interior to protect the screen
- elastic band to keep the cover attached

cons:
- PU cover (smell is slightly disappearing... hopefully)
- think it only comes in one color
- no sleep/wake option
- no magnetic closure

so far it's working out pretty well for my purposes. we all use our ipads and cases in different ways, i just wanted something that would protect the front screen and back from scratches. loved the option of multiple viewing angles without having to get an extra stand. and i really love the handstrap when reading the screen vertically.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Just got the Incipio SMARTFEATHER which locks the smartcover on, very nicely done and makes the typing position rock solid. Nice price off Amazon prime too:
ipad-323b.jpg

DarkAether

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
Just got the Incipio SMARTFEATHER which locks the smartcover on, very nicely done and makes the typing position rock solid. Nice price off Amazon prime too:

How easy is it to remove the Smart Cover (when you want to)? Can you simply pull back the hinger cover on the Smart Feather and take the cover off, or do you need to partially remove the Smart Feather?

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
How easy is it to remove the Smart Cover (when you want to)? Can you simply pull back the hinger cover on the Smart Feather and take the cover off, or do you need to partially remove the Smart Feather?

you need to take the case off partially. I have both the feather and smartfeather - when I travel I want it locked on, around house, I switch to the non lock feather...

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Beautiful looking case. Does anyone have one and can share any comments? I'm in the market for an iPad mini case and this one has caught my eye. I'm also looking at the similar dodo cases.

I have had many of these wood cases - bought them for my business...all brands - they are fine for office work, but on the road they are bulky, edges don't wear well and if you take them in an out, they lose their snugness...The wood frame warps if packed wrong or in humidity. Great for the office desk and such, not road warrior stuff...

raggedyann6

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2013
ZooGue for ipad mini

Best case I have ever owned for iPad and iPad mini is Zoogue Case Prodigy. Love this case for all the viewing angles and great leather.

I just ordered the ZooGue Case Prodigy for the new Ipad 32Gb Mini I just won on Ebay. I will review it after I have used it for a while I am so happy I found this forum, and thanks for everybody who posts their reviews.:)

Dakotafan

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
That's good to know. Thanks

I have had many of these wood cases - bought them for my business...all brands - they are fine for office work, but on the road they are bulky, edges don't wear well and if you take them in an out, they lose their snugness...The wood frame warps if packed wrong or in humidity. Great for the office desk and such, not road warrior stuff...

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
Some still have to / like to protect their investment. It's not cool to just stick something so beautiful in a woman's purse. Cases to protect the back. Kept it from turning on accidently. Doesn't matter what ever the reason, a case is there

Most of all makes it resell able when the new ones come out. :D

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I use the Apple SmartCover on the front of my iPad Mini and when I'm going to stick it into a bag or purse, I slip the close-fitting RadTech microfibre sleeve over the device-cum-SmartCover, pop her into my bag and away we go. The sleeve protects her back while in my purse and comes off quickly for use when I am out-and-about. No bulk, no fuss, no muss.....

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Spent the last couple days researching cases. I work in a professional corporate environment so I wanted to get something with a notepad. Only one I could find was a booqpad..and eventually found the Moleskine e-Reader folio. Picked one up on ebay.

Also will be trying my hand at making a DIY case out of a moleskine notebook. I will be using the back pocket to slip in the thinner Cahier so that the case can have a notebook and remain thin. The other moleskin e-reader case is really thick, so I wanted to have a thinner option.

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
I at first didn't feel the need to day this but as the days go on I'm sold and hooked.

I bought the Zoogue Case and it's all that it says it is.
  1. Sturdy
  2. beautiful
  3. well made
  4. wipes off great
  5. love the angles
  6. the closure over the cover is out of the way, unlike others
  7. it opens the ipad when you flip the cover open
  8. the inside is beautiful suede-like material that is rich looking and feeling.
  9. the stitching is even
  10. the kickstand is what also is GREAT. Just fantastic.
  11. and I can still see my White Ipad Mini.

I just got the ipad mini with everyone else in November and this is my 3rd case. Now that doesn't say much for what I've bought before that I would need a new case in 3 months. So, Get a Zoogue and skip the crap on amazon. Glad I found it here to whoever posted about it. . Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.