Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KOTULCN

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
My 2015 15" rMBP will be here Tuesday and I was contemplating getting a Bookbook but I'm not sure it will fit in my bag, plus I'm concerned with airflow. I decided to get a Speck shell for now, see home it goes. I bought the fully loaded version so I'd kind of like to protect it if I can.

Henrythewound

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2015
I signed up to post here. I went through a lot of these posts and wanted to post what I ended up buying. I went with a Tom Bihn sleeve and Synapse 19 backpack. Both are very well made. Not cheap at all (the sleeve isn't too bad but the pack was $$) but they appear very well made and they are made here in the US. There is a cult-like following on their forums which I doubt I will get sucked into but the stuff I got is nice and I'm happy with it

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I signed up to post here. I went through a lot of these posts and wanted to post what I ended up buying. I went with a Tom Bihn sleeve and Synapse 19 backpack. Both are very well made. Not cheap at all (the sleeve isn't too bad but the pack was $$) but they appear very well made and they are made here in the US. There is a cult-like following on their forums which I doubt I will get sucked into but the stuff I got is nice and I'm happy with it

I second that. I have their Brain Bag as well as their Ristretto. I've had the Ristretto for two and a half years now and it's virtually good as new. I just bought the Brain Bag recently because of that to use with my new MacBook Pro. I'm going to order the Brain Cell to carry my MacBook Pro in the Brain Bag as well as a cache for my iPad Air 2. They are expensive but they're made in the USA of high quality materials and last a long time with very little wear and tear.

crm

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2011
I bought the Brenthaven slim briefcase for my 15" 2015. It's reasonably nice, however I think I'll pick up a sleeve for it as well (not sure if it'll fit in the slim briefcase with it on or not) - but regardless when I have it sleeping in the bag it does seem to get warm. Shall have to investigate further and report back.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
I really like this: http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-Pr.../B00BW0QBO6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1433882671

I bought it because I wanted something a little more protective than a sleeve which offers no protection against small drops or bumps (unless you want that new fancy incase one that is $70 and only offers protection around the edge).

It's only 3" wide -- it's not as big as I was thinking from the picture. It's not a completely rigid case because of the zipper, but it offers a good amount of protection. I like that it also doesn't smush the top of the case into the keyboard giving you keyboard markings on the screen like tight sleeves are prone to doing.

Overall, for $30 this case is very affordable and offers good protection for the money. Really like it.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom
My new MacBook Pro has arrived!

Mid 2015 15 inch - 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, AMD GPU, 512GB. Coming from a 2012 27" iMac.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 345
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 317

jiffry1017

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2009
I know the STM Aero is for the 13" MacBook Pro and the STM Impulse is for the 15", but does anyone know if you can squeeze a 15" MacBook Pro Retina into the STM Aero? Granted, I'm sure it will be tight but wondering if that's possible.

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
Finally got the inside replacement for my blue carbon fiber SlickWrap. The inside was impossible to install perfect and I ending up using an xacto knife to trim it on the sides where it was hanging over. That aside, I love the look!

If the inside stretched alittle during install, we're happy to replace it for you.

Simply shoot us a PM.

Kulfon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2013
Hello, folks.I will need some serious help. I am sure there are people who have done the research and maybe even used several products. I need a case for my new 15 in MacBook Pro Retina. I see that people talk mostly about these two options:
- Moshi iGlaze
- iPearl mCover

The thing is, there is no consensus that any of these products is really good. Moshi is very expensive, like 3 times the mCover. I read that both cases crack.

Can you recommend a case that you know is really top notch?
Thanks!

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009

Yup. You can't go wrong with Tom Bihn or Waterfield Designs. I have a number of their bags and sleeves and they are really nice and high quality.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
I'm rocking the Pelican 1095 with pick and pluck foam custom fit to my 15" rMBP. It fits easily with about and inch of foam around all edges. I also have the Pelican 1085 which very snugly fits my 15". Both are great options. I can't recommend Pelican enough. Super durable and you know you have protection. Mine has already survived several 4-5' drops like its nothing.

Yup. Bulky but sturdy and waterproof' plus yo can actually securely lock them. I have some for my camera gear.

KOTULCN

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
Have a couple of specific questions. I want to get some accessories for my new rMBP 15"" from 2015.

With this keyboard protection work?:
http://www.amazon.com/UPPERCASE-Pre...=1434100839958&perid=4E851A3CF85942F681C3#Ask

Will this palm protection work?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/inch-Macboo...Palm+Rest+and+Trackpad+Protector+for+MacBooks

Anything to protect the body itself and the screen? Thanks!

Apple says not to use them.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203671

totten76

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2015
Just wanted to let everyone know, I recently got the North Face Recon backpack and my 15" MBP fits perfectly in the sleeve in the backpack. I would highly recommend.

Hypnosis

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2015
Anyone have experience with the North Face Borealis backpack? It comes with its own sleeve, and I just want to make sure it securely fits a 13" MBP.

Kulfon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2013
Folks, one more specific question. I have the 15" rMBP and I got myself the Tech21 case. Would you know what kind of sleeve will work with this combo? THANKS!

Bananas Ananas

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2015
Massachusetts
I would like to buy a reasonably priced zipper free sleeve made for 13" rMBP. The purpose of the sleeve would be to protect rMBP from scratches when stored in bag and any kind of impact protection would be irrelevant. Does such a sleeve exist? Seems like everything is designed to fit all 13" MBA, 13" MBP, and 13" rMBP, and thus the sleeves I can find are loose fitting for 13" rMBP.

JHUFrank

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
I would like to buy a reasonably priced zipper free sleeve made for 13" rMBP. The purpose of the sleeve would be to protect rMBP from scratches when stored in bag and any kind of impact protection would be irrelevant. Does such a sleeve exist? Seems like everything is designed to fit all 13" MBA, 13" MBP, and 13" rMBP, and thus the sleeves I can find are loose fitting for 13" rMBP.
I am totally baffled by this post.

KOTULCN

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012

https://www.goincase.com/shop/colle...N_Sleeves&mc_cid=5b45346721&mc_eid=b6a1d9a076

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.