Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
Re: Argh!

Originally posted by Silencio
I could justify going to Emeryville to watch the keynote before going to a client site in Oakland, but that Apple Store is too small for a theater.

Palo Alto and San Jose Valley Fair are too far out of the way.

Guess I'll be on IRC instead.

The Bay Street Apple store is not showing the stream...

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Unfortunately at 1PM EST, I will be at work. I will however make sure I am at my desk at 1PM. Soon as those 15" AlBooks go on sale, the first one's mine!!!!!!!!!!!!

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
i wonder what will the crowd be like @ palisades? at iPod night i was first in line:D but all the other ones i was kinda on time and wound up waiting a little whlie. hpoiefully my mom can drive me and my brother! i'll be on apple.com seeing which came first. the site or the announcement:p

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
hey Arn...

Are you going to the southPoint showing?! might i get to the meet the coveted macRumors GOD!!

I'm not even sure i'll get to go, i have to see if i can get out of the office for a bit, otherwise, i hope there is a webcast!

technocoy...

fratrow

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2003
It was MSNBC...

Originally posted by evilfunkgenius
I hope that at least CNN will re-broadcast it again this time. Nothing like watching an Apple keynote on MSN Media player...

It was MSNBC... making the MSN Media Player make a bit more sense... ;)

saabmp3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Tacoma, WA
I'm going to be at the Cambridge Side Galleria store. Hopefully some other people show up .... wait.... nobody go, I want to get a good seat so I can actually see the webcast, expecially if I have to pay for parking.

BEN

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Originally posted by iamlindoro
When I called the Bellevue store, the guy who answered said "try to call back the morning of the keynote, we're hoping they're gonna stream it over the web."

I asked whether they had a satellite, and they said no. I said, "So unless they webcast it to everyone, you won't be showing it, right?"

He said, "Right."

Ah well, thanks for the info. I'll try calling again on the weekend to see if anything changed, but if they don't have a satellite, guess it's kinda pointless. If they do webcast it, I might just stay home. If they show CreatePro (or whatever they're calling it), maybe I'll make the drive.

Maybe I'll see you guys there sometime.

MacBoy88

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2003
Illinois
I WILL BE !!

Originally posted by iShater
I'll be taking a long lunch and going to the Woodfield Store in Schaumburg, IL. Anybody else?

Do they allow us to bring our iBooks to the store and get on their network? I remember seeing people doing that and checking the Apple Online store from their systems, and I would love to bring mine in :D

I will be there, I waz just there LAST weekend, I had my iBook there and used it. I am also bringing it with me. I will also be on iChat AIM = Shortay1988 Rendezvous
= Curtis Wyffels

mustang_dvs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Durham, NC
Re: Re: Keynote time

Originally posted by crees!
Is anyone going to the one in Clarendon (Arlington), Virginia?

I would love to drop by the Clarendon store, and I could probably convince my boss to accompany me (we're both self-made Mac evangelists), but I'm going to be stuck babysitting the thirteenth intern to be foisted upon me for this summer. (It's an unenthused 16 year old whose father is making him work -- and we have 13 interns and only 10 permanent staffers, ah the joys of the Washington system of patronage.)

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
Originally posted by Nawlins
I plan on going to the Woodfield Store as well. I hope it's not too crowded - I've never been to one of these before (I'm trying to find a good Mac to buy for college).

Alex

I was there for the new FP iMac release, it wasn't too bad. The cool part is that everybody around shared the excitement of watching the Keynote and waiting for the stuff, it was pretty cool.

If you are definitely going, PM me, it would be cool to other Macrumors users over there. :)

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
Re: I WILL BE !!

Originally posted by MacBoy88
I will be there, I waz just there LAST weekend, I had my iBook there and used it. I am also bringing it with me. I will also be on iChat AIM = Shortay1988 Rendezvous
= Curtis Wyffels

I will see you there then, and since I don't use iChat, look for the guy with the MacPack that. I'll probably be running VPC on one of the store PowerMacs as I always do. PM me Monday morning to confirm. I already told work I am taking a 2 hour lunch :D

viggen61

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
New Jersey
Re: Broadcast is satellite

Originally posted by shadowself
I believe most Apple stores (if not all) get their feed for these special events via satellite. So any store with an operational dish should be showing it. I don't know of any stores (nor have I heard rumors of any) which only get their special event feeds via land lines.

Last time I was at Short Hills (NJ), they were getting the MWSF feed via landline. The reason, as told to me, is they don't have access to the roof, or cannot run the feed from a dish to where the store is located in the mall.

curious0

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2003
You know...

its sad that not haing a job can be a good thing...

I guess I'll be at the Cambridgeside Galleria... see you all there

mclosers

macrumors member
May 1, 2003
Email Tech TV

If we all email tech tv and bug them I'm sure they'll show it. I'm glad they don't have jim louderback anymore to comment furing the keynote he was terrible during a macworld one once. In conclusion everyone that reads this email Tech TV and ask them to broadcast it.
I'm a lucky one i live in mclean which is about 1 mile from the Tysons apple store and 2-3 miles from the Clarendon Apple store. If no tv station is gonna show it I'll probably head to the clarendon one cause the line at tyson is gonna be crazy

crank that email up

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
the apple stores broadcasted the MWSF via landline because it was being streamed onlin also. Just wanna put that out there.

I'll get home just in time from school to make the almost one hour drive to the Palisades Apple Store. Hopefully they'll save me and my brother a seat:D

gandalf55

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2001
boston
ill be @ the northshore mall (peabody, ma) location - they have a screen. maybe i can roll out one of those kid's ball chairs - better than a bench :)

VIREBEL661

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2003
Re: No bloody fair!

Originally posted by dethl
There better be a webcast!

I live in New Mexico....and I'm not in the mood to go on a multi-hour trip to watch the stream.

TOTALLY - No showing in Nevada, either... BLAH! Webcast dammit!

jamilecrire

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2002
Re: Re: Question

Originally posted by eric_n_dfw
Put 'em where the $$ is.

I've not been to the Knox Street one but I hear it is quite a bit smaller and I don't think it has a theater. (Could be wrong though).

BTW, the two stores are about a half hour drive from each other - more in traffic.

Park to I-75? 10 minutes. Now if you're saying during rush hour then 30-45 minutes but I don't shop during rush hour in Dallas.

I love shopping in Dallas but it is one of the worst cities to live in. There is a reason Austin is on average 5-7 degrees cooler in the summer, trees.

MacCutie

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2003
here's the scoop:

the larger stores with theaters will be showing the broadcast via satellite. stores without theaters do not have satellite.

the only exception is short hills in new jersey. they have a theater but do not have satellite. if there is a web stream, i bet they'll show it. if not, then the keynote will not be shown there. (sounds like he may have talked to someone at the store who was misinformed.) i think the list should be amended.

for mwsf, the theater/satellite stores showed the broadcast via satellite, and the stores without theater/satellite broadcast the webstream.

stores without theaters, like millenia, are listed on the theater page as they do still have presentations and workshops.

locations other than apple stores will not being showing the event unless there is a public webstream.

keynote broadcasts are nowhere near as popular as the evening events which have discounts and giveaways. still, if you want a seat, you should show up an hour early.

i hope this helps to clear things up. you can refer to this info for all future keynotes as well.

- mac cutie

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
ok. how early am i allowed to go to the apple store for the keynote before being considered a total loser? and how early is necessary?

If you're going to think like that, you may as well not go. ;) But if you don't mind being a loser that day, go 2 hours early. Pretend you're lining up for Matrix Reloaded again, except this time you won't be disappointed. :cool:

WOW!!!!

Originally posted by MacCutie
here's the scoop:

the larger stores with theaters will be showing the broadcast via satellite. stores without theaters do not have a satellite.

<snip>

- mac cutie

< extreme kidding on >
Wow! Almost all the Mac stores with theaters have their own satellite? That's why Macs cost more! When Apple puts in a Mac store they buy, launch and operate a satellite for each one. At $200+ million for build, launch, insure, one year of opreations, etc. for a modern commecial communications satellite that's a huge investment for Apple!
< extreme kidding off >

(It's what I do in real life -- design, build and launch special geostationary satellites -- so the phrasing by mac cutie above just struck me as very, very funny. I just couldn't resist commenting!)

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
I'll probably be heading down to the Biltmore in Arizona, is anyone else going to be there? I didn't think there was as big a Mac following in Arizona, but does anyone know if it would be crowded there?

Java

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2003
Marin County (where else?)
Re: Re: Argh!

Originally posted by applemacdude
The Bay Street Apple store is not showing the stream...

Its a bummer the the Bay Street store in Emeryville is not broadcasting. Living in the North Bay of San Francisco bay area, it is the closest easiest to get to.

Come on Steve, show it at Bay Street.

Hopefully they'll provide a feed online.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.