Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cesko

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2009
Canada
No longer for Canada

Option was available earlier today but when trying to sign up got a message to try again later; the option to is no longer available in my account as of 11:25 PM
Oh well, was fun while it lasted :D

usher2005

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm from Canada like yourself and cannot find iTunes Match

usher2005

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Wrmere in Canadian store

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
You could try duplicating your library (not music files just the library) and opening the copy, remove all the songs you don't want to cloud from the library (make sure not to choose the delete files option) then activate iCloud, close iTunes and reopen the main library.

So, it seems that "it just works" doesn't apply to the Icloud.

pogoyoyo

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Here's the deal.
iTunes match doesn't show up in your iTunes store if your outside of Brazil and the US because it's probably a mistake on apple's part and isn't supposed to be released yet. BUT if you think it's legit and absolutely want to give apple your money like i did 10 minutes ago (and now i regret it because its telling me to sign out and in infinitely) the link (might be canadian link, don't know if this will work internationally) is : https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/sagaWelcome?workflowID=260

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
First AppleTV TV shows, now iTunes Match

First they release TV Shows for Canada, UK, and Australia on AppleTV then pull it without warning or explanation and now this? Somebody's really messing up or purposefully F#$king with our minds. :mad:

JayRedliner

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2010
iTunes Match is now showing on the Canadian iTunes Store for $27.99 annually. Will be trying it out forthwith!

Fingers crossed... :)

**Update: Clicked on "Purchase", entered my password and immediately got a receipt from Apple. I had to go into my iTunes Store account settings to "Add this computer" for iTunes Match to appear in the side column. Here we go...

**Update2: After adding my computer for iTunes Match to be activated, iTunes tries to connect to the Store and I'm given an error and that I should try to sign out and then in again (which I've done to no avail.) My account does state that I'm now subscribed to Match however with an auto-renew set for Dec. 14th, 2012. Guess there are still a few kinks to work out...

Exact same for me...

rockhard

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2011
Got excited when I saw this, but it's not showing up in my sidebar :( In Canada.

Edit: Managed to find it, but got the error saying to try again later. I'll try in the morning.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
How does $25 (which is £16.17) turn into £22 ?

Even if you tack on the UK's criminal 20% sales tax it only gets to £19.40

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
How does $25 (which is £16.17) turn into £22 ?

Even if you tack on the UK's criminal 20% sales tax it only gets to £19.40

Different countries, different contracts, different deals, different prices.

hppy29

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2007
Essex, UK
So has anyone other than those who requested it been given a refund? My iTunes Match purchase is still showing as expires 14/12/12

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Apple really cocked up here. Pure laziness and stupidity on their part...something we seem to be seeing a lot of recently!

ijtodd

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2011
$34.99 for Itunes match in Australia, when our dollar is in parody or more often that not stronger than the US Dollar?! Yeh seems right apple, charge us more.

So sick of this, it was even in the news paper a couple of days ago, that australia is getting ripped of internationally, because everyone thinks that just cause our country isn't completely screwed from debt issues that its ok to charge us more.

(yes i know we have higher taxes over here, and we do live on an island, but still its not an excuse for in a lot of cases for companies to charge us double what every one else is getting in the world for normal prices.Also i know they arnt charging us double, but with taxes they are getting charged it should only equal to around $30)

This pricing is most likely because of the record labels. Not Apple. The record labels here are surprisingly greedy.

drowned

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
Hey guys,

I successfully subscribed from the Australian iTunes Store, but am getting the same errors as everyone else, saying that I'm not signed in when I try to use it. I'm happy to wait though =)

Did this happen to the brazil launch?

Nope. Here in Brazil the iTunes Match has been functioning fine since the launch of the Brazilian iTunes Store, on tuesday. You guys might get it soon!

gkpm

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2010
signed up and paid last night.

Still not working, and no refund

You have to ask for a refund through iTunes support, if you want it.

I also signed up night but just waiting for it to be officially enabled, can't be that far away.

I've read that things in Brasil started the same way. All part of the excitement of joining an yet unannounced service. :)

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
I'm remaining optimistic. Looks like everything's in place for a UK release... we just need someone at Apple to hit the "official" big red button to roll it out properly!

Fingers crossed for having it released before the end of the day

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.