Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pbook15

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Something is happening...

I wouldn't say it's up and running in Canada but I no longer get stuck in the infinite loop. When accessing the store it goes to the country selection screen but no little canadian flag... yet. I really don't want to waste another day waiting but what else do I have to do?

the_mole1314

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
Akron, OH
I can see the iTMS guy and Steve each have a key, I see them walk up in slow-mo, pull out their keys, head over to the servers with the giant words CANADA over it, open two identicale holes, insert the keys into the keyholes. They turn and look at eachother, they slightly nod, and they turn the keys in unisin. A second latter a button pops ouf and Steve pushes it. And then it's done.

That's how I hope it works, it's probably more like some intern pushing a button....

nawk

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2002
Getting Closer!

Bob and Doug's "Great White North" Album was on the front page of the US site .. we must be getting close, eh!

macpguy

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2004
macpguy said:
Maybe false alarm. I can browse again, which I could not do all week, but I can't change to the Canadian store or buy music. :confused:

Whoops, hate to be premature ... hehe
I was stuck in the Country Not Available non-browsing loop all week. When I clicked and the store loaded up, I thought I was in ...

Oh well, hopefully this will mean that today is the day!

Cheers!

autopilot

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2004
Toronto
macpguy said:
It's Up!!! :)

jeez louise... i just freaked out. i went to apple.com/ca, saw "store" and nearly wet myself.

...then i realized this is the same store that has always been there, i.e. the apple store. spent WAY too much time on these boards, eh? ;)

Strepsil

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2004
Hey guys, ive been waiting all night...for nothing :rolleyes:
BUT it seems like we will get our iTunes today, I was on Bonfire's site and their prices have gone down 10cents.

1. Numb/Encore (Explicit Version) 03:25 Preview $0.89
2. Numb/Encore (Amended Version) 03:25 Preview $0.89
3. Numb/Encore (Instrumental) 03:25 Preview $0.89

Do they know something we don't?

pbook15

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
It would be great if you could track how close iTMS is like everyone does with FedEx when you just ordered your latest Mac.

12.01.04 11:53am - Intern passes checkpoint into server room
12.01.04 --:--pm - iTMS delivered

or something like that. I just want to get back to doing someting productive.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
Sure....I believe it. :rolleyes:

I've honestly stopped caring at this point. I'm tired of getting my hopes up for nothing, when it happens it happens, other wise I'll continue to stea.....download my music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.