Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I just opened iTunes when I got home from work, and after clicking on the store I was asked to accept new terms and conditions, which mention iTunes Match ...

OzyOly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2009
I just opened iTunes when I got home from work, and after clicking on the store I was asked to accept new terms and conditions, which mention iTunes Match ...

Yeah, I got that when trying to buy something this afternoon. iTunes match by Monday I hope!

pawcio

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2008
New Terms to Accept

I just had to accept new Terms in iTunes. I'm in Canada. Looks like iTunes match should be live any day now!

Terms and Conditions and Apple Privacy Policy
The changes we have made to the terms and conditions include the following:

• Notification of an additional type of previously-purchased content that may be subsequently downloaded to certain computers and devices as an accommodation to you, subject to existing association rules; and that such content may be played back on certain devices that are not subject to existing association rules, with limitations;

• New terms have been added that govern your use of iTunes Match, whereby you may pay a subscription fee to access certain content remotely, subject to existing association rules and usage rules, and explain that such content may be accessed on certain devices that are not subject to existing association rules, with limitations; and

• New terms have been added that explain that use of iTunes Match requires collection of certain information from your iTunes library which shall be associated with your Account.

albertgouws

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2011
ok so its friday morning in New Zealand
an the option to join iTunes has ben taken own from the account info

The so calle bugs, are not a issue for me.
as more people join, these bugs wil be work out and fixed

people are forgetting that this is a new service, something that hasn't been tried before. by anyone.
there was always a chance that there would be bugs, no1 not even apple say it would be perfect from the word go.

people who go in, and expect it to be perfect an there won't be any issues at all. are a bit silly, yes Apple are expected to put a new system out that works perfect, but it won't happen. no matter how much people think it will.

every new update, hardware, service will have its teething issues, iOS.5, Mac OSX lion, iPhone 4S etc etc

i know that theres bugs, but i will be paying for the service, its good at the moment, and can only get better

So this is working for you in NZ then?

I'm quite tempted to sign up and get things rolling... Would you recommend this or should I wait?

laminarpanda

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2008
London
It's working

Just to let you know it's finally working in the UK. I purchased it this morning but didn't work until 5 mins ago!! Now it's "Gathering information..."
:D

Jofamo

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Just posting to say that I'm in the UK, and the iTunes store showed iTunes match on the right. Clicked it, subscribed, I was then asked to update iTunes to 10.5.2. Software updated, went back, no iTunes Match sidebar to be seen.
Clicked back on store, on iTunes Match again. Clicked subscribe again, put in my account info, then got a message saying I'd already subscribed (good). Then I was presented with the Add Computer Screen, and now its 90% through the matching process!
No funny international store workarounds required!

kiwiboi87

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2011
New Zealand
Just posting to say that I'm in the UK, and the iTunes store showed iTunes match on the right. Clicked it, subscribed, I was then asked to update iTunes to 10.5.2. Software updated, went back, no iTunes Match sidebar to be seen.
Clicked back on store, on iTunes Match again. Clicked subscribe again, put in my account info, then got a message saying I'd already subscribed (good). Then I was presented with the Add Computer Screen, and now its 90% through the matching process!
No funny international store workarounds required!

Lucky
still waiting for the New Zealand store to play catch up

brettuk

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
I see iTunes Match on the right hand side now (but I signed up earlier), when clicking it and saying add computer it errors with 'Please login again'. :(

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Just signed into my iTunes account (in iTunes). iTunes Match showed up on the side, clicked it, seems to be working! (in Canada).

My library is now being scanned.

UPDATE: In Settings > Music on my iPhone (and iPad) I also see the option to turn iTunes Match on.

Attachments

• itunes match.png
    itunes match.png
    250.6 KB · Views: 71
  • itunes match iphone.png
    itunes match iphone.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

PhantomZone

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
I'm still getting 'iTunes match encountered an error' blah blah....

Pretty shambolic for Apple :rolleyes:

When I click on iTunes match it comes up with Genius...anyone else?

Last edited:

jaswah

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2009
It's working now here in Australia. Couldn't see it on the store page itself, but under the Account page the option for 'Add Computer' is there. Mine is now scanning also.

brettuk

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2009
It's working now here in Australia. Couldn't see it on the store page itself, but under the Account page the option for 'Add Computer' is there. Mine is now scanning also.

Where is that? I don't see Add Computer after clicking account

chochazel

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2010
Leeds
I get to the start button but as soon as I click this, it then comes up with the error - UK

Had you already purchased it during the premature roll out, or have you just subscribed?

I purchased it previously. I'm wondering people who did this are destined to have problems.

jroadley

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2009
Norwich, UK
Had you already purchased it during the premature roll out, or have you just subscribed?

I purchased it previously. I'm wondering people who did this are destined to have problems.

I subscribed at 21:13 today - and started the whole process then bombed out and now get the sign in error all the time now.

jjesharp

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
England

in the premature stage

UPDATE: now on working and at stage 2 Matching 10k+ songs

ehinrichsen61

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2011
Works in Mexico

Subscribed yesterday and so far it seems to work. The songs that it could match were done very quickly, but uploading of the rest is extremely slow, maybe the server is overloaded.

Works on my ATV2 but have not tried an ios device yet.

Saludos

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.