Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdamH

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2004
Ottawa, Canada
I've had it.

Steve, to be perfectly blunt, you've got me very fscking pissed off.

I bought your iPod in September, instead of all the WMA devices, on the promise that iTMS would be here shortly.

Due to shipping hassles of a second unit, I can return this one until December 6th.

No iTMS? You're about to lose my business, and more importantly, my respect (something I've had for Apple since playing with my first one in '86).

Cut the bullsh*t, and just deliver the product. This cloak-and-dagger BS is too much. I'm done. :mad:

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
MattG said:
If you think you can do a better job, start your own Macrumors-esque web site. The people that run this site do a hell of a job and do the best with the information they're given.

Not only is MattG right on this, but the website is named macrumors, not macfacts.

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
AdamH said:
Cut the bullsh*t, and just deliver the product. This cloak-and-dagger BS is too much. I'm done. :mad:

Tell me, honestly, why do you assume this is Apple screwing you over?

Would you be happy if ITMS launched yesterday at CDN$2.00 per song if that's what the labels were insisting?

Eaon

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2004
Canada
Gear_media said:
It's been like that all morning.
Well, it wasn't like that 60 seconds before I posted my message. Tried it, got nothing, chatted with a co-worker who came to bother me, tried again and got the American store. So, no, it hasn't been like that all morning for everyone.

BCwaiting

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2004
The Insider said:
Look for the store to become available around 4PM or 5PM (PST)

Riiiiiiight...uh uh... pardon the skepticism... but unless I see a signed, notarized affidavit to that affect...I am predicting another jolt cola-induced evening of refreshing iTunes till the wee hours of the morning.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Last night I cashed my pogey and sat down in front of the computer to buy some tunes from Apple. When it wasn't available, I figured I'd might as well go buy a mickey of C.C. at the beer parlour instead, but my skidoo got stuck in the muskeg on my way back to the duplex. I was trying to deke out a deer, you see. Damn chinook, melted everything. And then a Mountie snuck up behind me in a ghost car and gave me an impaired. I was s.o.l. sitting there dressed only in my Stanfields and a toque at the time. And the Mountie, he's all chippy and everything, calling me a "sh*t disturber" and whatnot. What could I say except, "Chimo!"

(...Paraphrased from Will & Ian Ferguson's "How To Be A Canadian")

BCwaiting

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2004
Eaon said:
Well, it wasn't like that 60 seconds before I posted my message. Tried it, got nothing, chatted with a co-worker who came to bother me, tried again and got the American store. So, no, it hasn't been like that all morning for everyone.

It was doing that for me yesterday. Sometimes I would get the US store sometimes I would get the UK store. When I downloaded the software earlier in the week, I got no store. So something changed, not sure it has anything to do with iTMS Canada though.

reckless_0001

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2003
Canada
dejo said:
Last night I cashed my pogey and sat down in front of the computer to buy some tunes from Apple. When it wasn't available, I figured I'd might as well go buy a mickey of C.C. at the beer parlour instead, but my skidoo got stuck in the muskeg on my way back to the duplex. I was trying to deke out a deer, you see. Damn chinook, melted everything. And then a Mountie snuck up behind me in a ghost car and gave me an impaired. I was s.o.l. sitting there dressed only in my Stanfields and a toque at the time. And the Mountie, he's all chippy and everything, calling me a "sh*t disturber" and whatnot. What could I say except, "Chimo!"

LOL!!!!! Sounded like somebody from here wrote that...

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
autopilot said:
it's dead quiet at work for me... nothing to do but lurk here...

waiting... hoping... (not that i could do anything even if it opened in 1-2-3 hours as my mac's at home... :( )

Don't have iTunes at work? :confused:

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Sorry "a-boot" you canadiens not getting your ITMS...This isn't the year for canadians, no NHL hockey, no ITMS whast next no "kraft dinner"? (Just kidding)

Gear_media

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2004
Edmonton, AB
autopilot said:
c'mon... are you saying you wouldn't want the rights to buy beer at the corner store and to keep a gun under your pillow? ;)
I can buy beer at the corner store (with almost double the meagre american alcohol content) and I can keep a gun under my pillow, though I choose not to.

if you don't have any other incentives then I think I'll pass.

shawnce

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2004
AdamH said:

WTF? What clock and dagger BS? Bitch at the legal, governmental, etc. system for they are the problem much more then anything Apple does (other then Apple trying to force consistency across all of the stores so all customers have a consistent and uncomplicated experience).

They publicly said that they planned to get the store out in November for Canada. They didn't match the plan since it is now _just_ December but they aren't hiding anything, they just have nothing to announce yet.

Announcing a date without know the date, hell announcing a larger time frame without knowing it is highly likely to happen is not something companies do. It isn't cloak-and-dagger it just they don't have confidence in a solid date.

Also just look at what happens when Apple doesn't hit a date/time line for an idea of why Apple doesn't give out a date much ahead of the actual release date...

The fact of the matter is that lawyers for governments, unions, consortiums, artists, customer groups, record companies, etc. are involved in EVERYTHING that Apple does to setup iTMS country and maintenance/continuance of iTMS after its "release". It is VERY hard for Apple to set hard dates or even time frames because it often only takes one schmuck^H^H^H^H^H^H lawyer and/or their client to throw a wrench into the whole works.

So many things are just out of Apple's control... they cannot be clearer other then general statements on they want to bring the store to X, Y, Z country or region often as a result.

You just need to deal with reality or try to change the blockages / red tape to what Apple is doing with iTMS.

autopilot

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2004
Toronto
Gear_media said:
I can buy beer at the corner store (with almost double the meagre american alcohol content) and I can keep a gun under my pillow, though I choose not to.

well anyone CAN get a gun; it isn't legal here though (handguns i mean).

you can get beer at your corner store? is that just an ontario thing then? :confused: (quebec you can, i remember.)

mr.steevo

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2004
dejo said:

Hi,

Is your duplex at the end of a cul-du-sac? I swear I saw you there wearing my touque about a fortnight ago. Anyway, I am sitting here with a plate of eggs and two pieces of bacon side-by-each and drinking an orange glass of juice waiting for iTunes Canada to come online.

s.

BCwaiting

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2004
Gear_media said:
I can buy beer at the corner store and I can keep a gun under my pillow, though I choose not to.

if you don't have any other incentives then I think I'll pass.

and not to mention the fact that you can legally marry your buddy here and pass around joints instead of cigars at the wedding reception.... :p

stcanard

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2003
Vancouver
BCwaiting said:
and not to mention the fact that you can legally marry your buddy here and pass around joints instead of cigars at the wedding reception.... :p

Hey, careful there. You're really starting to show your BC'ness. Those poor sods in Morally Indignant Ontario have to be a lot more careful!

Last I saw they still had to go to a Brewer's Retail and pick their beer from a set of pictures on a wall. No popping down to the local and buying a half-sack from off-sales there!

cantrdr

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2004
Yvan256 said:
Not only is MattG right on this, but the website is named macrumors, not macfacts.

Fair enough, MR did a good job on 26th rumour and the 30th was a logical step but this post is not rumour, there is no other buzz around the net as far as I can see and it's based on an unspecified 'inside source' which yes most rumours start that way but there is nothing to sink your teeth into in the first post of this forum, it's too vague, and as you can read, the quality of this forum stinks.
A better news story would be- 'iTMS returns to normal...Canucks left to sulk....here's to hoping for another day for Canada'

BCwaiting

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2004
stcanard said:
Hey, careful there. You're really starting to show your BC'ness. Those poor sods in Morally Indignant Ontario have to be a lot more careful!

My point was its somewhat ironic that all that can go down but it takes major hoop jumpin to get a freakin' site online to sell music....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.