Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Titfink

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2008
Let's hope they pull it off better than Lenovo did with the touch row on the x1 carbon, which they swiftly abandoned only to move back to regular buttons for the following generation.

I have to use it for work, and it's the most frustrating thing ever having the settings for the keyboard pop up, just because I brushed against it when reaching for the backspace key.

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
Dallas, TX
No MagSafe, no SD-card slot... *sigh*

Why, Apple, do you hate us?

There is still hope Apple may do something with MagSafe, but I honestly saw it coming with the 12" MB. With the do-it-all nature of the of USB-C and TB-3, it was pretty easy see Apple going all USB-C as soon as possible.

While magsafe will be missed, as more stuff USB C comes out, having all USB-C ports makes the machine much more flexible. Now, if you never use HDMI or the SD card slot, you get 2 extra USB ports you can do something else with.

hfletcher

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2008
UK
Goodbye USB-A :(

Time to buy one of those dual USB sticks.

Also, does this mean the device will need 2 thunderbolt controllers? (4 ports?)

Reactions: AleXXXa

lucasrant

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2008
Anyone else notice the up arrow key is missing? Fake?

I noticed the same thing, but the 12" macbook's keyboard layout has the up and down arrow keys fitted into one normal square keyspace. So this chassis would fit that layout.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 6.30.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 6.30.59 PM.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 246
Reactions: Queen6 and MrUNIMOG

Wowereit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2016
Germany
With the do-it-all nature of the of USB-C and TB-3, it was pretty easy see Apple going all USB-C as soon as possible.

So why have they released their first USB-C device early 2015 just to don't use it besides a maintenance port in Apple TV and like 2 chargers?

They should've switched the entire lineup including iOS devices to use at least one USB-C port per device.

Trusteft

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2014
IF TRUE.
On one hand I am glad it isn't going to be another 1 port is enough thing.
On the other, no power port? No proper arrow keys?
Not sure if this is the real thing.

kevinkyoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2016
"a total of four USB-C ports are available, with two on the left side and two on the right side. A headphone jack is also included, as are thin speaker grilles on either side of the keyboard."

Oh thank you God.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.