Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
There's no consistent way to get notifications to show on Widget view. I've tried the above settings, and it works for a time, then disappears. I *had* notifications on my Widget view for a time, but then I deleted all preferences and reinstalled to test if that was correct, and now it doesn't work when I apply the same settings.

It's clear that this is an unintended bug, otherwise he'd likely make a clear toggle for the option.

HyQuality

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
NYC
Ok. Interesting. Every time I shut OFF the Weather Widget settings:

• Lockinfo -> Notifications and Widgets -> Weather Widget -> Notification Center -> OFF
  • Lockinfo -> Notifications and Widgets -> Weather Widget -> View In Lock Screen -> OFF
  • Lockinfo -> Notifications and Widgets -> Weather Widget -> Notification Center/Show Clock -> OFF

And then respring, and then turn them back to ON, I start getting the Notifications on the Widget page. I can seem to reproduce this at will now. After that, it doesn't seem to matter what I set the settings to, they stay on the Widget page, until I respring/reboot.

I think this is a bug, but one that I actually like, as it give me close to LI4 functionality in LI5. Just make sure you have the default page set to Widgets!

Not working for me.

1swift

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2010
LI5 is extremely dissapointing

Infoshade was much more attractive and useable than Notification center in how it handled notifications (Especially with mail) and now its gone?

Having more than 2 emails makes NC so ugly....unfortunate...Guess I'll have to bite the bullet for ISX

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
Anyone know how to remove the colored dots from the Calendar Widget?

I don't think you can in Lockinfo. But I do know that IntelliscreenX 6 does not have them. Unlike you, I WANTED them on my calendar, which is why i uninstalled ISX6 and am trying so hard to get LockInfo to work. Otherwise, I'd likely be happy with ISX6, but I need to see which calendar each event is from.

----------

There's no consistent way to get notifications to show on Widget view. I've tried the above settings, and it works for a time, then disappears. I *had* notifications on my Widget view for a time, but then I deleted all preferences and reinstalled to test if that was correct, and now it doesn't work when I apply the same settings.

It's clear that this is an unintended bug, otherwise he'd likely make a clear toggle for the option.

I think you're absolutely right. I don't think the dev ever intended for us to get Notifications on the Widget screen. But I can seem to reproduce it now, based on my settings and steps outlined in my few previous posts. And as long as I don't reboot or respring, I can get it to stay. So I guess I'll have to live with that for now!

----------

Not working for me.

What version of LI are you running? How are your other settings configured? See my post #358 with the 5 screenshots. Are all your other settings set exactly the same as how I have them? How about your order of Notifications and Alert Type for each?

I think getting it to work is a balancing act. I think things have to be a certain way to get the bug to reproduce and display this way, and if one setting is different, it doesn't materialize.

HyQuality

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
NYC
What version of LI are you running? How are your other settings configured? See my post #358 with the 5 screenshots. Are all your other settings set exactly the same as how I have them? How about your order of Notifications and Alert Type for each?

I think getting it to work is a balancing act. I think things have to be a certain way to get the bug to reproduce and display this way, and if one setting is different, it doesn't materialize.

Yup, all of my settings are exactly the same. I'm running the latest version of the alpha - 5.0.0.14-45

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
Yup, all of my settings are exactly the same. I'm running the latest version of the alpha - 5.0.0.14-45

And if you remove the Weather Widget from the NC by turning off the three settings, then respring, and then turn all three Weather Widget settings back on, it doesn't show the Notifications? Can you post a screen shot of what your screen looks like, and maybe your settings pages (similar to the ones I posted)?

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
A lot of playing around gets me this

epepu2y3.jpg

Which is almost exactly what i want But

A) it's not stable and keeps changing its mind

B) it's the wrong clock, I want the big one without the weather

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010

I think I can help you on B. In the Weather Widget settings, set the Lock Screen Clock/Show Weather toggle to OFF. That should give you the big clock instead of the small one with the weather.

jamesapp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
Hello.

Does anyone know if there is a date that when expanded shows the whole month with numbers with the current day highlighted? Is there anyway to get that in lockinfo 5?

bsquarewi

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2011
Hello.

Does anyone know if there is a date that when expanded shows the whole month with numbers with the current day highlighted? Is there anyway to get that in lockinfo 5?

Calendar for Notification center from Cydia. Granted, it's always "expanded" but you can just add it to your widget's for LockScreen like this:

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    71.8 KB · Views: 766

bsquarewi

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2011
Do you know how to move it to the top?

Go into Settings -> Notifications -> <Edit> (up in the uppper right) and then drag it up to the top or below the Weather Widget as I have in mine here.

Attachments

• photo (Small).PNG
    photo (Small).PNG
    106.6 KB · Views: 68

newskin

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
I keep forgetting the source to get the alpha's something dbt.technologies.com/apt? Any help appreciated.

vtmikevt

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
LI5 is extremely dissapointing

Infoshade was much more attractive and useable than Notification center in how it handled notifications (Especially with mail) and now its gone?

Having more than 2 emails makes NC so ugly....unfortunate...Guess I'll have to bite the bullet for ISX

you won't turn back. I was with lockinfo from the very earliest versions. ISX is far superior since LI5 decided to just be the notification center on your lockscreen with widgets.

dblue4life

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
So just a summary of what i've learned so far reading this thread on LockInfo 5. Most of us are frustrated about and the changes that have occurred in the only version available of LockInfo on iOS 6. Just like when there seems that is hope that we can get things to almost be how they were before thanks to a bug as kmichalec noted earlier.

Ok. Interesting. Every time I shut OFF the Weather Widget settings:
Lockinfo -> Notifications and Widgets -> Weather Widget -> Notification Center -> OFF
Lockinfo -> Notifications and Widgets -> Weather Widget -> View In Lock Screen -> OFF
Lockinfo -> Notifications and Widgets -> Weather Widget -> Notification Center/Show Clock -> OFF

And then respring, and then turn them back to ON, I start getting the Notifications on the Widget page. I can seem to reproduce this at will now. After that, it doesn't seem to matter what I set the settings to, they stay on the Widget page, until I respring/reboot.

I think this is a bug, but one that I actually like, as it give me close to LI4 functionality in LI5. Just make sure you have the default page set to Widgets!

You end up with this result were Notifications also appear in the widgets section and are collapsable along with them being in the Notification Bar.

attachment.php

Because of sections in the widgets being collapsable i believe that this is all we have left of the infoshade now along with it also now actually being mixed with notification center when the phone is already unlocked because those notifications are also collapsable and you can almost make it look like the old lockinfo.

attachment.php

When you have Notifications shown on your lock screen you cannot simply tap the notification to get launched into the app but must slide the icon to the right just how notification work on the lock screen if your device wasn't jailbroken. It's the only way I'm able to ever get the calendar to show anythings there because of a calendar reminder.

attachment.php

Lastly although at first i was frustrated about all the changes to LockInfo over time i've gotten more comfortable setting things up. Sure there are still some things that i would like to see just as options but i'll email David with some suggestion and some of the ones i come across here. Even though in his long post earlier about why he changed things to catch up on the times and not to expect anything like the past versions we can still have hope when i was reading one twitter conversation he had yesterday with another guy.

attachment.php

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011

How did you get Mail to show in the widgets? I can't for the life of me find a widget that does that or the settings to activate it...

Edit: Huh... I got it to show up when receiving an e-mail once, but I can't recreate it. Anyway, what I was looking for was a kind of preview of the five or so newest e-mails, read or not, like the old info shade... Guess this wasn't it :)

Last edited:

newskin

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Just bumping my old thread but was wondering if anyone knew how to theme the bar where the notification icons appear. Not the statusbar but the one under the clock, thx all

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
BiteSMS/LockInfo weirdness

Here's an odd one. I have BiteSMS configured to not show the QuickReply on the lockscreen, so that I can just see the message in LockInfo and touch it to get the QR.

1. Receive message while locked.
  2. Select message filter in LI
  3. Touch message - QR pops up...good
  4. "Close" message in QR
  5. Slide to unlock - QR for message reappears!
  6. "Close" message - lockscreen with nothing but clock/weather
  7. #5 again
  8. #6 again
  9. #5 again
  10. "Delete" message in QR
  11. Slide to unlock - lock sticks on right side of slider
  12. Click lock button on top of iPhone
  13. Push "Home" button - back to normal

Dizle

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2008
The Beach
I hate the new lockinfo, so many less options! Why can't I make it pull down from my lockscreen on the very top ( status bar) just like info center?? It doesn't work with my lockscreen theme currently it pulls down from the stock lock location.

1swift

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2010
I am sure David understands this. But thanks for being the bazillionth person to post it.

No problem. There's power in numbers!!!

But actually...Still giving it a shot but LI5 is crashing on me when I open an app from its notification in the lock screen...Anyone else having this trouble.

It's with common apps like Words with Friends and I've nothing else on the Lock screen other than Forecast...strange

Though the Jailbreak itself seems a little bit buggy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.