Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhoneLover

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2007
dont forget to answer my question guys ;) im sittin here and im whaitng

hey dudes, i bought a 1.1.2 iPhone in Germany. Now i wanna do this jailbrake. Than i followed your instruction (everything worked till i shall open safari and connect to this site...)

i kicked it out of recovery.. (i canceled it when sendind commands or something didnt went on...., but i was in this recovery modus once earlier..) now the world on my iphone appeard and in the instruction stands: if u alrdy activated your iphone open the safari browser.. HERE IS THE PROBLEM: A message appears: Sim Locked - Insert an unlocked and valid SIM toactivate iPhone.
:eek:
i allready activated it when i got it... but i cant type in my pin or something to unluck it..? all i can do is slide for emergency!

so i thought i will just try to unlock it again and followed the instrcution again....
but hee is my SECOND PROBLEM ^^ : when i type *#307# and press call, there comes: Error performing request SIM PIN Required..
:confused:
What can i do? i mean my sim card is inside da iphone and i cant call this number cause iphone tells me my SIM isnt unlocked..

plz i couldt need some competent answer :p i am nooby so plz understand me :D

would be glad of a fast answer
greez guys !

what i just noticed: when i open itunes it says that itunes couldt find my iphone i should insert my sim. so if noone can help me, i cant even restore it to 1.1.2 ?? o_O
sorry guys my englsih is so bad :p im from germany u know :)

dont forget it guys :( ur my last chance ^^

SeVeN

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2006
San Jose
THE JAILBREAK PROGRAM FROM CONCEITED SOFTWARE HAS BEEN UPDATED

2. Reboot your iPhone holding the top (power) and home buttons BUT release the top button 10
seconds into it (right after the screen goes dark) and continue to hold the home button until
iTunes detects the phone in recovery mode. The iPhone screen will appear to be off, but start
iTunes if not started yet .

my phone turned off before the 10 seconds

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Silly questions:
"Bricking" an iPhone using jailbreak is basically impossible right? If it is rendered inoperable it is soon repaired by doing a restore. Right?

I am running a 1.1.1 phone. I can skip the acts of step 1 and step 2a and skip right to 2b. Am I reading that correctly?

Finally, Once I am done with the process do I have to update to 1.1.2? Or can I stay on 1.1.1?

gomez0920

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2007
Hallo,
Ich hatte das gleiche problem und wollte mein iphone unlocken. Als erstes musst du von 1.1.2 downgraden und auf 1.1.1 gehen. Dann wenn du 1.1.1 hasst musst du das jailbreak installieren. ES GIBT NOCH NICHT EIN JAILBREAK FUER 1.1.2. Ich habe diesem post gefolgt und es hat alles super geklappt.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/396184/
Hoffe das hilft
gomez0920

NYR99

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
i did step one then my phone said to activate, then it got out of that by itself. now my phone doesnt have any of my contacts and cant find signal? what did i do?

Revlefty

macrumors regular
May 18, 2006
I must be a little slow, because I'm having trouble downgrading to 1.1.1 When I try to restore it to 1.1.1 it says the "iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred."

Can anyone help?

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Silly questions:
"Bricking" an iPhone using jailbreak is basically impossible right? If it is rendered inoperable it is soon repaired by doing a restore. Right?

I am running a 1.1.1 phone. I can skip the acts of step 1 and step 2a and skip right to 2b. Am I reading that correctly?

Finally, Once I am done with the process do I have to update to 1.1.2? Or can I stay on 1.1.1?

Yes ,you are safe with jailbreaking.

Yes, 2a only apples if you want to factory hacktivate the iPhone.

And yes, you must upgrade back to 1.1.2 or the phone will not activate. (This has to do with the baseband version of 1.1.2)

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
my phone turned off before the 10 seconds

Forget the 10 seconds thing and just release the top button like half a second after the screen turns black, but keep holding the home button until iTunes alerts you that it is connected to an iPhone in recovery mode.

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
i did step one then my phone said to activate, then it got out of that by itself. now my phone doesnt have any of my contacts and cant find signal? what did i do?

I need a little more info to help you.

What firmware are you running currently?
Did you sync your iPhone first to create a backup file?
Are you on a PC or a Mac?

iPhoneLover

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2007
so Not jailbreak yet?!

Do Not Jailbreak your Phone yet!!! I dont know about the US iPhone but of you Jailbreak an activated 1.1.2 German T-Mobile it changes some settings so your edge Flatrate isnt s Flat anymore. If you alrey dit it, call 2000 and See How
much money you alrey Lost. I will whait for a totally fixed Jailbreak :) hoped i helped some of you. By the was this message is sent From ms iPhone ;)

See u guys!!

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Do Not Jailbreak your Phone yet!!! I dont know about the US iPhone but of you Jailbreak an activated 1.1.2 German T-Mobile it changes some settings so your edge Flatrate isnt s Flat anymore. If you alrey dit it, call 2000 and See How
much money you alrey Lost. I will whait for a totally fixed Jailbreak :) hoped i helped some of you. By the was this message is sent From ms iPhone ;)

See u guys!!

Please Note, this does NOT apply to US iPhone owners.

redimp

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2007
Sunny old UK
Why Jailbreak an Touch

Hi folks, I posted earlier on this thread. I'm intigued why all the hype on jailbreaking a Touch. I bought my 16gb Touch soley for cosolidating my music CD collection as 16gb is a waste of time for storing films, I use my 160GB Archos 504 for films it's the best on the market for this purpose. I sometimes use it for checking my Emails via Safari elsewhere in the house when I can't be bothered to boot up the PC, it's quite good for this as I can pick up my Email via webmail using a browser. Callender entry functions are included on most mobile phones and who leaves home without there mobile these days, in fact many mobiles will screen movies and play MP3s and come with memory expansion capabilities etc, etc, etc, the LG Viewty screens DivX movies like the Archos. Alternatively get one of the many touchscreen PDA's which also do all of the above. So I'm lost are you trying to turn the Touch into a PDA if so why not buy a PDA and avoid the risk of a future firmware upgrade locking up your jailbroken Touch. I'm an Electrical Engineer and always find it strange when people by one thing at reasonable expence and try to change it into something else which is already available on the market in many competent formats. The Iphone is different I suppose because of the phone bit and most people carry there mobile so why not have a PDA included. Just a thought.

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

First of all, let me just say that I'm glad you cleared up that you are an electrical engineer... We all wanted to know.

Secondly, this is a forum helping people who want to expand the capabilties of an already amazing product, not a place to express disaproval, nor to question motives.

PS, the multi-touch technology is reason enough to stick with this product.

redimp

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2007
Sunny old UK
Jailbreak effect on Touch updates

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

First of all, let me just say that I'm glad you cleared up that you are an electrical engineer... We all wanted to know.

Secondly, this is a forum helping people who want to expand the capabilties of an already amazing product, not a place to express disaproval, nor to question motives.

PS, the multi-touch technology is reason enough to stick with this product.

Please don't take offence, vallied points for and against the Jailbreak should both be made. I love my Touch so I'm 100% behind your support of a fantastic product. I feel it is also our responsibility to warn Touch owners of the pottential risks associated with expanding capabilities of the Touch. Oh and I mentioned my engineering status to reflect a level of understanding of the point I raised. The touch software can be updated via Itunes and we all know what a pain Itunes is at times, are you sure that future Touch updates by Apple via Itunes won't recognise the Jailbreak and lock up the offending Touch.

iPhoneLover

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2007
Please Note, this does NOT apply to US iPhone owners.

Okay that was what i didnt know for sure but i wanted to give the informatiom cause i also saw some germans here. Btw is of true that Jailbreaking an iPhone males the Menu slowlier? I think i whait for FE 1.1.3 and for an fixed Jailbreak. Dont want ms phone to feel Like rubbish^^

Happy New Yhear !!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Yes ,you are safe with jailbreaking.

Yes, 2a only apples if you want to factory hacktivate the iPhone.

And yes, you must upgrade back to 1.1.2 or the phone will not activate. (This has to do with the baseband version of 1.1.2)

To point 3, my phone was activated so I went to jailbreakme.com, installed the app, and everything appears fine. Made a call, checked a voice mail, went to the net, all my sms, contacts, e-mails, photos, remained. So do I have to go to 1.1.2 if I am already using an activated phone? I'd kind of like to stick with 1.1.1 for ***** and giggles.

pbmaster93

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2007
Hello I need help, when I click on the wondows.bat file it flashes for a second and then it does nothing I pareciate the help thanks.:)

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
To point 3, my phone was activated so I went to jailbreakme.com, installed the app, and everything appears fine. Made a call, checked a voice mail, went to the net, all my sms, contacts, e-mails, photos, remained. So do I have to go to 1.1.2 if I am already using an activated phone? I'd kind of like to stick with 1.1.1 for ***** and giggles.

Im sorry, I misread your first post...

What I said only applies if you had updated to 1.1.2 before trying to downgrade and jailbreak and go back to 1.1.2 haha.

No if all of that works, you are fine to remain at 1.1.1 :). Sorry about that.

ellipooh

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2008
Hi there Brando88

After i have bought my iphone from the UK which is on O2 network, i have been dying to find out how on earth will i be able to put 'installer' into my iphone ??? since my friend have got an iphone from USA and he said his iphone came with 'installer' so lucky ?? mine one is factory ready,,,and is 1.1.2...i see that his one have got soooo many app and games and etc that someone like me would loooveee to have as well but i'm just not sure if i SHOULD follow your instructions and downgrade it to 1.1.1 and then upgrade back to 1.1.2...

the thing is... when i connect my iphone to my mac... using itunes and everything.. when you said put it to the sleep mode or sth by pressing the home and the power button after 10 seconds.. the prob here is that, after i released the top bottom when screen gone dark, and kept holding on the the home key.... nothing happened...my itunes didnt detect my iphone in the 'stand by' mode or wodever it is needed to be.. and when i randomly press the home key and the power key together, there is a picture of itunes icon on the screen with the pluging thing under it.. (sorry are you confused now ?) so i'm just wondering why can t i just click 'restore' from itunes ?(well i did that, and it will just restore back to 1.1.2.. which is really not what i wanna do... ) just out of curiosity.. coz i'm really confused... i have also heard that if i attempt to do anything with the phone that bought from the network provider, will probably and will completely damage the phone ? i dont know how true is that, but when i want to try to restore it like how you explained ..... i just couldn t even put the phone into the standby mode or see anything happening in itunes for me to even get it started.. so if you could let me know what could be the problem here, would be great...

thanks !! looking forward to your reply..:eek:

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
After i have bought my iphone from the UK which is on O2 network, i have been dying to find out how on earth will i be able to put 'installer' into my iphone ??? since my friend have got an iphone from USA and he said his iphone came with 'installer' so lucky ?? mine one is factory ready,,,and is 1.1.2...i see that his one have got soooo many app and games and etc that someone like me would loooveee to have as well but i'm just not sure if i SHOULD follow your instructions and downgrade it to 1.1.1 and then upgrade back to 1.1.2...

the thing is... when i connect my iphone to my mac... using itunes and everything.. when you said put it to the sleep mode or sth by pressing the home and the power button after 10 seconds.. the prob here is that, after i released the top bottom when screen gone dark, and kept holding on the the home key.... nothing happened...my itunes didnt detect my iphone in the 'stand by' mode or wodever it is needed to be.. and when i randomly press the home key and the power key together, there is a picture of itunes icon on the screen with the pluging thing under it.. (sorry are you confused now ?) so i'm just wondering why can t i just click 'restore' from itunes ?(well i did that, and it will just restore back to 1.1.2.. which is really not what i wanna do... ) just out of curiosity.. coz i'm really confused... i have also heard that if i attempt to do anything with the phone that bought from the network provider, will probably and will completely damage the phone ? i dont know how true is that, but when i want to try to restore it like how you explained ..... i just couldn t even put the phone into the standby mode or see anything happening in itunes for me to even get it started.. so if you could let me know what could be the problem here, would be great...

thanks !! looking forward to your reply..:eek:

Read what I said about the ten seconds thing, and there is nothing really you can do when jailbreaking that you can't fix with a restore

stockman15

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2008
alright, sorry you guys. but here is one more question, that i kno you guys have probably answered a billion of times. but im jailbreaking my 1.1.2 rite now. and ive downgraded to 1.1.1 already. however, im trying to get to jailbreakme.com website, but unfortunately i cannot get a connection with neither edge nor wifi. i see on the jailbreak me thing that im supposed to perform an operation by calling *#307# but its confusing me and not working. isnt there a video out there that shows exactly how to call. i remember watching it, but cannot find it. if anyone can help, pleeez. thanx.

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Please don't take offence, vallied points for and against the Jailbreak should both be made. I love my Touch so I'm 100% behind your support of a fantastic product. I feel it is also our responsibility to warn Touch owners of the pottential risks associated with expanding capabilities of the Touch. Oh and I mentioned my engineering status to reflect a level of understanding of the point I raised. The touch software can be updated via Itunes and we all know what a pain Itunes is at times, are you sure that future Touch updates by Apple via Itunes won't recognise the Jailbreak and lock up the offending Touch.

I'm sorry for being harsh, your explantation is very valid, and I apologize.
But a comment like this belongs in its own thread, as it applies to the entire community. This thread is solely for those having difficulty with the jailbreak process.

As for the jalibreaking, it really doesn't mess with the device that much. It just opens up full read and write access. This can be cleared by a restore.

I have noticed that after a restore you may have a "root.zip" file in at the root menu, but when opened, it only has the previous apple plist files nothing to do with the jailbreak.

brando88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
alright, sorry you guys. but here is one more question, that i kno you guys have probably answered a billion of times. but im jailbreaking my 1.1.2 rite now. and ive downgraded to 1.1.1 already. however, im trying to get to jailbreakme.com website, but unfortunately i cannot get a connection with neither edge nor wifi. i see on the jailbreak me thing that im supposed to perform an operation by calling *#307# but its confusing me and not working. isnt there a video out there that shows exactly how to call. i remember watching it, but cannot find it. if anyone can help, pleeez. thanx.

The *#307# trick is only when on a phone not using the AT&T network. (not sure about you)

You may be joining your network incorrectly, check that out b/c the jailbreakme site is up and running.

And to the best of my knowledge you will not be able to use the edge service at 1.1.1 after being on 1.1.2.

saboracuva

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2007
Eau claire
help

so i followed all the steps until i get to the very end...
I connect my iphone and then quit out of itunes, then i open the .jar file then I click on jailbreak. this is where i get stuck i've been waiting for about 10 minutes and it still says reading flash image....
Am I doing something wrong?
could somebody please help me.... thanks!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.