Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Has your Jan. order shipped yet?

• Total voters

Jebaloo

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
Picture_1.png

I posted this image in another thread. There are too many threads!

Wondering if anyone knew what this means? It used to say estimated delivery 17th, until today when it changed to the 12th, and today is the 14th!

macman500

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2008
I cancelled my earlier order and I've just ordered the default system with the 8800... I'm just going to kit it out myself when it comes. Much cheaper I think.

investorman

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2007
One of the last Jan orders?????????????

Am I one of the last that have not even been advised that my order has even shipped with an order date of 1/17 or earlier????

AviationFan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Finally, finally I am seeing a "Prepared for shipment" this morning. Not sure how long it's been like that; last time I checked last night, there was still nothing. This is for an order placed on 8/15 - "ships by 2/21", so it's a week early (well, "early" by Apple's original estimate).

2.8GHz, 1TB hard drive, 8800GT, and second superdrive. Otherwise all base specs.
Just got the shipping notice! I AM EXCITED!!! :D

Now I'll have to sweet-talk the local FedEx guys into NOT loading it into a truck on Monday (2-day air), but instead let me pick it up Saturday morning...

- Martin

hokpwah

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2008
Running out of time Apple

Ordered 1/9 and still says not yet shipped. Called Apple only to be told that "technically" Apple has until 11:59PM to fulfill their obligation.
It's an amusing reply, but I was not very amused.
Guess I gotta keep hope alive. . .

H

Order Date: Jan 9, 2008 at 12:58 PM PST
Not yet shipped

Custom configuration| Hide
Two 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeo
2GB (2x1GB)
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb
One 16x SuperDrive
AirPort Extreme Card (Wi-Fi)
Apple USB Modem
APPLE WIRELESS MIGHTY MOUSE
WIRELESS KEYBD/ OS X
Country Kit

Ships by: Feb 14
Delivers by: Feb 15

MrPDaddyHimself

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2008
Ordered 1/9 and still says not yet shipped. Called Apple only to be told that "technically" Apple has until 11:59PM to fulfill their obligation.
It's an amusing reply, but I was not very amused.
Guess I gotta keep hope alive. . .

H

Order Date: Jan 9, 2008 at 12:58 PM PST
Not yet shipped

Custom configuration| Hide
Two 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeo
2GB (2x1GB)
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
500GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb
One 16x SuperDrive
AirPort Extreme Card (Wi-Fi)
Apple USB Modem
APPLE WIRELESS MIGHTY MOUSE
WIRELESS KEYBD/ OS X
Country Kit

Ships by: Feb 14
Delivers by: Feb 15

Same thing happened to me. Credit card supposedly didn't go through. Cleared up first thing this morning. Now says:

Prepared for Shipment
Product Qty.
MAC PRO CTO
Custom configured
Ships by: Feb 20 - Feb 22
Delivers by: Feb 21 - Feb 25

Just great. Now I get a range of dates. Somebody pull the nails out of my hands?

eyecool

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
still having problems? email Steve Jobs

If you're having problems with your January order, email sjobs@apple.com with your feedback. Within a business day an Apple Online Sales Executive will call to try and make you happy. These guys can get a lot more done than any Customer Service Rep u get on the phone by calling APple.

investorman

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2007
Took the advice of a member

E mailed Steve Jobs concerning delay on my oder of 1/17...Awaiting a response.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

rouxeny

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2008
Augh.

Missed the FedEx guy today because I had to run around and get Valentine's Day stuff. I knew I didn't like this holiday for a reason!

Hopefully he'll come early tomorrow.

eyecool

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Yeah, I was excited today when the package arrived directly to the Fort Worth FedEx facility. For some obtuse reason, they sent it to their Dallas sorting facility. That's where it is right now. That means they have to get it back on a truck back to Fort Worth and deliver it. According to FedEx.com they estimate delivery by 7pm tomorrow night.

If you mailed Steve Jobs, someone will get in touch with you. The guy I talked to was in Austin, Texas. He has a direct line and told me to call him anytime. I still have a "not shipped yet" Time Capsule, lol.

MaddMacs

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Flagstaff, Az
Success!

I got mine yesterday! Happy Valentines day! Ordered Jan 9th. Already up and running. Lighting fast! Hang in there guys. It was a battle.

Einz

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2008
Ordered on Feb 10th and shipped on the 12th. It's a basic 2.8 8-core with 8800GT. Go figure?

The initial date was :

Ships by: Feb 21 - Feb 26

Delivers by: Feb 25 - Mar 3

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I am freaking happy as hell.... My computer wasn't expected to ship until the end of the month... Check my email this morning and what do you know... There was a shipping notification!!!!!!!!! Heck yeah!!!!!!!

Was supposed to ship on the 27/28th, but shipped on the 14th!!!!!! Oh man I can't wait!!! Can't freaking wait!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

MrPDaddyHimself

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2008
I am freaking happy as hell.... My computer wasn't expected to ship until the end of the month... Check my email this morning and what do you know... There was a shipping notification!!!!!!!!! Heck yeah!!!!!!!

Was supposed to ship on the 27/28th, but shipped on the 14th!!!!!! Oh man I can't wait!!! Can't freaking wait!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mines on the truck to be delivered. I'm excited too. Ofcourse I also have an HDTV and surround sound to setup this weekend as well as alot of work. Let's see...hdtv and new mac pro vs. tons of work...hmm......better be smart about it I guess.

It seems they are now shipping all mac pros. I think the 8800GT cards definitely delayed things. Especially in combo of the RAID Card and WI FI. But from what I can tell, they are now shipping everyone's orders. I spoke with a very cool customer service rep yesterday who was truly trying to be helpful. He said he was getting alot of calls and wanted to get to the bottom of why shipping was all over the place. Came back and said he was actually given a generic response. An internal generic response. These reps don't and won't know anymore than you or I. Keep that in mind when you call to question anything about your order. Funny thing is, while on hold my order status changed to shipping. We both kind of freaked out when he came back on the line. It was a freaky moment. Anyway, with the exception of receiving an Apple survey on how I liked my new computer that hadn't arrived, I've had a good experience with Apple's support and customer service. Doesn't really excuse a 5 week ship time but I'm actually glad it too that long since there were obvious early bugs. Hope everyone enjoys their new machine as much as I will. I've waited forever for this thing. Later on fellas!!

investorman

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2007
Steve Jobs received my e-mail!!!

I ordered on 1/17..not shipped yet..I e mailed him yesterday and revceived a reply by an Apple sales exec stated that Jobs read my e mail...The Apple exec apologized profusely as respects later orders being filled prior to mine and said Apple does in fact read the posts on MacRumors and is aware of the problems people have had as respect getting their orders shipped. He said he will personally check on my order and get back to me today....Very interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

LeKiD

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2007
Just sent an email to "Steve" about my undelivered jan order and I hope I'll get a reply soon. I'll post it whenever I get it.

AviationFan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Apple does in fact read the posts on MacRumors
Not surprising. You'd think they even actively participate, like they do in other industries - for example, some airlines have official participants over at flyertalk.com.

I think it's a great and inexpensive way for an executive to find out if certain procedures and decisions really work, and what the perception of the end customer is. Otherwise, all they can rely on is information that has been flowed up through the management chain, being massaged and filtered at each level.

- Martin

LeKiD

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2007
If you're having problems with your January order, email sjobs@apple.com with your feedback. Within a business day an Apple Online Sales Executive will call to try and make you happy. These guys can get a lot more done than any Customer Service Rep u get on the phone by calling APple.

Well, well, well ...

Got a phone call (actually more than one) from "these guys" today concerning an email I sent them about the disorganized shipping situation and I haven't got anything more than, "It's probably the 8800", "your configuration is special", "I confirmed with the shipping department, it's first arrived, first served", etc. So, I've been told that everything is going according to plan at Apple, it's all fair and it's always been. "You Mac Pro will hopefully ship shortly".

So, I guess all this commotion and the issue discussed on this forum about the Mac Pro deliveries have been a bunch of lies and creations from MacRUMORS (I mentionned the name of the forum and the guy came up with "We don't know what the rumors are") users.

So, well, I'll shut it up and wait... and I'll keep on reading comments about how wonderful this piece of equipment is.

To all, enjoy your Mac Pros!

hokpwah

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2008
My own update

OK ship date come and gone,
woke up this morning to an e-mail from apple saying "Due to an unexpected delay, we now anticipate shipping the following
item(s) as follows:"
ordered Jan 9, 2008 at 12:58 PM PST
Not yet shipped
Product Qty.
MAC PRO CTO
Custom configured
Ships by: Feb 19 - Feb 21
Delivers by: Feb 20 - Feb 22

Another week of waiting, ha. E-mailed the sjobes@apple.com earlier today and just received a phone call from Apple (not steve) said he was working with "manufacturing" and my order would ship "soon" soon is all he could give me.
OK, soon. . . I could have told myself *that*

Is anyone waiting longer then me? ordered 1/9/08

eyecool

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
I finally got mine today. It was scheduled to deliver by 2/19, but I did get an expedited (not overnight) upgrade. I'm tired... very tired. Excited, but tired. I know I'll sleep well know it's finally home. The wait was a dirty stress bomb. Like someone mentioned earlier, if it hadn't been for this forum, I would have not known ppl who ordered weeks after me were getting their work stations before me. In that regard, ignorance is bliss, but I have had fun stressing out w/ u guys. Wouldn't change it if I had to do it over.

For those of you who have not received your orders, do email sjobs@apple.com and when they call you, ask for $200 off. They aren't going to give it to you if you don't ask. This works assuming they have missed your ship date or have delayed your order. If they are still within the time frame for the original order, it's up to you if you ask for a price break. Some people did, but I did not. If they had delayed or missed the ship date, I would have.

sotired

MrPDaddyHimself

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2008
Put me back on the list. My MP is headed back to Apple Engineers due to a bad HDD Bay. I guess it will be another 7-10 days from what I understand before I'll have another one. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.