Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Considering getting one. Never had a leather case before. Wondering how easily it slips in+out of jeans pockets.

I had the Apple leather case for my 5s, and it was absolutely fine getting in and out of my jeans pockets (also my slacks, pants, etc.).

Provided better grip when holding, good protection, slim and easy to use.

Brandermill533

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2012
Drop Protection

I am a soon to be new Iphone user. I am coming over from Android. How well do the leather cases protect the phone in the event of a fall? I know the bottom is exposed in this version of the case and that area will be prone to damage, but will I need to be fearful of a waist high drop? Is the leather case more for looks and grip and the silicone case for drop protection? I am interested in your previous experiences with the leather case and your opinions on how the new version will fare.

Thanks

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
I've always done otterboxes on my iPhones, but with the size of the plus, I'm giving the apple leather case a try. I think it will still be thinner than my naked galaxy.

I just hope it comes in time. I ordered Saturday thinking there was plenty of time, but it's still sitting in California.

levels

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
Def grabbing one of these for my space gray 6+.

Question for space gray guys- what do you guys think about Midnight blue vs Black?

I really like the blue, but I think the black with the black face may look sleeker and also the black always shows the least amount of damage.. thoughts?

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I was just literally gonna buy one one of these from the online Apple store, HOWEVER, after adding the £35 case to my basket, it then adds another £4.80 for delivery on top making the whole case cost just under £40?!???

Sorry but NO WAY is this case worth £40.........:eek::eek::(

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
The tracking info on mine says it left California 2 days ago. It's coming cross country ups ground. If it makes it that was one hell of a long haul. I have a feeling something just got screwed up though.

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
"Soft pink" case same color as the beige 5S case

Calling this a "pink" case is going to turn a lot of people off of a case that is actually a "parchment" color or a very light beige. I had the beige for the 5S, and this is no different. Best color, IMO, but it'll wear pretty fast. I don't mind that.

629c8bfa40a6bd7a314321eb07940e7d.jpg

meihcydna

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2009
Calling this a "pink" case is going to turn a lot of people off of a case that is actually a "parchment" color or a very light beige. I had the beige for the 5S, and this is no different. Best color, IMO, but it'll wear pretty fast. I don't mind that.

looks white to me

AWDV8TT

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
That's no where near pink. I bet the patina on that will look cool.

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
This is my old beige case, after all of the dye wore off. It went through the wash(without the phone in it, thankfully)and after that had a nice worn look to it. It also saw a lot of dirt and grit. Tough case, and nothing grips like leather.

photo2.jpg

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL

Yikes, that might stay clean for a total of 17 minutes :rolleyes:

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
Yikes, that might stay clean for a total of 17 minutes :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's not the case to get if you want it to stay clean. It won't. None of of the leather ones will, except the black, and maybe the midnight blue.

luigi408

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2008
I got my black leather case today for my space gray iPhone 6 Plus. I like it. It seems well made. Not sure if I'm keeping it though.

I also have a black leather case for my iPhone 5S and it has lasted me a whole year. Has saved my iPhone from a few drops (protects great!). I do like my iPhone 5S leather case better than the 6 Plus. It's a bit thicker and covers the bottom.

I might go with a Vaja leather case if they make other designs for the iPhone 6 Plus. I want it to cover the bottom part of my phone.

If I don't go for the Vaja. I'm just keeping this case and getting another one in another color. Not sure which other color than the black would go nice with the Space Gray iPhone 6 Plus.

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
They probably left the bottom completely open to avoid this:

Well mine broke in the middle at the lightning area... had 2 do this.

I think they left the bottom open because it's too thin and rounded to cover it like on the 5/5s. Vaja cases are made the same and they typically cover just fine so I think this design will be ok.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I was just literally gonna buy one one of these from the online Apple store, HOWEVER, after adding the £35 case to my basket, it then adds another £4.80 for delivery on top making the whole case cost just under £40?!???

Sorry but NO WAY is this case worth £40.........:eek::eek::(

...this is weird?!?

Just opened the App Store app on my iPhone 5 and looked at my basket, which still contained my case from yesterday's order (which I did not complete due to the extra £4.80 delivery charge), however, today, it is showing that my order qualifies for free delivery?!?!:eek::eek: Has this changed since yesterday then?!

Anyway - pressed the button and ordered WITH free delivery!!!

:cool:

marlman

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2012
Just received my iPhone 6 Silver Grey and I think it looks great in my Apple Black Leather case!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.