Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
Re: Question

Originally posted by jamilecrire
Why the hell does Dallas have 2 apple stores within 10 miles of each other?

I have yet to see the Knox Street store but the Willow Bend one is nice.

Out here in southern California, the Fashion Island and South Coast Plaza Apple Stores are also both within very short driving distance from me (only a few miles). Both of these malls are "high end" (shoppers have lots of $$), so I guess Apple feels it's worth it to be in both spots. The stores themselves are virtually identical (both with theaters).

Chef Ramen

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2002
its gonna be a madhouse at apple store crossgates! i remember for the jaguar thing there was a line halfway around the mall. w00t

rhpenguin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
London, Ontario
Im in London, Ontario, Canada. Anyone know of any Apple stores here or very close that are showing it? Is there going to be a webcast or even a telecast? I have every channel on Bell ExpressVu so hopefully im covered.

appleguru1

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2003
I'll be there...

I'll be going to either the Northshore Mall or Cambridgeside Galleria (Boston). The Chestnut Hill store is so much closer, but I haven't been there yet.. And they're not broadcasting (Too new to have a dish I guess).

In case anyone cares, I live in a town called Wellesley, a bit west of Boston...

Chomolungma

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2002
Santa Fe, NM
Going to Dallas

Originally posted by Raiden
same goes for richmond, virginia. There is capitol mac in the fan, macpro on broad street, and next year another one in the short pump mall.

I like to see them built the mall on top of Ukrop's :D ..used to live in Richmond, live in NM now.

I just might go pick up my new puppy (Border Collie) in Dallas and see the show while i'm there.:cool:

Captincork

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2003
nj
I think i will be making my way over to Tice's Conrner(woodcliff lake, nj) after my math final. Maybe if i have time i will go to the palisades mall if they are showing it, i will have to look that one up, i am so excited!

eric_n_dfw

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2002
DFW, TX, USA

I have yet to see the Knox Street store but the Willow Bend one is nice.
Put 'em where the $$ is.

I've not been to the Knox Street one but I hear it is quite a bit smaller and I don't think it has a theater. (Could be wrong though).

BTW, the two stores are about a half hour drive from each other - more in traffic.

Mr.Hey

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
I'll be going to the one in SOHO... very EARLY! :mad: The only company that I would ever consider doing this for is Apple...uh and.. Stevey. He better send me a thank you for attending hallmark card.

merge

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2002
hmmm.....

my work is right across from the Short Hills Mall in NJ..

I have training that day.. all day.. and get lunch at 12:00...

I think I may have to become a little sick after lunch... ;)

Last Apple event the staff in the mall was clueless to what was going on..
I showed up at the store and was asking about the 12" Powerbook and they had no idea what I was talking about..
That really made me feel like a geek..

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by Mr.Hey
I'll be going to the one in SOHO... very EARLY! :mad: The only company that I would ever consider doing this for is Apple...uh and.. Stevey. He better send me a thank you for attending hallmark card.

just how early are you planning on going?

StuPid QPid

macrumors member
Anybody know how full the SoHo store gets for these events. Will you be able to get within a 100 yards of the place? My guess is not.
I'll just be patient. After watching previous webcasts, I invariably end up thinking..."I've just wasted two hours for that..." - even when they announce something great. All they are is glorified marketing events. You never find out all the real details/specs outside Steve and Phil's reality distortion field 'til later anyway.
<grit teeth> be patient...

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
If Apple don't webcast the event then we all know they are not going to release the PPC970 their. If they dont do it there then it looks like we will have to wait until MacWorld SF 2004.

However, I expect Apple to announce the event at the last moment because they have never webcasted WWDC before and it would be like admitting the release of PPC970 machines.

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
Originally posted by hvfsl
If Apple don't webcast the event then we all know they are not going to release the PPC970 their. If they dont do it there then it looks like we will have to wait until MacWorld SF 2004.

Not necessarily. The iTMS launch was a big event, and it didn't have a live webcast from Apple (stream provided after the fact).

Also, if they don't announce the 970s at WWDC, they can always hold a special press event, just like the iTMS or Xserve announcements. They certainly won't have to wait until MWSF.

Nawlins

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2003
Chicago
Originally posted by iShater
I'll be taking a long lunch and going to the Woodfield Store in Schaumburg, IL. Anybody else?

Do they allow us to bring our iBooks to the store and get on their network? I remember seeing people doing that and checking the Apple Online store from their systems, and I would love to bring mine in :D

I plan on going to the Woodfield Store as well. I hope it's not too crowded - I've never been to one of these before (I'm trying to find a good Mac to buy for college).

Alex

iamlindoro

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2003
When I called the Bellevue store, the guy who answered said "try to call back the morning of the keynote, we're hoping they're gonna stream it over the web."

I asked whether they had a satellite, and they said no. I said, "So unless they webcast it to everyone, you won't be showing it, right?"

He said, "Right."

they were by far the least clear. That's why I put them down as "Not showing," because as of this moment, they aren't.

I hope to see folks in NH, to buy our new G5s tax free!!!!!

Iamlindoro

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles

I know why Los Angeles has so many Apple Stores (and another one coming to Santa Monica soon): With our traffic, it takes as long to get from one store to another as going from city to city in other areas.

I haven't yet decided whether to go to The Grove.

pretentious

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2002
"Reality"
Originally posted by tazo
dang I so would have been there :(

Oh me too :(, I was so looking forward to be able to see a Steve-note in an Apple Store when they opened last month, and now...dang.

I even called the Mac Store (form. The Computer Store)in the U, and they are not carrying the feed either, so I guess we will be back poised on or 'Refresh' buttons on our browsers while glancing at IRC again.

bobindashadows

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2002
Originally posted by Chef Ramen
its gonna be a madhouse at apple store crossgates! i remember for the jaguar thing there was a line halfway around the mall. w00t
You goin to crossgates? I missed MWSF cuz i wsa off at school, last one I saw there was the iMac intro last MWSF :mad: what time should I get there to get a seat?

iamlindoro

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2003
to those who think I wasted my time by calling rather than looking at apple.com/retail/theater, the list there is ALL of the stores, NOT those with theaters. Try calling a few of the "not showings" and you'll soon find out. :) Almost all of those are non-theater stores.

Iamlindoro.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by iamlindoro
to those who think I wasted my time by calling rather than looking at apple.com/retail/theater, the list there is ALL of the stores, NOT those with theaters. Try calling a few of the "not showings" and you'll soon find out. :) Almost all of those are non-theater stores.

Iamlindoro.

thanks for the effort Iamlindoro.

Strong work.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.