Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipoppy

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2006
UK
If they haven't dug out iChat av in their findings yet then that is not good sign for me. Unless iChat av was totally taken out from OS 3.0 Beta, but then is it possible to not leave any tracks of it?
Let see that in June;)

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
Thank god for scrubbing coming along. It's a pain to navigate songs at the moment.

Yohohohohoho Indeed they do! Brook has to be the funniest character in One Piece

I love him. It's great to see OP infiltrates MacRumors.

BoSm.jpg

ivladster

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Washington DC
If they haven't dug out iChat av in their findings yet then that is not good sign for me. Unless iChat av was totally taken out from OS 3.0 Beta, but then is it possible to not leave any tracks of it?
Let see that in June;)
Any crazy changes will be shown on WWDC and then last beta will have all of them. After that iPhone will be ready to be released.

Doju

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
And Apple's poor competition continues to be slaughtered. I mean, the iPhone already beats any other phone in practically every single way. Poor companies are just being further kicked into the hole at this point.

There's no way this monopoly phone will ever descend from its eternal throne GO APPLE! Best phone ever, just keeps getting better, and Blackberries and other (now) junk just keep getting OWNED.

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
I think the iPod app needs an overhaul to match the interface of the Remote app. The Remote app shows icons to distinguish between smart playlists and regular playlists, HAS PLAYLIST FOLDERS, and shows how many items are in a playlist/folder. It also gives you the artist > album > song view (with the alpha-bar) if you're making a new playlist, unlike the iPod app where it shows you every song alphabetically and you have to manually scroll to get to your song with no alpha-bar.

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
Still no "wheel" method of scrubbing, as introduced in the iPod? Come on, apple! Get with the program!!

(Just kidding.... i think apple does an excellent job, but i'm just trying to fit in with the forum attitude. Also, i really do want an ipod style wheel for scrubbing)

mikejd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
a bit off topic, but the excitment of this stuff had me go over to the att website to again check my upgrade eligability status and the date of 12/19/2009 is now gone! I wonder if this means I would be eligable for a subsidized purchase of the new iphone this summer??

Me hopes, what about the rest of you 3G owners?

starcke

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2007
I Can't Wait...

My 1st gen iPhone died a few weeks ago. Since then, I've been using a friend's Blackjack II, not wanting to buy a (soon to be) outdated iPhone 3g.

What's the old saying? The waiting is the hardest part? I totally agree...

Insatiable

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2003
I really like the new audio features--especially the podcast skip-back button, which will save me from the regular frustration I encounter when I try to rewind 15-20 seconds and the button "sticks", going all the way back to the beginning. Annoying!

I'm a very regular podcast listener, so I also hope the current method of updating podcasts over the phone is modified. "Get More Episodes" opens a link in Safari, then opens iTunes...where sometimes the podcast still isn't listed, which means I have to enter it in the Search field. I'd love to simply be able to update podcasts solely from inside the iPod player. If not that, I'd love to be able to find out if there are new releases for a given podcast without having to leave the player.

Charlii

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2009
Can anybody tell me how to access the new settings, like battery percentage? I have the latest beta but can't find it anywhere...

diemos

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
why would anybody negatively rate this, all of those are all nice new features and tweaks.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
I'm still waiting for shuffle-by-album capability, something that the regular iPods/nanos have been able to do from the get-go.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Screen dumps

One feature I hope gets included is the ability to do a screen dump to a projector. Right now only photos and videos will output. But as a teacher, it would be great to be able to display documents, websites and applications.

Lepton

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2002
Cold Spring Harbor, NY
It's in there

Let see that in June;)
The thing is, all the underpinnings for iChat AV are in there. Video record ability, a new video streaming mechanism, push notification for chat invites... All you need is an app to take advantage of it, which they could drop in at the last moment or anytime, and hopefully a new phone with a camera set up for it.

1) About the camera, I expect on a future phone or tablet not two cameras front and back, but one camera on a pivot that can face front or back. Why? Because Apple has a PATENT for exactly this. It was news back then, people figured it would be used on the lid of a laptop for the built in iSights, but it would work here just as well.

2) On data detectors - Yup.

I blogged both of these things way back when. My article predicting what I call the Apple NetPad mentions the camera, and one on why Cut and Paste isn't needed oh so very badly emphasized data detectors are a better way to do many othe the things we typically do by cut and paste.

myallo.com/blog

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
I really like the idea of the battery life being given in a %, much more useful than looking at a battery icon. :D

Good for the percentage on the battery icon indicator. Maybe then they can remove the annoying 10% remaining popup that interrupts me while I am trying to work...

Percentage has been included since at least 2.2.1, I use it all the time since the bar is so useless. Just press the battery bar and it comes up.

Michael73

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2007
Looks like this is going to be a nice summer for those with previous gen iPhones and those of us who have held out and will be getting the new hardware this summer. Everyone's a winner! At least everyone with an iPhone that is :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.