Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nickmor7

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
I ran into a little problem guys. I got root on my iPhone iOS 7 beta 2 and when I get on anything file system browsing program it won't show the root file system and if does not say jailed in iFunbox

Nickmor7

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
Ok I got the framework in my phone. The next thing to find out is how to open the menu.

Nickmor7

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
Ok there is either something wrong with my MacBook or my iPhone because nothing will read my root file system and I am posting on my phone so my phone is still useable but no matter what I do iFunbox does not pick up on the root files :(

Nickmor7

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
Ok i restored my iPhone to iOS 7 Beta 2 and it now shows the root file system as jailed and i am getting root access on it now:D

Nickmor7

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
Ok its all working i added the PrototypeTools.bundle and i was looking in /System/Library/CoreServices and i started seeing the icons that were in the internal settings. do i add the code in this http://pastie.org/8067977 to the springboard file?:confused:

Nickmor7

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
I have absolutely no idea where to enable this from I'm gonna need some help:confused::confused::confused:

jsd007

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2013
Can I do anything to help. I am a dev, with access to a iPhone 4 on iOS 7 and I have read/write access. Let me know!

As a side note without installing any of the new frameworks or bundles my core services folder has the icons already present.

Nickmor7

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
Can I do anything to help. I am a dev, with access to a iPhone 4 on iOS 7 and I have read/write access. Let me know!

As a side note without installing any of the new frameworks or bundles my core services folder has the icons already present.
Ok good we got more help! I have a iPhone 4 to iOS 7 beta 2 and i have R/W access. The first thing you need to do is get the prototype settings framework into your phone. You can find the prototype settings in Xcode Dp2 or Dp1 in /Applications/Xcode/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS7.0.sdk/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks and the look for PrototypeTools.framework. We just need to figure out how to enable it!

p.s. In the Private frameworks folder i found internal settings.framework is that important at all?:D

Last edited:

maverick808

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2004
Scotland
If you have write access and have copied of the prototype settings framework to the correct location, then perhaps all you have to do is create the internal settings bundle at...

/AppleInternal/Library/PreferenceBundles/Internal Settings.bundle

The pastie from earlier stated that it checks for the existence of this bundle. If that is all it does, and it doesn't read anything from it, then you could try either just touching the bundle to create it, or renaming and copying any old bundle to that location.

Nickmor7

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
If you have write access and have copied of the prototype settings framework to the correct location, then perhaps all you have to do is create the internal settings bundle at...

The pastie from earlier stated that it checks for the existence of this bundle. If that is all it does, and it doesn't read anything from it, then you could try either just touching the bundle to create it, or renaming and copying any old bundle to that location.

I already have the all of the AppleInternal stuff.:D i just don't know how to get it to pop up

Nickmor7

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
In the Internal Settings.bundle is there a plist with any useful looking settings?

Oh i just created the directory i don't have any files but like i said before in xCode there is a framework that is named Internal Setting.framework i wonder if that has anything to with it. I don't have my hands on the AppleInternal files if you know anyone who could give them to me i would be grateful:D

Nickmor7

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013

I will try to rename the settings bundle or something and I will see if that works

Edit:
It did not work after adding /AppleInternal/Library/Internal Settings.bundle the settings always crashes but I put in carrier settings.bundle and I now have a section in settings that says carrier setting but with nothing there obviously because it is just a empty folder.

Last edited:

jsd007

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2013
Ok good we got more help! I have a iPhone 4 to iOS 7 beta 2 and i have R/W access. The first thing you need to do is get the prototype settings framework into your phone. You can find the prototype settings in Xcode Dp2 or Dp1 in /Applications/Xcode/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS7.0.sdk/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks and the look for PrototypeTools.framework. We just need to figure out how to enable it!

p.s. In the Private frameworks folder i found internal settings.framework is that important at all?:D

Cool thanks! Quick question before i get into this more. It shouldnt be a problem to update to beta 3 right?

Nickmor7

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
Cool thanks! Quick question before i get into this more. It shouldnt be a problem to update to beta 3 right?

No i don't think it will be a problem it will only add stuff to the internal settings because Hamzasood said that when he updated to beta 2 it added more settings so go right ahead!:D I am updating now too.

Edit:
I was also wondering if there is a way to enable parallax and dynamic wallpapers on iPhone 4?

Last edited:

jsd007

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2013
No i don't think it will be a problem it will only add stuff to the internal settings because Hamzasood said that when he updated to beta 2 it added more settings so go right ahead!:D I am updating now too.

Edit:
I was also wondering if there is a way to enable parallax and dynamic wallpapers on iPhone 4?

Cool. Im also buying a dedicated iPhone 4 to mess around with for these settings. Don't want to break my iP5.

As far as the paralax and other settings if we get these prefrences working it might be as easy as filpping a switch

Nickmor7

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
My iPhone says there was a problem updating it is probably because we have root access. I am trying again but if it does not work i will just take out the afc2 and then try to update.:eek:

jsd007

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2013
My iPhone says there was a problem updating it is probably because we have root access. I am trying again but if it does not work i will just take out the afc2 and then try to update.:eek:

Hummm same thing happened when i did a OTA. Try a update in itunes. Im out and going to be away from my laptop till later tonight so i cant help much now. Sorry.

Nickmor7

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
Hummm same thing happened when i did a OTA. Try a update in itunes. Im out and going to be away from my laptop till later tonight so i cant help much now. Sorry.

Thats fine! We haven't really found much anyway. I will update my phone with iTunes.

Edit:
Cant update your phone with iTunes. I am going to disable the root and remove the /AppleInternal Directory.

Last edited:

jsd007

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2013
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.