Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raggedyann6

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2013
ZooGue ipadmini case

so far I really like my ZooGue case for my iPad Mini. it does add weight to the iPad but it also feels like a quality case. I like the way you can use different angles for the stand. the iPad is very secure I am not afraid it will slide out of the case.

EltonT

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2010
Can someone recommend me a full case that covers all sides and doesn't look tracky. Of all the leather cases I've seen, they either don't cover the top and bottom or covers all sides but costs 100+

Thanks

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Well, it looks like Caudabe finally got around to releasing a back cover for the iPad mini. I was a huge fan of the Shell for my iPad 3. Just got the "mini Shell" on Amazon for 13 bucks. Great quality. It even has that smart cover lock. I didn't think I'd like that, but I actually love it now.

http://www.amazon.com/Caudabe-Shell...1363224009&sr=8-2&keywords=caudabe+mini+shell

Awesome, I've been holding out for the Caudabe. How is the fit? Seems good in the pictures.

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
Awesome, I've been holding out for the Caudabe. How is the fit? Seems good in the pictures.

Perfect, no complaints. Snaps on easily, secures the Smart Cover and all that. It covers the entire back and leaves holes for all the ports. I've had pretty good experiences with Caudabe stuff in the past. The Mini Shell is no different.

Devildog916

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2013
Massachusetts
Full Case Recommendation...

Can someone recommend me a full case that covers all sides and doesn't look tracky. Of all the leather cases I've seen, they either don't cover the top and bottom or covers all sides but costs 100+

Thanks

I received my full case from Saddleback Leather (http://www.saddlebackleather.com). I think it provides excellent protection, looks smart, and is an investment that I will not regret. The quality of the product is unsurpassed, and the customer service is excellent.

Last edited:

kaylerrific

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2012
Well, it looks like Caudabe finally got around to releasing a back cover for the iPad mini. I was a huge fan of the Shell for my iPad 3. Just got the "mini Shell" on Amazon for 13 bucks. Great quality. It even has that smart cover lock. I didn't think I'd like that, but I actually love it now.

http://www.amazon.com/Caudabe-Shell...1363224009&sr=8-2&keywords=caudabe+mini+shell

I just got this Caudabe Mini Shell last week for $10.95 on Amazon. Arrived in a couple of days with my Prime membership. Very happy so far (well technically it's my hubby that's happy, but we know who rules the house. :)). It feels very nice, just like the Caudabe Shell we got for our iPad 4, but this one actually holds the smart cover in place. I wasn't sure how much I'd like that feature at first, but it turns out I love it. Highly recommended.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA

Just got this case and typing on it right now. Takes a little getting used to because it is so small...but it really is awesome how they were able to design such a smart case. Opens and closes just like a macbook, Very smartly designed. Review going up on gadgetmac soon!

I posted this on another thread but here are some pics.

Last edited:

tytbody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
That looks just like a little computer. very nice. ;) I love my Zoo gu. totally better then a $10 case. you don't know it until you've tried a better one.

No-Me

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
Rotterdam
I'm still very happy with my super sweet leather Joli sleeve. :)

With my old iPad2 I had a Incase Origami with an Apple bluetooth keyboard in it, but with the iPad mini that seems a bit weird. I'm doubting to go for a logitech keyboard case, but I wonder how it is, any of you already used it? How is the keyboard fine or too small?

The Joli folks just told me that they are looking into make a sleeve that will fit both the iPad mini and the logitech kb-case, so if the keyboard is not too small it looks like the perfect travel companion.

Dakotafan

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
New Pad and Quill Aria iPad Mini case. Hand made with real boot leather and I'm enjoying it so far.

photoitqe.jpg

photo1r.JPG

photo3kws.jpg

photo2wyq.jpg

photo4kk.jpg

photo5meh.jpg

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Just got this case and typing on it right now. Takes a little getting used to because it is so small...but it really is awesome how they were able to design such a smart case. Opens and closes just like a macbook, Very smartly designed. Review going up on gadgetmac soon!

I posted this on another thread but here are some pics.

[url=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8257/8601998114_0a09056aea_z.jpg]Image[/url]

That looks really sharp - what's the case maker? How thick is it with it on - I love the apple smart cover because it really doesn't add too much to the iPad mini

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012

I picked up the Caudabe Mini Shell last week. Very happy with the purchase. Nice attention to detail and it adds some grip to the iPad.

funkeruski

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
Got my mini a week or so ago, and have been looking for a nice thin hard case for the back only, without smart cover compatibility as I'm not going to use that. Bought the Incipio Feather for $20, and it is nice and thin. But, the case has a "velvety" feel to it which I can't stand. Makes the mini very slippery.

Also ordered this $4 clear case off ebay, and like it a lot better. Nice and thin, and easy to grip. Also allows the back of the ipad to be seen in all it's glory. Only question I have is why is there a small home up at the top center? Doesn't really seem like this is needed here. Regardless, nice case and my incipio is going back to Amazon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251199911810?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

vmaniqui

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
California
Red flag: Not a single one of the reviews is from a verified purchaser.

-A

not a red flag and not to worry as i got one myself. i ordered the brown one and shipping was fast. nice fit and it's really a nice design. plus it's amazon fulfilled so if you're not satisfied you can return it with free shipping. also there is a 15% discount so it will cost you less than $20.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.