Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koruki

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2009
New Zealand
Me thinks they made that prediction based on the past few years totoally not clued in on the recent news and event information...

sniffies

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
Launch FIRST abroad? Nope. That itself voids the entire "rumor."

When has Apple launched a flagship product abroad BEFORE launching it in the States?

Horrible rumor. Maybe it's still April 1st in Korea?
English is not your first language, is it?

Which part of the sentence "SK Telecom and KT will be amongst the first carriers to offer the new iPhone" suggests that those two carriers will be the only first two carriers offering the new iPhone 5? :rolleyes:

Eso

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2008
So they are supposedly not going to announce the new iPhone at WWDC and hold a entire, secondary event about a week later?

Stupidest rumor I've ever heard.

X2468

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
This phone will live up to Apples claim of Magical and Revolutionary.

On the Revolutionary Front, is an Awesome Orange Glow from it's Radioactivity.

No backlight needed, therefore longer battery life will prevail. Everything we've wanted and more.

Leave it to the amazing engineers to turn something negative into a positive.

Very impressive.

shartypants

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Maybe they will announce it at WWDC but not start shipping until the end of the month.

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
frankly i don't see them coming out with a new model this summer. they haven't even done their usual mid-cycle hd bump.

also everyone keeps saying that they come out with a new phone every summer. pardon, but 3gs was a new phone my s.

they didn't make a new model in time, so instead decided to dump the s "news" on us.

i imagine something similar will happen this summer. perhaps they will even update att's body to match verizon's. but somehow a whole new model just doesn't seem to fit. imho...

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
frankly i don't see them coming out with a new model this summer. they haven't even done their usual mid-cycle hd bump.

also everyone keeps saying that they come out with a new phone every summer. pardon, but 3gs was a new phone my s.

they didn't make a new model in time, so instead decided to dump the s "news" on us.

i imagine something similar will happen this summer. perhaps they will even update att's body to match verizon's. but somehow a whole new model just doesn't seem to fit. imho...

They didn't do the midseason memory bump for the 3Gs either, but they did do the Verizon iPhone so this could happen just to keep their AT&T customers around for more. I myself have been looking at android now more that I have an iPad to give me my apps for iOS... I could live without an iPhone now.

Angelchild

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; it-it) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

We all know that at WWDC there will be' no iPhone.

Why?

It's Apple said that! They say "come to see the FUTURE of the iOS".

So it's pretty obvious that they will not present iPhone at WWDC.

Do you really see Apple sell an iPhone 5 with an iOS 4.x ?

I think the only possibility is they announce iOS 5 and say it will be release "this summer" and then some weeks later hold an event specifically for thr iPhone with immediately availability.

Or: september.

One thing for sure: the release iOS 5 date they are going to announce at WWDC is the date in which we'll finally see the iPhone 5.

ivan2002

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2010
This is ridiculous

Well, well, well... if there is one rumored feature worth the wait for the new iPhone, it's that it'll be available in Korea on day 1! :D

aiqw9182

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; it-it) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

We all know that at WWDC there will be' no iPhone.

Why?

It's Apple said that! They say "come to see the FUTURE of the iOS".

So it's pretty obvious that they will not present iPhone at WWDC.

Do you really see Apple sell an iPhone 5 with an iOS 4.x ?

I think the only possibility is they announce iOS 5 and say it will be release "this summer" and then some weeks later hold an event specifically for thr iPhone with immediately availability.

Or: september.

One thing for sure: the release iOS 5 date they are going to announce at WWDC is the date in which we'll finally see the iPhone 5.
So what? The WWDC 2010 invitation simply stated "the center of the app universe" and made no mention of a new iPhone.

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
This makes sense. Steve Jobs would definitely want to be there, but he probably can't make it to the entire WWDC keynote.

If this is true, this is a smart PR move on Apple's part.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
I wonder if they could ever launch an iPhone without using the word "Magical" or use the term "This changes everything"

Papajohn56

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2005
Hope so. Ready to ditch my Blackberry. Maybe by then BBM will be released for iPhone and Android. RIM did announce that after all.

SteveyAppleSeed

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2010
English is not your first language, is it?

Which part of the sentence "SK Telecom and KT will be amongst the first carriers to offer the new iPhone" suggests that those two carriers will be the only first two carriers offering the new iPhone 5? :rolleyes:

Watch your tone and don't be an *******.

The RESPONSES TO the article suggested that people assumed the Korea would be the first country to get it, which of course makes zero sense.

Also, I don't recall other countries launching a major Apple product simultaneously with the US, but I could be wrong.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Everybody already knows Apple's product release schedule, so to attract more clicks, the bloggers/analysts start making up off-schedule releases rumors. ;) I mean saying new iPhones coming in June is not "hot news" anymore after a while.

To me, if Apple sell the iPhone 5 unlocked in the US, I'll buy. If not, no buy. I'll be looking for the LG G2x instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.