Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobTuck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
UK
We have a Home Signal Box/Femtocell in our house provided by Three/3 UK, which we've been using due to poor coverage since we moved house. It has worked perfectly with two iPhone 6's, a 5S and a 5C. My partners iPhone 7 is constantly suffering signal dropouts, however. My 6 is working fine, so it doesn't seem to be an iOS 10 issue.

I asked Three on Twitter, and they weren't aware of any known issues, but another twitter user jumped on my conversation having the same problem, so I'm wondering if it is more widespread. Anyone else experiencing issues, and if so, have you managed to resolve it?

RobTuck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
UK
Thanks, but its the same SIM that worked before. The only difference is the iPhone. It does connect to the Home Signal Box, but it just drops off randomly.

jkozlow3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
I have Verizon here in the US and our (2) iPhone 7 phones won't reliably connect to the LTE Network Extender. I assume that's what you mean by "home signal box"?

I also never had any issue with our iPhone 6S phones connecting to the extender. Always 5 bars. However, the iPhone 7 phones seem to prefer the Verizon cell/macro tower instead and rarely connect to the extender now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.