Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwpix36e

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
Northeast Florida
almost here

Order Date [EDU store]: Jan 30, 2008 at 08:31 PM PST
Prepared for Shipment: Feb 11, 2008 5pm EST
Shipped: Feb 12, 2008 approx 12am EST

Snap1.jpg

Can't wait. Thanks everyone for sharing their shipment status.

srt4cane

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2007
Bwpix, looks like we're on the same exact flight, my fedex details are identical to yours. I'm also in Fl (miami). Should we expect a thursday delivery?

dyerucf

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Alpharetta, GA
Bwpix, looks like we're on the same exact flight, my fedex details are identical to yours. I'm also in Fl (miami). Should we expect a thursday delivery?

I am in Orlando, is that the latest flight information, if you goto flightstats.com you can search airport codes and try to find your actual flight information, its pretty fun to actually watch your flight live every once in a while over the course of the night and see where its at, right now mine is traveling 595MPH, 37000ft, over grand prairie heading to Memphis

SouvenirCity

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
the thing i really want to know is, who has bought the Solid State outfitted one, and basically turned their soul over to Steve :)

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
I hate waiting for apple's products to ship; they always get delayed and the people who buy at retail usually end up getting their stuff faster than even 'express' shipping people. And here in Canada, we don't even have apple stores except for like 3. I haven't even seen an Air yet and won't be able to until this Friday, 2 weeks after it's supposed to come out!

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
I hate waiting for apple's products to ship; they always get delayed and the people who buy at retail usually end up getting their stuff faster than even 'express' shipping people. And here in Canada, we don't even have apple stores except for like 3. I haven't even seen an Air yet and won't be able to until this Friday, 2 weeks after it's supposed to come out!

I KNOW! And then you finally get your STUPID macbook air... and it STOPS working!!!!

maestrokev

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2007
Canada

Best Buy in Vancouver has tons in stock, most retailers got stock last week.

swedefish

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2008
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I ordered my 1.6 HDD MBA + Superdrive, ethernet dongle, and extra adapter earlier today.

Can't wait to upgrade from my ancient PB G4 (almost 4.5 years old now and stil running 10.3).

I plan on making the MBA my primary computer for the time being. However, if Apple ever decides to update the Mac Mini, I think I will get myself one of those as well.

orangeandwhite

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2008
My Amazon order went to "shipping soon" -- estimated delivery tomorrow.

$1708.29 total... no tax... overnight shipping. Good deal in my view.

dyerucf

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Alpharetta, GA
Its Here

Mine arrived about an hour ago, Cant seem to get remote disk to work. Will have to do the clean install from home somehow I guess. Not sure how thats going to work. @ work and cant really play with it.

Thanks to all, the wait is finally over, those of you still waiting good luck and I hope you are all as happy as I am real soon.

rdbarnes

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2007
Sad news for me this morning

1.80GHz/64GB SSD
Order Date: Jan 22, 2008 at 10:36AM PST

Originally said "Ships by: Feb 12"

As of today: "Ships by: Mar 6" What happened to 2-3 weeks???

On the plus side I am having fun looking at my USB ethernet adapter and micro-dvi to video adapters

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.