Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pawn3d

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2008
Well... this story reversed my mind about Apple being the bad guy about banning and/or not allowing certain apps in. I stand corrected, Apple was right to keep stupid apps out, because stupid apps show how stupid humans are.

Like the others too expressing the sentiment here "I weep for humanity," indeed, me too. Despite the backlash, maybe should pull a 'Netshare' on these apps, i.e. yank them. A little bad publicity but save the app store from looking like total junk of banal stupidity.

You understand that Apple is getting exactly what it wanted, right? SALES
Among the easiest people to sell are well, STUPID PEOPLE.

They are targeting their products to people who are not tech savvy. This is the result. Give people a phone that plays YouTube? This is the result. iFart made their sharolders some money. Mission accomplished.

internetmachine

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2008
So what's the difference between this and the "I am rich" application. Nothing at all. The dev should try to put it on the store again and sue Apple if they refuse to let it through.

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
So what's the difference between this and the "I am rich" application. Nothing at all. The dev should try to put it on the store again and sue Apple if they refuse to let it through.

It's not the app (someone did a free version), it's the cost.

People were accidentally buying it (supposedly) and complaining to Apple, causing a customer satisfaction concern that Apple didn't want.

The developer could certainly upload the app and sell it for $.99, I'm sure.

With these fart apps, people know what they're getting and $.99 is a small price to pay. That's why we priced 100sounds at $.99, and actually give you 200 sounds, including several farts and other body sounds. Such a deal!

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
The world is practically falling apart around us, criminals run government, industry and finance, our food, air and water are poisoned, thousands of nuclear weapons are pointed at us on hair trigger, the best minds on Earth are busy devising better ways to control, exploit and kill us, and iFart Mobile tops the list of iPhone app.s.
How tragic, yet how unsurprising. Our health, wealth and freedom are doomed.

~NeonFire372~

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2007
Newfoundland
Civilization as we know it is crumbling! Down with democracy! The world is coming to an end!

It's an iPhone app. It makes farting noises. It sold a lot of copies. Big deal. If people want to buy it, let them buy it. If the developers want to make games to cater to that particular humor/"pointless app" market, let them do it. You don't have to buy it if you don't want to and how does it effect you anyway other than the possibility of seeing similar apps on the stores from developers looking for a quick buck?

There will always be less than useful or great or intelligent items on the market - just look at any game Electronic Arts has ever released or those cheap reality show knockoffs. If the market is there, why not take advantage of it? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others do.

A bit of humor every once and a while wouldn't hurt some people in this world. :rolleyes:

buccsmf1

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
why are more people not disgusted by this? When i noticed it was the #1 paid app a few days ago i nearly threw up. The first thing i thought.... how are so many idiots getting their hands on iphones?

And what message does this send to developers? Why should they bother spending all the time and effort towards developing a quality app when they can just put out a pile of **** novelty app and watch the sales jump through the roof....

this is what the iphone user base wants MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE..... Farting apps...... PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR A FARTING APP..... what a ***** joke

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.