Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KooKazoo

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2008
Why don't you try to install SMSD?
You can send message or chat by using this SMSD instead of SMS which is built-in application of iPhone.
Hope this help.:)

1.st yes, it says message sent, but if theres the "error sending..." it's not going to be delivered, the only difference is that SMSD doesn't tell you that.

Now for all of you who have the SMS problem. I had it too. and i was going crazy

STOP bothering with all these solutions, chaniging cards and on and on..

just SW unlock your phone using a guide. 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 IT DOESNT MATTER. it both works.

I've had this problem for weeks, and then i unlocked it, and now it works perfectly!

the problem for the errors is the XSim, so get rid of it ASAP.

cheers

G86

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2008
It Works!

Hey guys sorry for not getting back here earlier.

I have just done the 1.1.2 software unlock as per the instructions at: http://www.hackthatphone.com/112/iphone_unlock_112_46bl.html

And it's all working great for me now. I have been able to throw away my hardware unlock, and insert the SMS card just by itself and now it runs fine and sends SMS's fine.

NOTE:
However, before I could send SMS's again I did have to do the *5005*7672*+61418706700# command (that service number is Telstra in Australia) and that started working fine. I think the reason I had to do this might have been because I had previously been trying out numerous different service centre number which must have been wrong, before I installed the software patch. So in other words, so long as you actually are using the correct service centre number then the 1.1.2 software unlock works great.

I would be interested to hear how others go with this.

Cheers,
-Chris

Thanks!

I've tried this method. It was really easy to do, and it works for me. I've had perfect txting for a week now and I love it. I'm so glad to have it back. Thanks so much for posting this!

Greg

drfeelgood

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2008
See if this will fix "Error Sending SMS"

To all of you who are still having problems sending out sms-es, you can try the following fix and see if it works.

Before you start you need to know the SMS service centre number of your operator. Find that out.

Step 1 - Checking what number is set as your SMS service centre number

Launch your iPhone keypad and type -

*#5005*7672#
Press Call

You will get a response that tells you the number that has been set as your SMS service centre number. In all probability, that number is missing a digit or is wrong.

Step 2 - Erasing the incorrect SMS service centre number

On your iPhone keypad, type -

##5005*7672#
Press Call

You will get a response that tells you that the service centre has no address or something to that effect. It means it has been erased.

Step 3 - Setting the correct the SMS service centre number

**5005*7672*+nnnnnnnnn#
Press Call

Note - nnnnnnn is the number of the SMS service centre number that you need to find out in the first place.

You should get a response telling you the number has been set. If the response says No Address, you can use Step 1 to check the number.

Hope this helps.

Regards

spade79

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2008
To all of you who are still having problems sending out sms-es, you can try the following fix and see if it works.

Before you start you need to know the SMS service centre number of your operator. Find that out.

Step 1 - Checking what number is set as your SMS service centre number

Launch your iPhone keypad and type -

*#5005*7672#
Press Call

You will get a response that tells you the number that has been set as your SMS service centre number. In all probability, that number is missing a digit or is wrong.

##5005*7672#
Press Call

You will get a response that tells you that the service centre has no address or something to that effect. It means it has been erased.

**5005*7672*+nnnnnnnnn#
Press Call

Note - nnnnnnn is the number of the SMS service centre number that you need to find out in the first place.

You should get a response telling you the number has been set. If the response says No Address, you can use Step 1 to check the number.

Hope this helps.

Regards
This does NOT work on my iPhone. (rogers).

I just got the sim card today, put it in, phoning people works. I need texting to work.

I did what you said, and it doesn't seem to save it at all... Why does this happen...

Please someone help!

anateras

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2008
The same problem happened to me some days ago: i couldn't send sms to some particular contacts unless i delet all previous conversations.

I tried all solutions posted in this thread but no one functioned for me.

I have an iphone 1.1.1 otb unlocked with anysim and jailbreaked.

After a long time trying to solve this sms error, i decided to make a sofware upgrade to version 1.1.2 following several tutorials over the internet, but i had the same problem, then i decide to move to version 1.1.3 but i could't upgrade with success, everything worked except the phone.

After several days trying to restore the iphone to its original factory settings (wich is almost impossible, the baseband never downgrades) I found a software called Ziphone that is able to unlock the new version 1.1.4 and voilá!!
I upgraded my iphone to version 1.1.4, unlocked and jailbreaked with ziphone and everything is working again, i have not mor sms errors and i have found that this version is more stable than the previous.

Go to http://www.ziphone.org and download the software, the firmare 1.1.4 and upgrade your iphone.

Also i upgraded a friend's phone that was working uncorrectly: sometimes misses phone calls, and now is working perfectly.

Hope this information is useful.

parel

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2008
nvm with hardware unlock, i used to have iturbosim and the texting problem.
ive since moved on to the ziphone SW unlock. you do not get these same issues with this method.

phil-ray

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2008
im having the same problem today dont know how to fix it, im on 02 in the uk and my phone is no unlocked

julopez65

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2008
ziphone.org

For all of you that fixed the problem unlocking and activated the iphone using ziphone.org software, what was the OTB version of your iphone? Mine is 1.1.2 OTB.

parel

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2008
ziphone works will all the versions of iphone, all dem
i used it on a 1.1.2 OTB

Suspence72

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2008
My iphone started giving me the "error sending message" this morning. I was sending text messages again 20 min later. Here's what I did: go to settings and place phone in airplane mode, power off, turn power back on, turn off airplane mode, send text. I know, sounds way too simple but it worked. Hope it works for you, Good luck.

becca88

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2008
helllppppppppp!!!!!!!!!

I am frustrated.....

I have an iphone...it was upgraded the version 1.1.3 because it kept sending me errors when I tried to send an sms. Now it is doing it again....and I noticed that the time stamp as well has turned like 5 or 6 hours behind the time it was actually sent. I have tried everything as well, taking the sim card out, turning it on/off, and it's not working. It did this to me about a month ago, and it fixed itself within half an hour. Now it's being stubborn and not even working, ugh!!!!!!!! I want to sell it,LOL...Oh by the way it's the 8gb. If someone can help me that would be fabulous! I am on Rogers in Canada too, and I tried that number, and it says no address? so strange....

tommyzhao

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2008
it still not working for me

I followed the step and used rogers message center number and now i can't send a SMS message to anyone of my contacts... i was doing this originally beacuse one of my contacts was usesing a pearl blackberry and i got "error sending message" and so i tried the instuctions and now i'm fuct....

Please anyone any help would be greatly apriciated!!!

im useing Fido canada n the number i put in is *5005*7672*+15149931123#
and side setting succeeded service center address No address
still not working for me
any one can help me out thanks

tommyzhao

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2008
same as me

This does NOT work on my iPhone. (rogers).

I just got the sim card today, put it in, phoning people works. I need texting to work.

I did what you said, and it doesn't seem to save it at all... Why does this happen...

Please someone help!

when i do the step1
*#5005*7672#
Press Call

it shows error performing request no network service
--------------------------------------------------------------

##5005*7672#
Press Call
it shows setting succeeded service center address No address
-----------------------------------------------------------------

**5005*7672*+15149931123# ( im using Fido canada )
Press Call
shows setting succeeded service center address No address

i dunno wats going on help me plz

JannetS

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2008
Finally A Solution!!

Hey guys,

Been having the same problem sending sms, connecting to network, all of the above basically!! I am in Sydney, Australia. Was using the TurboSIM. After many hours of research and help from a few tech heads, I found a solution to all of the above.

There is a program called Ziphone‏ which unlocks the phone, and you can throw away the turbosim as you no longer need it. My iphone is now working perfectly.

If you think this is too good to be true or some sort of crap, check out their website. They are recommended by CNET too. Im no tech head and I found this real easy to use. They even have a youtube video which shows u step by step.

Ziphone Website (download + info) Use this link:
http://www.ziphone.org/search?updat...d-max=2008-05-01T00:00:00+02:00&max-results=4

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shP6vEhNMec

CNET: http://www.cnettv.com/9742-1_53-50001833.html

Enjoy!

coachmike

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
"No SIM card found" showed up after 6 mos successful usage

My iPhone's SMS has worked perfectly since December 2007. Today I got the "No SIM card" error while trying to Send. Anyone have any ideas? Thx.
Mike

Psiman

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2007
Locked iPhone O2 UK

Hi guys

I had the error sending message as soon as my numbers ported over. I could receive messages though.

I had set up my email account (google) and was emailing from the phone.

The simple act of changing Settings - Carrier from automatic to O2 (my service provider) and a power off/on cleared the problem.

Psi.

Markhk007

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2009
SMS error sending

I get the feeling that there are numerous reasons for the failure and possible solutions. Tried most of them (setting SMScenter number, switching on-off in airplane mode, clearing all SMSes, setting my network in manual mode, getting new SIM card) but nothing helped.

The error message (Error Sending message) when sending SMSes pops up after the progress bar has progressed for about 1/3-1/4. Did anybody have the same error of that stage when sending emails......and knows how to solve.

Is my first experience with apple....

Thanks for the help

Mark

tommyzhao

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2008
I have a 1.1.1 unlocked iphone and have been experiencing problems while sending sms. I have done various tests and have discovered the following.

I am able to send messages to any contact when I am sending a message to that contact for the first time or whenever that contact has not sent me an sms.

I am able to receive all messages.

When a contact sends me an sms, I am no longer able to send that particular contact an sms.

But if I delete the conversation, I am able to send that contact messages again.

Does anyone have any clues on what could be happening? Is anyone else experiencing this problem with their unlocked phones? A friend of mine has the same iphone and unlocked it using simfree (as I did) and does not have this problem.

I appreciate any help that can be provided. Thank you.

i got the same problem before,,,, but i find out a way to figer out
take ur sim card out and put AT&T sim card back in then will be work. i try few time before...all works

joby866

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2008
GREAT Britain
Solution, What worked for me...

O2 UK User here...

I had this problem today, really bugging me and I put it down to reception at first. But I knew something was wrong because the phone had not been 'not' sending messages for the first few days of use. To solve the issue I looked at some of the answers here...

Clear your conversations regularly and you will not have a problem, just deleted 3 now and I can send SMS again freely, if the error pops up again then delete as needed.

Hope this helps...

Lollike

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2009
Solution for me!

As is has been sugested the conversation seems to have been corrupted when ever there has been a dialog going on...
I have so far only had the problem with sending sms's to service numbers like TV programs, eg. comments to Live Eurosport or sms competitions in the radio or on TV. The common they all share is that they send you a sms-reply confirming the reception of your sms - I think this is what's corrupting the conversation...!?!
After reading Amar's suggestion I tried NOT to reply to a conversation, but to start a new sms/conversation and send it to the services I have had problems with earlier - and no problem!!!
This also explains the reson why other posts here in this forum states that it's never a problem sending the first sms in a conversation ;-)

I have an iPhone 3G 16GB version 2.2.1 simlocked with original sim card bought with the phone. My provided is Telia because I didn't have a free choice if I wanted to get an iPhone...!

PS. I miss sending mms which I have used alot in the past...

Best regards Denmark

Hi all!

I have been suffering for these same symptoms for the last 10 days (since I bought my iPhone -1.0.2), i.e. I am unable to send sms replies to 2-3 contacts on my iPhone. I have run through the following steps as posted on this thread:
1. Delete all sms's from my sim card - no change
2. Re-enter sms service centre through phone keypad- no change
3. Replace sim-card- no change
However, I have stumbled upon the solution to this (at least for my iPhone!). It appears that the problem is with the phone that sends you an sms which then corrupts your chat history. The solution to this for me was:

Get the user of the phone number that you have issues with to go through their sms settings and change the following setting as follows:

Reply via same service center- NO

Both numbers that were giving me problems are now fully operational!

Hope this helps.

jsweeps12

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2009
A Fix Finally!

Well not really....

It is an AT&T problem specific to the phone number. I tried the following.

1. Full restore to original... failed
2. New Sim Card... failed
3. New Iphone... failed
4. The *5005* etc... trick... failed
5. Put sim into another phone, send text, put back in iphone... failed
6. Changed Telephone number associated to the iphone...

WORKED!

AT&T doesn't know a damn thing about how to fix this or why it happened! Unfortunately you'll have to go through the whole process of calling them and opening tickets etc... to have a record of no resolution so they won't charge you an early termination fee for changing the phone number (Yes, they seriously tried).

Finally, I didn't do a restore from backup, I simply synced all my contacts, apps, etc... I was worried the problem might be in the backup somewhere too.

Ultimately what I have now:

An Itunes updated 2.2.1 (latest as of 02/20/09), non-unlocked, jailbroken (with the latest quickpwn version), resynced, latest generation Iphone 3g (which I might add is a heck of alot quicker loading applications though that might have been the update), and a new phone number.

Let's just hope the problem doesn't crop up again when I text everyone in my contacts with the new number...

Any other questions I'll check this forum periodically.

Now back to the wonderful world of installous!

JSWEEPS!

marky9074

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2009
Have a jailbreaked/yellosn0wed 3G 2.2.0

Was working fine until a few weeks ago. Tried absolutely everything on this thread. Tried many sims and none of them work.....

In all the threads on the net, there had not been any definitive solution... Apple really has to up their Game... waiting for yellowsn0w for 2.2.1, then will update firmware, and if it doesn't work return the phone.... :(

marky9074

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2009
OK, I had nothing to lose so updated the firmware anyway...

Before on 2.2.0 it failed at around 20-30% across the progress bar... now on 2.2.1 it gets as far as 80-90% before failing.... gggrrrrrrr

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.