Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pourkay20

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2006
Mackilroy said:
It's mostly de.dust that's choppy…*the last thread I saw mentioned that it was basically just that map that saw extremely low frame rates.

de dust runs excellent on cs 1.6 dnt know ur talkin bout

njack9

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2006
Macbook - Battlefield 2

Hey Guys,

How do you get Battlefield 2 to install on the Macbook. I have the base model, with 1GB Ram and 80GB Hard Drive Upgrades. Is it something to do with the Intel 950?

All help is great

Thanks

gathaar

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2006
homm V

Could someone please test heroes of might and magic V on his macbook.
I would be very grateful. I'm planning to buy one. (I can't afford a macbook pro, but I like playing videogames)

njack9

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2006
Macbook Problems

Hey Guys,

Battlefield 2 will not install on the Macbook. I have the base model, with 1GB Ram and 80GB Hard Drive Upgrades. How can I get it to work?
All help is great

Thanks

acastic

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
gathaar said:
Could someone please test heroes of might and magic V on his macbook.
I would be very grateful. I'm planning to buy one. (I can't afford a macbook pro, but I like playing videogames)

I have it on my black Macbook with 2GB of RAM. works fine for me. A little slow down here and there, but otherwise its good :) Awesome game too! So much better than Heroes 4.

acastic

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
If anyone's interested, Dungeon Siege II runs great without any problems what-so-ever. Really fun too, especially if you enjoyed the first one.

steelfist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2005
any thoughts on the performance on neverwinter nights 2?

has anybody tried 3dmark 2001 SE, and 3dmark 2003?

gathaar

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2006
@acastic

thx acastic (do you play hommV on best settings?)
hehe, yeah heroes IV wast the worst game of the heroes series; III&V are the best. DS1 was super,but I only played the demo of DS2.

on the youtube site, I also saw that half life 2 on best settings is still running "great".
the power of a macbook is quite impressive.
I'm wondering if it will be able to run games as 'supreme commander' , 'C&C : tiberium wars' and 'neverwinternights 2'

PS : are you planning to play other games on your macbook?

grtz

acastic

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
gathaar said:
thx acastic (do you play hommV on best settings?)
hehe, yeah heroes IV wast the worst game of the heroes series; III&V are the best. DS1 was super,but I only played the demo of DS2.

on the youtube site, I also saw that half life 2 on best settings is still running "great".
the power of a macbook is quite impressive.
I'm wondering if it will be able to run games as 'supreme commander' , 'C&C : tiberium wars' and 'neverwinternights 2'

PS : are you planning to play other games on your macbook?

grtz

I play Heroes V on medium to high settings. I've seen it played on a MacBook Pro and a lot of the little background effects aren't present on the MacBook. Still plays great and is a must have game. I've been playing since the first Heroes game and Heroes III and V are by far the best.

I do have Half-Life 2 as well. It looks amazing on the MacBook. The only annoyance is the bug that crashes the game during every save. I haven't gotten too far in the game yet, so I can't say for sure what the performance will be when tons of enemies are on the screen.

I currently have Fable, Sacred, and Galactic Civilizations II as well. I haven't installed them yet, but if I have some time tonight and will check them out as well.

mickeydizzle

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2006
Star Wars Galaxies

Ok, I read loads of needy threads concerning SWG so I decided to test it out on my Macbook Pro 2.0 with 1GB of RAM with Bootcamp

Conclusions: Runs better than any PC I've ever tried it on, even with the highest graphics settings.

Ahh...Bliss

P.S - Sims 2 runs perfectly as well

Fishy

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2006
Does anyone have any solid info on how CS:S will run with the 2.0ghz macbook loaded with 2gb of ram? If possible... maybe a video? Thanks!

gathaar

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2006
:(

Hi, it's me again. So i bought myself a white macbook, (2 GHz) I installed most things and everything looks fantastic!!!
Now, one minute ago I tried to run hommV on the windows partition (the demo version that i downloaded) but it's always crashing while loading the game (i put all the graphical options as low as possible) ... I did order extra ram in the shop, but it isn't installed on my macbook yet. Will the problem be solved when I have 2 Gb ram :confused: (now I only have 512Mb i think)

thx in advance !!!

shifeng

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2006
arj7297 said:
I really appreciate the effort!:)

I'd only play SW:Galaxies and Guild Wars via bootcamp anyway...:)

you tried GW on MB? What is your MB config? I'd very much like to have it run on a MB because I'm going to get one start of next year. If I can't run it on a MB I'm not going to buy factions or nightfall.

gathaar

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2006
I'm a mac newbie

well, the game works fine (i can choose the missions, the races etc), but while loading a campaign mission or a custom game, the monk, who was singing all the time, starts stuttering and i get this windows error report ...
I think i really need to upgrade my ram to 2Gb ...

PS: i also have problems with my apple keyboard when i work on windows (I have the latest bootcamp)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.