Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacCutie

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2003
Re: WOW!!!!

Originally posted by shadowself
< extreme kidding on >
Wow! Almost all the Mac stores with theaters have their own satellite?

<-- snip ==>

someone is a smarty pants!

the use of "satellite" to denote "satellite uplink" or "satellite dish" has entered the vernacular and is in very common use. better get used to it!

:p
;)

Re: Re: WOW!!!!

Originally posted by MacCutie
someone is a smarty pants!

the use of "satellite" to denote "satellite uplink" or "satellite dish" has entered the vernacular and is in very common use. better get used to it!

:p
;)

Yeah, that's why when I'm at social events and I tell people what I do they often ask if I can get them a really good deal on one of those. I have to then explain, "No, I do the other end. The pieces about 22,300 miles above the equator".

:)

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
my uncle thinks they might stream it, just not li8ve. i want to see it and not read anything. anything that has a title WWDC i am not reading untill i see the announcement!

Alexander

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2003
Palo Alto, CA
Re: WOW!!!!

Originally posted by shadowself
< extreme kidding on >
Wow! Almost all the Mac stores with theaters have their own satellite? That's why Macs cost more! When Apple puts in a Mac store they buy, launch and operate a satellite for each one. At $200+ million for build, launch, insure, one year of opreations, etc. for a modern commecial communications satellite that's a huge investment for Apple!
< extreme kidding off >

Yup, it's Airport SuperDoubleXtreme. ;)

Vernacular, shmernacular. It's just people being stupid. :(

Alex

coumerelli

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2003
state of confusion.
Originally posted by iShater
I'll be taking a long lunch and going to the Woodfield Store in Schaumburg, IL. Anybody else?

Oh yeah! My wife and I are coming from Madison, WI! I hope to be there at LEAST by 11. That should get us in the door at least. (We'll be the ones with the kid -she's one year old).

Man, is this gonna be great! :cool: :D :cool:

Mike

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
Originally posted by coumerelli
Oh yeah! My wife and I are coming from Madison, WI! I hope to be there at LEAST by 11. That should get us in the door at least. (We'll be the ones with the kid -she's one year old).

Man, is this gonna be great! :cool: :D :cool:

Mike

That is soooooo funny, we are all making like a pligrimage to the Apple Store.

Mental note, "Look for Mike with the kid from WI" :D

coumerelli

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2003
state of confusion.
Schaumburg - 1100 hours

Originally posted by iShater
That is soooooo funny, we are all making like a pligrimage to the Apple Store.

Mental note, "Look for Mike with the kid from WI" :D

Hey, it would be great if any/everyone from macrumors picked a corner and just hung out and talked to kill the time. If anyone is familiar with the layout of the store, pick a spot and I'll be there!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.