Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lessthanjaker1

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2008
Hey guys,
Forgive me if I missed this info on another post, but whenever I update my iphone back to 1.1.2, my appinstaller is wiped off of my phone. I have tried it 3 times, at first I thought I clicked 'restore', but I made sure I clicked 'update' the other 2 times. Everything else worked fine: downgrading 1.1.1, appsnapp and oktoprep. What gives?

**Nevermind!! I didn’t do step 5!!! I think I was just scared when the app installer disapeared after upgrading back to 1.1.2. I’m an idiot I know!! Thnx for all the info man.

MelonMadness

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2008
I dont know what going wrong... I followed everything un till i get stuck in DFU mode and i double-click on "windows.bat" inside 1.1.2-jailbreak... only thing that happens is it flashes and nothing comes up. let me know if there is anything else i can do.

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
No.. it will only allow you to install 3rd party apps

if you want it unlocked (ie, use a diff network sim), downgrade to 1.1.1 and don't upgrade to 1.1.2

to downgrade is it as easy as just putting it into reboot (BEFORE YOU EVEN PLUG IT INTO THE COMPUTER) and then just restoring it with a 1.1.1 firmware file???

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
to downgrade is it as easy as just putting it into reboot (BEFORE YOU EVEN PLUG IT INTO THE COMPUTER) and then just restoring it with a 1.1.1 firmware file???

just follow the instructions - there are plenty around on this board and even in google..

or check out modmyifone.com - extensive set of instructions for all upgrading/downgrading etc..

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
just follow the instructions - there are plenty around on this board and even in google..

or check out modmyifone.com - extensive set of instructions for all upgrading/downgrading etc..

yes, I have. It just seems I have gotten a few responses saying that, there is no way possible for me to unlock a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone to use on other carriers but then your post has changed everything. Are you sure?? You sure I can just put it in recovery mode and then install a 1.1.1 firmware onto it????

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
yes, I have. It just seems I have gotten a few responses saying that, there is no way possible for me to unlock a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone to use on other carriers but then your post has changed everything. Are you sure?? You sure I can just put it in recovery mode and then install a 1.1.1 firmware onto it????

i thought you could.. someone correct me if i'm wrong.. (which i probably am!! lol)

sorry if i am mis-leading you too.. i don't have time to check at the mo..

EDIT:
I stand corrected.. my modmyifone.com:

there is NO SIM UNLOCK solution for iPhone's which came with firmware 1.1.2 out of the box

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
Oh, who cares, I'm going to go and get one anyway. They say they will be able to unlock it when 1.1.3 comes out so I'll just wait 'til then. Thanks anyway.

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
actually, you can unlock OTB 1.1.2..

people have been using software called StealthSIM..

so have a check on that and see if that helps you out mate

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
I dont know what going wrong... I followed everything un till i get stuck in DFU mode and i double-click on "windows.bat" inside 1.1.2-jailbreak... only thing that happens is it flashes and nothing comes up. let me know if there is anything else i can do.

On windows, you can use iBrickr to kick the phone out of DFU mode, iNdependence on a Mac.

shiunn

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2006
i can't wait to get hold of my own iphone next week and try out these instructions!!!!!!!!

bigal616

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2007
jailbreak

i downgraded to 1.1.1 and now im trying to get out of recovery mode.. it just says rebooting...sending commands
On the screen it just says "Activate iPhone connect to iTunes"
Its been running for about 10min.

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
i downgraded to 1.1.1 and now im trying to get out of recovery mode.. it just says rebooting...sending commands
On the screen it just says "Activate iPhone connect to iTunes"
Its been running for about 10min.

Once the iPhone is at the activation screen, you can close the jailbreak program. You don't have to sit there.

iJesus

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Reno, Nevada
Pissed

this is the 3rd time I try this and every time I install OKTOPREP and update the firmware.... it updates but the hack doesn't stay.

sucks :-(

iJesus

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Reno, Nevada
Hey guys,
Forgive me if I missed this info on another post, but whenever I update my iphone back to 1.1.2, my appinstaller is wiped off of my phone. I have tried it 3 times, at first I thought I clicked 'restore', but I made sure I clicked 'update' the other 2 times. Everything else worked fine: downgrading 1.1.1, appsnapp and oktoprep. What gives?

**Nevermind!! I didn’t do step 5!!! I think I was just scared when the app installer disapeared after upgrading back to 1.1.2. I’m an idiot I know!! Thnx for all the info man.

haha, your post answered my question and it seemed with both had the exact same problems :p

whewwww....

I'd just like to add, Brando... I love you for this GREAT Guide. Apples to you.

Almacruel19

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2008
Every time I run the restore I am getting error (1) and the screen turns white when i run the jailbreak.jar it just boots the phone with 1.1.2 again

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
this is the 3rd time I try this and every time I install OKTOPREP and update the firmware.... it updates but the hack doesn't stay.

sucks :-(

are you using the conceited software package at the end to pull the jailbreak through to 1.1.2?

Edit* I was late, nevermind haha

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
haha, your post answered my question and it seemed with both had the exact same problems :p

whewwww....

I'd just like to add, Brando... I love you for this GREAT Guide. Apples to you.

Actually, I bet Apple is not too fond of me lol, but thanks anyway!

legaleye3000

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2007
Just want to double check...

If I do this, can I fully restore the phone to "virgin" status if I want to install the next update that comes out or if I have to make a warranty claim.

(So there's NO trace of any jailbreak...)???

Thanks!

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Just want to double check...

If I do this, can I fully restore the phone to "virgin" status if I want to install the next update that comes out or if I have to make a warranty claim.

(So there's NO trace of any jailbreak...)???

Thanks!

Yeah, just go ahead and hit "restore" on the summary tab.

Pretty simple.

nickjaco

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2008
I'm Interested In Jailbreaking My Iphone Im In The UK On 02, However I Was Wondering What The Risks Were and How Likely It Was That These Would Occur.

PatrickC

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2007
Yeah, just go ahead and hit "restore" on the summary tab.

Pretty simple.

You would have to do "restore" and then "set up as new phone" so that all of the prefs files from your 3rd party apps aren't put back on the phone during the normal restore process.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.