Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacD

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
Making progress.... :)

Attachments

• Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 98

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
Working well for me on my iPhone...

"Preparing iPhone for software update" takes forever. Actually, a lot of the steps took a while... or it just felt like they did.

Remote.app is amazing with iTunes and AppleTV 2.1! :)

Who needs iPhone 3G??? (I know, I know... blasphemy.)

r2yan

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2008
Just found this on apple.com/support.

On June 9, 2008, Apple announced the iPhone 2.0 Software Update for iPod touch which includes all features previously included in the January Software Upgrade, the App Store, and much more (also on June 9, the iPod touch January Software Upgrade was also removed from the store). For information about iPhone 2.0 software, visit http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/appstore.

Did your jan. update get your mail app back?

I would try restoring it again; and maybe restarting both your iPod Touch and computer again. This happened to me once, but after a restart it cleared up. Hopefully the iPhone 2.0 updater doesn't screw up the iPod Touch irrevocably!

notnek

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
RAD.

anyone else think its strange that there is now a Contacts widget? It put mine on the 2nd page even though there was an open space.

Durandal549

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2007
Be Careful.

I think I did just bricked mine. It flaked out in the middle on me. Now my iphone will only show the connect to itunes logo but itunes wont recognise that it is plugged in. I have tried cycling the power and no change. Tried reopening itunes and no change.

Any thoughts?

jfull15

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
I'm assuming you installed iTunes 7.7?

definitely. I had first downloaded it on WINXP, & tried to install it on MACOSX. Now attempting to download on MACOSX & install that copy.

EDIT: YEP, now it works since i've downloaded it on MACOSX. :)

Brutalpootle

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2007
UK
Is Apple throttling downloads on this? It will start the download nice and fast - then it goes to a crawl about 30% through. Anyone else experiencing this?

Its not me, I just downloaded some other stuff just fine.

I got a steady 1.5MB/sec on my 16MB ADSL in the UK FWIW.

iam1e3t

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Be Careful.

I think I did just brick mine. It flaked out in the middle on me. Now my iphone will only show the connect to itunes logo but itunes wont recognise that it is plugged in. I have tried cycling the power and no change. Tried reopening itunes and no change.

Any thoughts?

reboot?

soundsgoodtome

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Los Angeles
I installed on my original iPhone and it worked. Data still there. and I just downloaded Super Monkey Ball.

arn

Does anyone know what the 2.0 update does to web app icons we've added? I've got 3 pages of them (alphabetized, of course), and I want to make sure they're not deleted.

Anyone?

mixstar336

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2007
MN
Mac Iphone Users

i have it working.

for those of you using safari and seeing two dmg's. Go into your trash and pull out the full zip file that was downloaded. remove the '.ZIP'

go into itunes 7.7 and hold option and click restore.
navigate to the .ispw file and click open
wait 15 mins.

2.0!

iam1e3t

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Does anyone know what the 2.0 update does to web app icons we've added? I've got 3 pages of them (alphabetized, of course), and I want to make sure they're not deleted.

Anyone?

mine were there after the update. all in order the way i like em

eradication

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Alright, just updated mine, right when I registered it was restarting.

I'm doing the restore now, to get all my settings back. It's restoring it from backup right now.

Looks fine, though. :) Just took a longgggg time.

silentj

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008

Anyone?

Just left them where they were for me,

btw, update worked fine here

robbietherobot

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2005
Safari UnZip

Safari unzips automatically. However it does put the original ZIP download in your trash. So if you do download it. Check your trash. Take it out and delete the ".zip" at the end and you are good to go.

Have a Jailbroken iPhone. Ain't touchin' it till someone else does! Anyone going to be brave???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.