Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwcrell

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2011
Anyone have any Doctor Who wallpapers? I've been trying to find some in the iPhone 5 size with no luck.

D3lta

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2008
Cupertino, California
Some quick ones I threw together of the 2013 Audi RS5.

NjeZZ.jpg
5hw6f.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rachelm7

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
A few more!

Attachments

• Leonid Afremov 1.png
    Leonid Afremov 1.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,502
  • Leonid Afremov 2.png
    Leonid Afremov 2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,218
  • Muhammad Ali - Leonid Afremov.png
    Muhammad Ali - Leonid Afremov.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 906

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Hi there, managed to do a resize, however I need to find the exact font, for the image...

Brilliant job! The only problem - and it's in the original design - is that it must've been created before iOS5 allowed us to open the camera from the lock screen. The "Let go here" arrow points to the camera icon. I can live with that. ;)

Thanks for all of your assistance in this thread. :)

Yes. I was using it back in 2008 on my 1st gen iPhone!

This kind of image is easy enough for a no-skills-in-Photoshop person like me to edit (read: crop and paste) in Preview, so I've moved some elements around to fit iOS6 :)

Looks like this:

IMG_0011.png

- Let Go Here was moved to fit the slider with the quick camera launcher
- Need Charging text moved below the battery icon, as the rotation lock/location services arrow/etc would overlap
- Touch Here was moved down to match the 'submerged' look of the Let Go Here text
- Date & Time moved slightly so the tip of the arrow touches the center line of the 'glass'
- Network Info moved down slightly so all of the text is below the status bar. Even with the text moved down, the hour number never touches the text at any time, as the time centers to the right

Everything's been moved actually :p It's now iPhone 5 ready though!

Download it here :)

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
Some more car stuff. I tried to find a good picture of the TopGear UK hosts but none of them looked right once they were cropped. The 640x1136 display makes wallpapers a little more difficult. You have to find pictures that are already tall to begin with and then you almost always have to crop more off the sides.

Boooo US Top Gear sucks!!!

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I have no requests, just a big thank you to all the photoshoppers doing the work so we can have so many choices of wallpapers. I think pretty much everyone could find at least a couple they really like. I know I downloaded at least a couple dozen. :)

jpg

macrumors regular
May 15, 2009
Hey, where did you find the grass pic? I'm looking for it without the transparent bar....

I tried to refind it, but haven't found it again either. There was a request to downsize a wallpaper and this was the result. Anyway here is the original i downloaded - all credit due to someone else...

Attachments

• DarkGrass.jpg
    DarkGrass.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 586

tiggger

macrumors G4
Feb 19, 2010
don't know what to do with pictures that have a much larger res than the iphone screen, do i just crop it to the right ratio and set it as background?

Either way could someone make this into a wallpaper for me? thanks :)

this work?

Attachments

• Biffy.jpg
    Biffy.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 229

tiggger

macrumors G4
Feb 19, 2010
thats good, thanks, but I was hoping for a fullscreen one (obviously cropped)

This will probably work well on the lockscreen :)

here's a couple of full screen versions... :eek:

Attachments

• Big Biffy.jpg
    Big Biffy.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 183
  • Stretched Biffy.jpg
    Stretched Biffy.jpg
    738.2 KB · Views: 176

vampireszombies

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2011
Texas
Anyone know how I can use some of these on my 4S? I look at them in my camera roll and they look/fit perfect, but when I click set as wallpaper it shrinks down and black bars go on the sides :( then in order for it to fit screen I have to zoom in wildly.

Guess ill have to go buy an iPhone 5 to enjoy these sexy wallpapers. :rolleyes:

Edit: never mind solved it myself. When it's looking perfect in view mode in camera roll take a snapshot (home+lock) then set the new one as wallpaper. Perfect! :D

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone know how I can use some of these on my 4S? I look at them in my camera roll and they look/fit perfect, but when I click set as wallpaper it shrinks down and black bars go on the sides :( then in order for it to fit screen I have to zoom in wildly.

Guess ill have to go buy an iPhone 5 to enjoy these sexy wallpapers. :rolleyes:

Edit: never mind solved it myself. When it's looking perfect in view mode in camera roll take a snapshot (home+lock) then set the new one as wallpaper. Perfect! :D

Or you could go here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1123619/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.