Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Has your Jan. order shipped yet?

• Total voters

RonOot

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I just called Apple for the 4th time about this. They told me that the graphics card (8800) is what is holding the process up. I explained that in a previous call they assured me these are being shipped on a first-come first-serve basis, and that many other people who have ordered machines with this card after me have already received theirs. The apple rep told me that those people had obviously ordered theirs before me... I also asked about quicker shipping and was told there is nothing they can do for me.

I'm more than a little annoyed with this...

XianPalin

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
I just called Apple for the 4th time about this. They told me that the graphics card (8800) is what is holding the process up. I explained that in a previous call they assured me these are being shipped on a first-come first-serve basis, and that many other people who have ordered machines with this card after me have already received theirs. The apple rep told me that those people had obviously ordered theirs before me... I also asked about quicker shipping and was told there is nothing they can do for me.

I'm more than a little annoyed with this...

Call back later and get someone else. I called and ask for 150 off and was told they knew nothing about it and neither did the manager. Called later in the day and a lady instantly told me she could do it for me.

RonOot

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Yeah, tried again and nothing. I even tried the "Chat Now" feature in the Apple Store, but I think that is a bot...

I bet they have me blacklisted

XianPalin

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Well, I thought I was getting closer but mine has been "Prepared to Ship" for over 22 hours now! :rolleyes:

No crap, mine went to prepared to ship last night and I was expecting it to change to "shipped" some time throughout the day but still nothing :confused:

If it doesn't ship soon I am not gonna be happy :p

MrPDaddyHimself

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2008
I was told to call back tomorrow (My original 5 week ship date) and if it didn't ship, then they would give me a $200 discount. Woopee. Let's see, that's exactly a .025% discount. Wow. Now I feel special. Evidently mine was ordered through the small business unit of Apple. Not sure if that makes a difference. But what it does tells me is that Apple isn't too interested in seeing small businesses thrive and succeed. I told them to put it on record that I was not happy. Especially since I received a survey asking me how I liked my new Mac! All they could tell me was that it appeared as though it was being built and there wasn't any specific item shown to be out of stock or holding it up. Thanks Apple. You've managed to piss off one of your loyal customers without even shipping them a machine. Nice...very nice....

I'm starting to feel like a Whiner. But its tough when you see people ordering a week ago and already getting a ship notice.

Ordered Jan 8. Ship date Feb 14. Due to arrive Feb 15 due to expedited shipping they've offered me. $200 discount if they don't ship tomorrow.
3.2, 8800gt, WiFi, RAID Card, 4 1-TB drives with 16 GB Ram currently collecting dust. Priceless.

eyecool

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
this sucks!!!! 24 hours of prepared for shipment. I'm too tired to stay up until midnight. If the ships by date of 13th comes and goes w/o it shipping, I'm taking no prisoners. Our January orders are a joke!

MrPDaddyHimself

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2008
5 minutes until the 14th. If I could take wagers I'd make a fortune. Why is Texas getting the thumbscrew eyecool? Is it because Gore's on the board?

macman500

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2008
Still waiting

I ordered first thing on January 8th at 8am and my Mac Pro was supposed to ship YESTERDAY.

Two 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeo
4GB (4x1GB)
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb
Two 16x SuperDrives
AirPort Extreme Card (Wi-Fi)
APPLE MIGHTY MOUSE
WIRED KYBRD/MAC OS X
Country Kit

Talk about annoying. Makes me want to cancel the order and order a Dell...

kannonbal

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2006
I've been "prepared to ship" now for 14 hours.

It did feel like we were getting closer there for a minute.

That feeling has since warn off. :mad:

MrPDaddyHimself

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2008
I ordered first thing on January 8th at 8am and my Mac Pro was supposed to ship YESTERDAY.

4GB (4x1GB)
Two 16x SuperDrives
APPLE MIGHTY MOUSE
WIRED KYBRD/MAC OS X
Country Kit

Talk about annoying. Makes me want to cancel the order and order a Dell...

I wonder if its the 1TB drives holding us up? This doesn't look good. Doesn't look good at all....@$%^@*!#^&*

kannonbal

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2006
SHIPPED!!!!

Email 5 minutes ago from Apple.

Left Fullerton CA at 7:40 Feb 13.

OMG! I can't believe I finally got the email I have been waiting for for a week.

That is one sweet tracking number!

Original ship date was Feb 15, so they beat it by a day and a half.

Don't give up hope guys, it will happen for you too!

eyecool

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
I JUST got the shipping notification email, as I was emailing sjobs@apple.com. I went ahead and sent the email anyway. Hopefully the customer service ppl that monitor his email will say something other than "your order already shipped @#$hole".

even though the shipping email just came in, the package left Fullerton, CA at 4:41pm.

Hopefully more of you with "prepared for shipment" are getting the emails right now. Hopefully those of you with "not yet shipped" are getting "prepared for shipment" now.

Something weird did happen on the order page. Now it shows my Apple Care and Time Capsule as "not yet shipped", the printer as "shipped" but the Mac Pro has completely disappeared from the page.

macman500

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2008
Order delayed a week

re:

4GB (4x1GB)
Two 16x SuperDrives
APPLE MIGHTY MOUSE
WIRED KYBRD/MAC OS X
Country Kit

Now my order has been delayed a WEEK.

Ships by: 20 Feb - 22 Feb
Delivers by: 22 Feb - 29 Feb

Used to be

Ships by: 13 Feb
Delivers by: 20 Feb

I really might have to cancel this for work reasons. Can't wait any longer.

macman500

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2008
This is ridiculous

BTW, I tried placing the exact same order again on a friend's account to see what shipping date he would receive.

Delivers by: 28 Feb - 5 Mar

Is there no queue system at all? I ordered on JANUARY 8TH!

XianPalin

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
No crap, mine went to prepared to ship last night and I was expecting it to change to "shipped" some time throughout the day but still nothing :confused:

If it doesn't ship soon I am not gonna be happy :p

I checked my order status this morning not expecting a thing other than "prepared to ship" still, but was pleasantly surprised to see it shipped yesterday and has already made its way across the country :D :D

LeKiD

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2007
re:

4GB (4x1GB)
Two 16x SuperDrives
APPLE MIGHTY MOUSE
WIRED KYBRD/MAC OS X
Country Kit

Now my order has been delayed a WEEK.

Delivers by: 22 Feb - 29 Feb

Used to be

Ships by: 13 Feb
Delivers by: 20 Feb

I really might have to cancel this for work reasons. Can't wait any longer.

I really understand your pain since I'm also waiting. They are delaying it a week more and you ordered on the 8th!? Call them and try to get them to offer you something... I'm really going to ask them to throw something in... I know you need one right now but use your disadvantage to your advantage. Update us on your situation.

LeKiD

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2007
Hey guys, lets try to figure out why we are the unlucky ones :)

Ordered Jan 16th

2GB (2x1GB)12/08
500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb
One 16x SuperDrive
APPLE MIGHTY MOUSE12/08
WIRED KYBRD/MAC OS X
Country Kit

EDIT: My order finally moved to 'Prepped for shipment' on 2/12/08

I'm sure there is absolutely no real reason for us to be put at the end of the queue. I'm pretty sure it's aleatory. People ordered the same thing but got different shipping time... there's no real answer.

Banacek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
I'm sure there is absolutely no real reason for us to be put at the end of the queue. I'm pretty sure it's aleatory. People ordered the same thing but got different shipping time... there's no real answer.

I know, although I lean towards the HD being the issue on a lot of orders. Just a hunch though.

aLoC

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2006
Apple do not ship on a first come first served basis. Even way back when the Power Mac G5 first came out, people who pre-ordered were still waiting while anyone could just walk in off the street at the Apple Store and get one.

People who have been Apple customers for many years *eventually* learn that you do not pre-order no matter how excited you feel.

LeKiD

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2007
I know, although I lean towards the HD being the issue on a lot of orders. Just a hunch though.

All sorts of HD's have been delivered from 320 to 1TB. There is simply nothing to understand to their shipping methods.

AviationFan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Finally, finally I am seeing a "Prepared for shipment" this morning. Not sure how long it's been like that; last time I checked last night, there was still nothing. This is for an order placed on 8/15 - "ships by 2/21", so it's a week early (well, "early" by Apple's original estimate).

2.8GHz, 1TB hard drive, 8800GT, and second superdrive. Otherwise all base specs.

- Martin, looking forward to next week :)

macman500

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2008
Gave me the run-around

I called Apple today about the order (listed above) that was supposed to ship on Feb. 13 but which has been delayed a week.

He tried to see if any of the components are holding it up. Turns out they aren't. Not the 8800, not the 1TB drives, not the memory, not anything.

I asked why my order, placed on Jan. 8, was getting serviced BEHIND so many other orders placed later. He said there was no explanation and offered me $100 for my trouble. He also told me that it could get prepared anytime between now and Feb. 20.

I just let out an exasperated sigh and said thank you.

Whatever.

TripleCore

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2007
I called Apple today about the order (listed above) that was supposed to ship on Feb. 13 but which has been delayed a week.

He tried to see if any of the components are holding it up. Turns out they aren't. Not the 8800, not the 1TB drives, not the memory, not anything.

I asked why my order, placed on Jan. 8, was getting serviced BEHIND so many other orders placed later. He said there was no explanation and offered me $100 for my trouble. He also told me that it could get prepared anytime between now and Feb. 20.

I just let out an exasperated sigh and said thank you.

Whatever.

The reps I spoke with are in total denial about the screwed up order. Glad you got a break.

plaine300

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Charleston, SC
bumped

My order just got pushed back a week as well, which is funny, because I called Apple yesterday and he said that my order was scheduled to ship yesterday and was all but headed out the door. He gave me $50 for my trouble. I was happy with that, but now that I get notice that I've been pushed from the 13th to the 21st, feels like I got lied to about it being shipped out yesterday as he told me.

Between this Mac Pro delay, the iPhone mess and this bulging battery issue that they still have yet to resolve on my laptop, it feels like Apple is headed the way of Microsoft when it comes to quality products and good customer service. I'm not jumping ship anytime soon, but for as great of a year its been for Apple with new toys, they've really dropped the ball several times in big ways.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.