Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Hey AJ, Thanks for the 2 threads you posted. Those for were very helpful. I'll have to gift you a justin bieber song some day for all your help. I know you are a fan... even if you claim your son is the real fan... or was it your 2 year old daughter? :p

Thanks again... just waiting for Sunday (or sooner).:)

Thanks bro.
Bieber fever:D
Sunday cant come soon enough but its all good. We waited this much so far. I'd be happy even if they take longer to finish things up and work out last minute bugs.

Beeray

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
If you already did an OTA 6.1 update you can just go to itunes and click restore to go up to 6.1 again using itunes.
You dont have to go back to 6.0.1 at all.
You just gotta have your 6.1 ios installed by itunes that's all.

Should I back it up first?

Beeray

HeyKatie

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
restored my iPhone 4S and it's still not letting me jailbreak. When I open up RedSn0w the Jailbreak button is greyed out.

spotsphill

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2009
So despite being a loyal jailbreaker for the past three years I embarrassingly come to ask for help: I had my iPhone 5 on AT&T's 6.0 and decided to cave in and jump to 6.1 via iTunes restore. I backed up in iTunes and then saved my SHSH blobs for 6.0.2 and 6.1. When I went through the restore process I got error codes 11, 21, and 1600 (depending on whether I had it in DFU or not). I've restarted my MacBook several times, I've tried different cables and different USB ports and I'm out of ideas. I've also Googled a ton and haven't really found any reports of this happening today (or with the iPhone 5 at all).

Anyone know what I could have done wrong and/or what I can do to fix this so I can get my phone on 6.1? Thanks!

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
So despite being a loyal jailbreaker for the past three years I embarrassingly come to ask for help: I had my iPhone 5 on AT&T's 6.0 and decided to cave in and jump to 6.1 via iTunes restore. I backed up in iTunes and then saved my SHSH blobs for 6.0.2 and 6.1. When I went through the restore process I got error codes 11, 21, and 1600 (depending on whether I had it in DFU or not). I've restarted my MacBook several times, I've tried different cables and different USB ports and I'm out of ideas. I've also Googled a ton and haven't really found any reports of this happening today (or with the iPhone 5 at all).

Anyone know what I could have done wrong and/or what I can do to fix this so I can get my phone on 6.1? Thanks!

You can restore it using another computer and then when done plug it back to your macbook and sync all your stuff back.

restored my iPhone 4S and it's still not letting me jailbreak. When I open up RedSn0w the Jailbreak button is greyed out.

That will be because there is no JB available yet Katie.
The latest redsnow does NOT JB an iphone 4S on 6.1
The program that will do it will be released shortly within days.
Untill then hang tight:)

shareef777

Suspended
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL

Check your hosts file to verify that it's not overriding Apple's servers with Cydia.

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
thanks AJ for all the help here. I've noticed you've been extremely patient with your responses. I'll be using your tips to update to 6.1 once i get back home from work, and i already know what to do (thanks to you) :D

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Why is OTA update ~94MB while going the iTunes route the update is 900MB+?

bohemianboy

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2008
I don't know what to do guys :S I'm away in work for 2 weeks without access to my Mac! Should I do an OTA update just to have 6.1 before apple stops signing it? Would apple release a 6.1.1 before feb 10th?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Probably not, you can JB on any 6.x firmware, you can also upgrade OTA it won't effect the JB, only your abillity to re-restore or downgrade after 6.1.x comes out.

ali3a

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
Need Help...

hello...im celulller+wifi 32gb ipad4 user have update via OTA.
what should i do..?...and i want to ask if my ipad4 is model A1460 GSM or CDMA type.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
what should i do..?...and i want to ask if my ipad4 is model A1460 GSM or CDMA type.

Do a clean restore using iTunes

Who is your carrier ?
If it is a GSM carrier then your iPad is GSM.
If it is a CDMA carrier, then your iPad is CDMA

deep3lue

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
Singapore

Look at the tiny wordings on the back of your iPad. You should be able to pick out the correct model there.

Beeray

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
I had to restore my iphone thru a different computer because I ota. Is there a way to download 6.1 to my computer.

Beeray

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I feel like for most users, it's easiest to just press Restore in iTunes.

It will automatically fetch and download the proper IPSW.

A lot of "faulty" restores may be due to forum members not being sure as to which to download.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.