Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dtshaw82

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2009
London, UK
Interesting

I think it's a photoshopped photo. The hand and background is pixelated and the phone is not. With that said. I do think it's what I would expect. Slightly thinner the thinner "antenna band" would make it look thinner as well. Interesting.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Hey look! I have pictures of the iphone 5 too! Except not... This is very clearly just an extremely simple photoshop of the iphone 4. Here is my literally 30 second photoshop job of my iPhone 4. I just cut out part of the side. It is a fake. Just a photoshopped iPhone 4

You have done a mitzvah this day, thank you. :D

NinjaHERO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2008
U S of A
There is a picture of each side of the phone. No volume controls or mute switch on either side? Sorry, I don't think Apple would drop those all together. Nice mock up though.

nickdelvecchio

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2010
AZ
This would be a go. I'm just ready for iOS5. as long as this new one doesn't look like a polished turd, I'm game. iOS5 fixes every single concern and issue i had with the iPhone.

on the other hand the last mockup that was on here looked like crap. i was not excited when I saw the other one. is it September yet>?

davie18

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2010
There is a picture of each side of the phone. No volume controls or mute switch on either side? Sorry, I don't think Apple would drop those all together. Nice mock up though.
Both pictures are of the same side, just it has been mirrored...

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
I agree with those who say it's photoshopped. Just too bizarre that the resolution of the hand doesn't even remotely match that of the phone.

Plus, aren't the testing units sent to carriers still in bogus cases with just the internals of the new phone?

iansilv

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2007
Hey look! I have pictures of the iphone 5 too! Except not... This is very clearly just an extremely simple photoshop of the iphone 4. Here is my literally 30 second photoshop job of my iPhone 4. I just cut out part of the side. It is a fake. Just a photoshopped iPhone 4

ROOW110 is a genius! That's it! That's the iPhone 5! Nice scoop!

nickdelvecchio

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2010
AZ

There's the answer! bummer- I liked the look of it more than the other mockup I saw... hey maybe this could be what apple is doing? literally making the iPhone 4 slightly thinner? who knows.... but at least we know this picture is fake.

ok next rumor.... wheres the next "iPhone 5" picture?

blyan

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2011
Tacoma, WA
Great photoshop example by that one guy. I'm still confused by the pixelation though. If the 'shop is that simple to do, then how are the hands all of a sudden completely pixelated? Maybe intentionally pixelated so we couldn't tell the phone itself is a shop? Dunno. Either way, yeah, it's probably not the real thing.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
If that is the forthcoming iPhone 5 then I am quite disappointed. Looks pretty ugly to me with the rounded edges, I prefer the 'squarish' design of the iPhone 4. Am I the only person that thinks this?

As I'm reading these comments, quite a few things stand out to me now.

1. Obvious pixelation. Last-generation iSight cameras are low quality, but they aren't THAT low quality unless the object is in serious motion, I would assume.

2. Awkward holding of the phone; it is much easier to add a drop shadow in that position than to account for curvature of the palm. Also: because this is so close the Mac's screen, that shadow shouldn't be so intense under the phone, above the knuckle of the pinky finger.

3. That finger is horribly stretched and smudged. There's no definition whatsoever of the crease in the skin where the finger would bend.

4. The speaker at the top of the phone is way too wide, top-to-bottom. Looking at the 3GS or the 4, the opening isn't that thick; obvious stretching.

5. What should be parallel lines running along the bottom of the ear speaker and the top of the screen aren't parallel at all, leading me to believe this was an extreme transformation.

I agree, that finger next to the small finger looks unusually long and there is no crease where the finger bends. Well pointed out. Oh, and is that a screen protector on the screen (looking at the earpiece)?

globol

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm thinking the touch screen has been stretched in to the black area. For better gaming and other stuff. I hate playing games with my fingers and thumb in the way of the screen.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009

OP joined today too, which makes me question the validity

bobbyyy

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2011

OMG guys guess what I just got one too :) AHHH good ol adobe

unfortunately it took me a little longer then 30 seconds :(

Attachments

• iPhone5.png
    iPhone5.png
    129 KB · Views: 594
Last edited:

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
OP joined today too, which makes me question the validity

Doesn't really matter. Would you be more inclined to believe an anonymous stranger with a posting history versus an anonymous stranger without one?

OP didn't link to any blog or get any advertising money out of it, so the most he stands to gain is poos and giggles from people debating his picture.

The screen looks a little wider than yours. Try taking it at a more extreme angle and then compare. I don't really think we're proving anything by showing how similar it looks to an iphone 4 or that a 4 can be photoshopped to look like it given we don't know what the 5 looks like to begin with.

blyan

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2011
Tacoma, WA
Good luck with that. If this photo was taken in a public place, there's no expectation of privacy.

Except everyone working with prototype iPhones would be required to sign an NDA, making the photographing of said devices extremely illegal. There would absolutely be a cease and desist order.

black743

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2010
Huntington, WV
Except everyone working with prototype iPhones would be required to sign an NDA, making the photographing of said devices extremely illegal. There would absolutely be a cease and desist order.

Um, if someone is walking down the street with an iPhone 5 in plain sight and it gets photographed....the photographers didn't sign a NDA. Its the responsibility of the one doing the testing to keep it out of sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.