Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

legaleye3000

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2007
After doing this, everythings works great !

Only problem is... visual voicemail is gone! What happend and how do I get it back? I am not using media max on ATT, everything w/ my account is normal and I am not unlocked.

WVUAppleSeed

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2006
Great Job!

Thanks to the instructions above. I thought I would never hack my iPhone and I did! Thanks so much!

Chris29

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2007
london
Thanks!

THE JAILBREAK PROGRAM FROM CONCEITED SOFTWARE HAS BEEN UPDATED

I know that this is repetitive but many posts here are giving the wrong advice.

I've been lurking for a week or two after getting my iPhone (1.1.2 OTB), and was reading all I could before trying this (and posting really). These instructions were perfect and worked on the first shot in under 30 minutes. Thanks to all; donations coming for sure!

sakurama

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2007
It took me hours to do this today after getting a replacement that came with 1.1.2 OTB but it did work finally. I think the steps could be a bit more detailed about little things like quitting iTunes in step one, downloading the 1.1.1 without extracting and how "boot from recovery" can hang but it did finally work. It was so much easier before when I didn't have to go back to 1.1.1 but at least it's back and I can make my phone useful again.

Really, the stock phone is utterly boring and useless - it's like a phone...

G

djmoney4545

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
ok so i had 1.1.2 and i degraded it to 1.1.1 now im trying to go to jailbreakme.com and it wont open and yes my wi fi is running
also it says no service on the top right does that have to do with anytihgn

Ramchi

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
India
1.1.2 OTB Software Unlock

I have a 1.1.2 OTB. Whether any Software unlock available after the latest release of 1.1.3 which apparently has baseband upgrade as well. When I was checking few weeks back it was said that baseband upgrade will enable people to unlock 1.1.2 OTB.

Any updates which would enable my 1.1.2 OTB to function as a phone is greately appreciated!

sikzorro

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2007
Karlsfeld, Germany
Hello, i got my iPhone 1.1.2 OTB yesterday and downgraded ist to 1.1.1.
That worked fine and i will jailbreak it in the next step.
After that i had the plan, as described here, to update it back again to 1.1.2 and jailbrake it again.

But now i am afraid, that, when i try to update it via iTunes, it will be updated to 1.1.3

Is it possible to update to 1.1.2 the same way as i did the downgrade to 1.1.1?

I found 1.1.2 under http://iphone.unlock.no/#restore-firmware-files

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
I've been lurking for a week or two after getting my iPhone (1.1.2 OTB), and was reading all I could before trying this (and posting really). These instructions were perfect and worked on the first shot in under 30 minutes. Thanks to all; donations coming for sure!

No Problem

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
ok so i had 1.1.2 and i degraded it to 1.1.1 now im trying to go to jailbreakme.com and it wont open and yes my wi fi is running
also it says no service on the top right does that have to do with anytihgn

The "no service" is a symptom of 1.1.1 not being able to recognize the new baseband. You'll need to go back to 1.1.2

(Before you try anything, I'd wait until there is a posted method for updating back to 1.1.2)

What is happening on 1.1.1 when you try to access the jailbreak site?

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Hello, i got my iPhone 1.1.2 OTB yesterday and downgraded ist to 1.1.1.
That worked fine and i will jailbreak it in the next step.
After that i had the plan, as described here, to update it back again to 1.1.2 and jailbrake it again.

But now i am afraid, that, when i try to update it via iTunes, it will be updated to 1.1.3

Is it possible to update to 1.1.2 the same way as i did the downgrade to 1.1.1?

I found 1.1.2 under http://iphone.unlock.no/#restore-firmware-files

I am researching this right now actually, Erica Sadun has reported on TUAW that holding the "option" key while clicking "upgrade" works the same way as doing a restore. (gives you the option to choose the file to update to)

I haven't tried this yet, but will let you know how it works out.

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
I have a 1.1.2 OTB. Whether any Software unlock available after the latest release of 1.1.3 which apparently has baseband upgrade as well. When I was checking few weeks back it was said that baseband upgrade will enable people to unlock 1.1.2 OTB.

Any updates which would enable my 1.1.2 OTB to function as a phone is greately appreciated!

To be honest, nobody knows yet.

There is no current software unlock for either 1.1.2 or {1.1.3 (no hardware unlock either).}

There is no sym-link or jailbreak for 1.1.3 currently.

give 'em time...

Kenny Wuuu

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2007
does anyone know how to downgrade to 1.1.1 from 1.1.3. I originally jailbreaked my phone and i realized the new update isn't that great. my phone keeps saying that it detects a phone in recovery mode over and over again. I try to 'reboot from recover' but it doesn't work

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
These instructions have been updated, and now explain how to jailbreak even though 1.1.3 is out.

senorFunkyPants

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
England
These instructions have been updated, and now explain how to jailbreak even though 1.1.3 is out.
Couple of things I noticed having just jailbroke my 1.1.2 UK phone in Windows xp:
At step 2.7 I couldn't get appsnapp to install until I restarted itunes and it connected to the iphone and asked to activate...cancelled request and continued..installed appsnapp fine.
Step 5.3 I got an error at this point something about unable to connect to iPhone. Moved the Jailbreal 1.1.2.zip file to the root C:/ and then it worked fine.

There is a slightly different/older set of instructions at:
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=461
which I mention only because it has a lot of screenshots which may help with what to expect.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Just a note that I never, ever got the jailbreak for 1.1.2 working, I did everything, including going back down to 1.1.1. All I get is the restore mode, and just stayed there for ever and ever...

http://www.hackthatphone.com

said to use iNdependence to get it out of restore mode. You loose your App installer, but at least you have an unlocked phone...

toxthexnines

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2007
405/918
when i click Boot From Recovery it does its loading and the blue loading bar gets to around 75% and it says Rebooting and it hangs there for a long time and ive been waiting for 15 mintues so far and it still hasn't finished

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
when i click Boot From Recovery it does its loading and the blue loading bar gets to around 75% and it says Rebooting and it hangs there for a long time and ive been waiting for 15 mintues so far and it still hasn't finished

has the actual phone rebooted?

if so, you can go ahead and just close the jailbreak program

toxthexnines

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2007
405/918
i tried one last time and it got hung up at the "waiting for reboot" like it has been and how long is it suppose to take? the longest ive waited is 15 minutes. And the last time while it waiting for reboot i opened independence and it rebooted it for me and i did the prep and upgraded back up to 1.1.2 and did the jailbreak with Touchfree and it got to the "Your phone will reboot a few times" message but it rebooted once and it now says connect to itunes. What am i doing wrong and why won't it reboot it when i try to boot from recovery?

mansonx

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2008
in step 2 i cant select my favorite WiFi gateway coz i never ask me and when am pressing home button then it ask me WiFi gateway but ofter then i cant even touch my numbers they dont work:(

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
i tried one last time and it got hung up at the "waiting for reboot" like it has been and how long is it suppose to take? the longest ive waited is 15 minutes. And the last time while it waiting for reboot i opened independence and it rebooted it for me and i did the prep and upgraded back up to 1.1.2 and did the jailbreak with Touchfree and it got to the "Your phone will reboot a few times" message but it rebooted once and it now says connect to itunes. What am i doing wrong and why won't it reboot it when i try to boot from recovery?

First of all the "boot from recovery" button, is a fairly "ok" version of running a "cmd fsboot" in iPhuc.

iNdependence and iBrickr seem to be better at freeing the phones / pods from DFU.

Also, after you get the "reboot a few times" thing.., when it goes back into recovery, run iNdependence one more time. The iPhone will restart twice and you'll have installer.app! woo hoo!

Dakotafan

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
got all the way to shift-update 1.1.2 and still getting the 1015 errors and it's still in recovery mode...still wait? try iBrickr to get out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.